Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Drama... yep. Visual drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

telekon wrote: »
    No, the exposition of Leo Varadker. Remember, he's always been bit of a me-feiner and loose cannon over the last couple of years...his right winged-ness will be stifled by the party as a whole. (I hope)

don't think so, heard another FGer (can't rembemr who) bleating on about stopping sw payments after 6 months unless claimants do some kind of community work for their money. Trust me, this will be nothing more than a cost cutting measure to get work done cheaply now that their is aa public service emabargo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

murpho999 wrote: »
    They need to stimulate economy to generate revenues. You can't tax your way out of a recession.

Wasn't that Richard Bruton's mantra for the past two years...:confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,565 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

ArtSmart wrote: »
    em, lets not go nuts...
    Why not? I should quickly add I have no intent of giving FF any vote; but M. Martin's doing ok in the polls, certainly much better than Kenny, I think Fianna Fáil's rating has bottomed out & it was suggested by Vinny himself that a Labour / FF coalition could happen, if Gilmore was that desperate for power (which I think he is).

I certainly don't see FG getting a large enough share to create a majority government though, I think there will be a coalition of some sorts...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Between Prime Time and VB, another great night for SF and the ULA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

No, the exposition of Leo Varadker. Remember, he's always been bit of a me-feiner and loose cannon over the last couple of years...his right winged-ness will be stifled by the party as a whole. (I hope)

Have to disagree with that, these are fg policies after all its just that he really really likes them. And he's been more visible than ever lately, if fg were going to stifle him Kenny would have done it right after the coup, but he can't because there is a significant chunk of the party (clongowes boys and others) who support him.

There's no way Labour will let Varadker get away with some of these policies.

Maybe he's going waaaayyyyy to the right on purpose so when its balanced out with Labour policy, it will be more near his preferred policy options.

Lol would love to think that was the purpose but no everyone knows leo is the most visible face of the far right faction of fg and it is not a minority by any means unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

There's no way Labour will let Varadker get away with some of these policies.

Maybe he's going waaaayyyyy to the right on purpose so when its balanced out with Labour policy, it will be more near his preferred policy options. :confused:

Edit: It reminds me of planning permissions. You want 5 floors, you apply for 10 and then you end up getting permission for 7.
    i seriously hope that its a lab/Fg coalition. and that lab can hold them back/ temper their thatcherism
    Fg havent changed . knew it.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    don't think so, heard another FGer (can't rembemr who) bleating on about stopping sw payments after 6 months unless claimants do some kind of community work for their money. Trust me, this will be nothing more than a cost cutting measure to get work done cheaply now that their is aa public service emabargo.

I'm gonna hope that was some jumped up gombeen councillor from Bally-go-backwards... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Lame Lantern

Jesus what's Leo going on about. This guy has no political instincts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Go on Leo just say its poor genes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭bhovaspack

People are commenting that LV is having an "off" night or not "performing" well.

But surely this is irrelevant. The policies speak for themselves.

Jesus what's Leo going on about. This guy has no political instincts.
    and he's still fooking at it!!!!

this is insane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Between Prime Time and VB, another great night for SF and the ULA.

Lol very true, last nights show too, would love to see if these recent announcements and shows have affected the polls.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Oh Jesus, this is getting unwatchable. Go Leo.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Is Leo dying his hair, there's something wrong with my tele.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

and he's still fooking at it!!!!

this is insane

for someone from a family of medics trying to break the link between lower socio-economic groups and poor health, he really needs to cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Lame Lantern

At least a vintage FFer would deliver a speech along the lines of "ah sure God love em, we're doing out besht." Instead we're getting "werk more cancer babies!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Who the christ is that woman on the left? She's a fúcking eejit!

someone take that spade off leo. this is hard to watch

edit: phew, vincent took it off him

the honourable thing at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I don't know how vinny does it, bring on these good looking wimmin!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Arbeit macht frei Leo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

FG have always been closer to the PDs than any other party and here it shoes.

Did Vb just say that leo studied medicine?

Who the christ is that woman on the left? She's a fúcking eejit!

one of vinny's ladeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzz

Ok,I reiterate I'm behind ye, but Vinny was just going on about property tax and Leo was saying about hitting 'the bottom.' Vincent pipes up "who cares, those of us who are trying to sell their houses are the only ones who care..."

Needless to say this is VERY close to the bone for Vinnie... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭hawkhead

Leo really is a pompous prick.

I await the day when there is a knock on my door and his smug mush is facing me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Leo should never have got into that argument of whether being sick makes you poor, or being poor makes you sick... He should have left that little dilemma in his head....

Sardonicat wrote: »
    FG have always been closer to the PDs than any other party and here it shoes.

Did Vb just say that leo studied medicine?

he has done medicine, as have a few of his family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Could this not let this little girl out the back with a skipping rope until the program is over...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

i seriously hope that its a lab/Fg coalition. and that lab can hold them back/ temper their thatcherism
    Fg havent changed . knew it.

You mean like the Greens tempered the worst excesses of FF? :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement