Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭PKen

ah jaysus, was watching the IRA/UVF program on RTE, .. it's very good.. but have to watch this..

Ditto. Gripping stuff, wasn't it? I missed most of VB tonight. But the RTE program was superior - had to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

PKen wrote: »
    Ditto. Gripping stuff, wasn't it? I missed most of VB tonight. But the RTE program was superior - had to watch it.

Delighted to hear you're learning something lads, about your country's recent history.

delaad wrote: »
    Delighted to hear you're learning something lads, about your country's recent history.

I remember those sectarian, hateful and violent days, only too well. I'm not as young as you think, although I'm complemented, that you thought I was. Thank God, the para-militaries eventualy saw sense and started to adopt John Hume/SDLP policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Whos this queen in the red tie and glasses? He's an awful a*hole! FF how are ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Martin Manseargh just said he'd rather kill himself (or i'd rather have died - i didn't hear) than have to drive himself around for ministerial duties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

baldbear wrote: »
    Whos this queen in the red tie and glasses? He's an awful a*hole! FF how are ya!

That's Martin Mansergh who was over in London last week selling Ireland at an economic forum.eek.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Mr Tim Buktoo

jesus, i cant believe that labour are the most popular party!
    its like pulling ****in teeth anytime a labour person is on this show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭AOwannabe

Brilliant childish squabbling tonight between VB and Martin Mansergh.

Vincent is a master at winding politicians up.

I think Mark Twains words sum up Labour;

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

"Frontloading" Vincent making fun of that ridiculous phrase. Hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

That Martin guy is going to kill himself before he drives himself around? WTF.

He is so far removed from reality its nearly funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Martin Mansergh doesn't believe Ministers or TDs should take another pay cut.

Mansergh talking about Dept of Finance official - "only taking 102,000 euro in pay"

What planet is this guy living on?

I agree. We're a nation of thick peasants, who'll always vote for populist parties. Labour (and Fianna Fail in the past) promise to cut nothing and they're "Great Fellas". The electorate will vote for what they want, instead of what's needed. All they see, is their own pocket - not the Nation, as a whole. We deserve what we get. :(

Is Barry Andrews fit for purpose? That's Vincent's question tonight. Mr Andrews has declined to go on the show surprisingly enough.rolleyes.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Koloman wrote: »
    Is Barry Andrews fit for purpose? Mr Andrews has declined to go on the show surprisingly enough.

Jesus H.Christ, he's been on EVERYTHING else today, Koloman... I have no faith in Andrews, he is really stereotypical of the "son of the policitian" who would never get voted in on his own talent.. another ex school teacher...

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

And I have no faith in the HSE.It has a lamentable history of failure to address the problem of child abuse and neglect, but is successful at spreading the disease of anti-social behaviour by moving problem families to new,hitherto, quiet neighbourhoods and ,of course,thereby failing to solve the initial problem.It is a seriously flawed bureaucracy.I'm afraid the overall complexity of the problem is too much for young Barry.

Discussing third-level fees tonight, Fionnan Sheehan is on

I wonder are the in-mates in Mounjoy, allowed stay up late tonight, to see their hero John Lonergan. I'm sure, if they're in their pyjamas, they'll be let. :rolleyes:

Father John Lonergan on tonight promoting his book.. He knows everything of course now that he is out of it, when he couldnt even keep drugs out of Mountjoy all the time he was there.. ... Just put in the nets to stop drugs being thrown in to the exercise yard a few months ago when they got rid of him..

• Advertisement

PKen wrote: »
    I wonder are the in-mates in Mounjoy, allowed stay up late tonight, to see their hero John Lonergan.

Nah, Tuesday is PES 2011 league night in Mountjoy..

Like yourself, I've a mate in the Prison Service. The new Governer is kickin' ass in there, at the moment. That riot a few weeks ago was all about the Prisoners testing him. He won - they lost. :cool:

.. ... Just put in the nets to stop drugs being thrown in to the exercise yard a few months ago when they got rid of him..

That point was put to him on (I think) the LLS a few weeks ago and he said the net was originally his idea

Does he get hairstyle tips from Terry Wogan?

AOwannabe wrote: »
    That point was put to him on (I think) the LLS a few weeks ago and he said the net was originally his idea

That's not my recollection of it, but you could be right... It's just baffling to me.... Drugs are being thrown in to the exercise yard, how do you prevent it.? I dont understand how this wasnt implemented from the start ..

John Lonergan is very camp, and pretty much of how I would have envisaged a stereotypical public service administrator... I couldnt imagine him maintaining control of a library never mind a prison..

Never mind. Sarah's reviewing the newspapers now. :)

That's not my recollection of it, but you could be right...

Actually now that you say it I think what he said was not that it was his idea but something like - the wheels were set in motion while he was Governor

AOwannabe wrote: »
    Actually now that you say it I think what he said was not that it was his idea but something like - the wheels were set in motion while he was Governor

Typical words spoken from a "stereotypical public service administrator" - to paraphrase JonathanAnon. The words "Just do it", never occured to him. :(

Anybody staying up to watch the mid terms with Tubridy?

• Advertisement

Anybody staying up to watch the mid terms with Tubridy?

I'm staying up to read your reply to the latest post on the "Don't tell the bride" thread :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement