Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Is she old enough to vote?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

telekon wrote: »
    Ok,I reiterate I'm behind ye, but Vinny was just going on about property tax and Leo was saying about hitting 'the bottom.' Vincent pipes up "who cares, those of us who are trying to sell their houses are the only ones who care..."

Needless to say this is VERY close to the bone for Vinnie... :(
    em, yes it affect vinny - and he still disagrees with not having a property tax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

He's a qualified doctor and was double jobbing as a politician and doctor for quite a while before he was caught out and forced to stop....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

fg are looking at books a year old, now **** this i am going back to ff

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Is she old enough to vote?

we all know what you're really thinking! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,565 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

goat2 wrote: »
    fg are looking at books a year old, now **** this i am going back to ff
    See? told ye it would happen :D

Leo should never have got into that argument of whether being sick makes you poor, or being poor makes you sick... He should have left that little dilemma in his head....
    but isnt it shocking that he let it out?
    i mean, it has to be in his head. no?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Leo should never have got into that argument of whether being sick makes you poor, or being poor makes you sick... He should have left that little dilemma in his head....
    It's inexcusable for a graduate of medicine to not know the stats supporting the link between poverty and poor health outcomes. I'd wager he does, but they don't suit his political vision. Even the most intelligent people can fall foul of cognitive dissonance when they are wedded to an ideology. These are thacherite policies that he is expounding. I'm waiting for him to say "there is no such thing as society..."

It's better to see this now than it is to get a nasty shock after you vote for them.

we all know what you're really thinking! ;)

WITHDRAW

You mean like the Greens tempered the worst excesses of FF? :rolleyes:
    good point. but unless lab lead a govt....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

ArtSmart wrote: »
    em, yes it affect vinny - and he still disagrees with not having a property tax.

Just saying, he has to sell his house. It was just the way he was saying "those of us trying to sell their house" made it a little more personal, a side we usually dont see from VB. Thats all...

WITHDRAW
    or abstain....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

WITHDRAW

you're concerned that such a young girl is up so late on a school night etc..

that is what you were thinking, right?!

'believed to be own by Irish pension funds credit unions'

believed by fookin who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

WITHDRAW

She wont withdraw the charges..

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Who the christ is that woman on the left? She's a fúcking eejit!
    forget her name, lecturer in maynooth, labour party member

telekon wrote: »
    Just saying, he has to sell his house. It was just the way he was saying "those of us trying to sell their house" made it a little more personal, a side we usually dont see from VB. Thats all...

I think its messing him up performance wise,hard to focus on slaying politians when you have large debts hanging over you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

I think its messing him up performance wise,hard to focus on slaying politians when you have large debts hanging over you

Or maybe its made him angrier about the whole situation. I think his more sedate performances have been down due to the higher workload recently...he is 66 now too.

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    forget her name, lecturer in maynooth, labour party member
    That's Mary Murphy, she's in the middle. i think s/he was asking who the wan with the eyebrows is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 gallinini

Banker just told Vincent he is shovelling sh!t
    My god a banker telling someone else they were shovelling sh!t. Isnt that rich...pardon the pun. I think VB is a breath of fresh air and a man with a great sense of humour. Just listened to Leo V on how he couldnt put a property tax on the rich as they wouldnt pay it. What an appalling statement, hes just shown his true colours. Another rich mans friend just as I always suspected FF and FG and one and the same.Michael Taft was far more in tune than Leo and actually seemed to understand what affect the raising of VAT would have on the lower paid in our society.

• Advertisement

gallinini wrote: »
    Michael Taft was far more in tune than Leo and actually seemed to understand what affect the raising of VAT would have on the lower paid in our society.

It's basic Welfare Economics. There is no reason he shouldn't.

yeah. FG = slash n burn policy

they were saying these things bout 8 months ago.

then they changed completely into caring FG, people first party - with vlad leading the way.

load a bolliix.

the truth's well and truly outta the bag now.

will be interesting to see FG's the attempts at spinning this debacle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

I think Leo was pretending not to know about the link.
    Its great to see the issue being debated at all , in RTE land its never mentioned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Do we have a single politician with even the most rudimentary media skills between FF, FG and Labour. Bloody hell but every night we get another raft of loonies on VB who seem to be killing themselves to stick two fingers up to potential voters.
    Are our politicians so inept they can't even lie properly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 gallinini

Sardonicat wrote: »
    It's basic Welfare
    Economics.
    Well thats whats frightening. Leo is probably going to be in a position that will affect us all, and he is just another "out of touch" politican.

InReality wrote: »
    I think Leo was pretending not to know about the link.
    Its great to see the issue being debated at all , in RTE land its never mentioned.
    yes. it's fun to come across as a arrogant ignorant nutter.

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Do we have a single politician with even the most rudimentary media skills between FF, FG and Labour. Bloody hell but every night we get another raft of loonies on VB who seem to be killing themselves to stick two fingers up to potential voters.
    in all fairness to FF, that was one thing they mastered.

not recommending it of course...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Dan_Solo wrote: »

Bertie kept his secrets to himself I guess.

ArtSmart wrote: »
    yeah. FG = slash n burn policy

they were saying these things bout 8 months ago.

then they changed completely into caring FG, people first party - with vlad leading the way.

load a bolliix.

the truth's well and truly outta the bag now.

will be interesting to see FG's the attempts at spinning this debacle
    Art, I hate to say this but they won't need to spin it. Welfare recipients are the easy targets. With shows entitled "Better off on the dole?" and hard pressed paye/usc wage earners being burned, left, right and centre the need for a scapegoat is acute. "I'm not paying tax so they can sit on their asses all day?" How often have you heard that, now?

Simple fact: there is no money to support the services supplied by voluntary organisations/ NGOs. How do you get the work done? Simples: you stick the welfare claimants on "activation programmes" with these organisations for 6-9 months at a time. Not to mention filling the breach in the public service left by the recruitment embargo. That way, you don't have to pay anyone, the work gets done and the mob are satisified that they are not supporting "scroungers".

• Advertisement

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Art, I hate to say this but they won't need to spin it. Welfare recipients are the easy targets. With shows entitled "Better off on the dole?" and hard pressed paye/usc wage earners being burned, left, right and centre the need for a scapegoat is acute. "I'm not paying tax so they can sit on their asses all day?" How often have you heard that, now?

Simple fact: there is no money to support the services supplied by voluntary organisations/ NGOs. How do you get the work done? Simples: you stick the welfare claimants on "activation programmes" with these organisations for 6-9 months at a time. Not to mention filling the breach in the public service left by the recruitment embargo. That way, you don't have to pay anyone, the work gets done and the mob are satisified that they are not supporting "scroungers".
    yeah, guess you're right.

what shocked me though was Vlad's lack of understanding of the impact of VAT on lower incomes - even school children know that.

and the statement that people wont accept a property tax - what he meant was- his targeted voters wont like it / accept it.

then the stunning - insane lack of recognition of the link between poverty and health etc.

and, most of all - a casual arrogance - a sort of - well, we're in now (govt) so here's the real deal, fck the middle and low incomes. this is how it is, whether yeses like it or not. frightening

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement