Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I think mario is getting slightly better at vincent but I don't think he is that hard to impersonate really....

He was a lot easier to impersonate when he was on Radio 1. A lot of coughing and, whenever a politician was talking crap, very loud sighing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Vincent has a fancy for the lady in black ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

"You like old dogs!"eek.gif

Like Enda!biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The flirting is mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

RayM wrote: »
    He was a lot easier to impersonate when he was on Radio 1. A lot of coughing and, whenever a politician was talking crap, very loud sighing.

Haha. :D Very true...its all flooding back now.

Good times, good times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

MrsD007 wrote: »
    If it is recorded, it must have been recorded earlier today as the panel have been talking about Michael Martin's severance package..............

Well in fairness, it was hardly recorded last week :)

It's definitely recorded.

Catherine Halloran is tweeting about it now, and she's one of the guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

That_Guy wrote: »
    The flirting is mental.
    The VB show is stealing this thread's mojo!

Constantin via Twitter:
    I am off to get me a white cat. Simples.com

The flirting is mental.

Vincent's favourite song.

Constantin via Twitter:
    Check out the user name, Connie boy ;)

Prrrr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

SkidMark wrote: »
    Well in fairness, it was hardly recorded last week :)

It's definitely recorded.

Catherine Halloran is tweeting about it now, and she's one of the guests.
    Skidmark, I'm on my second bottle of Vino so you will have to allow for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Well said Sam, fecking artists :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Bobby is rattled :D

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Check out the user name, Connie boy ;)

Prrrr.

I shall do my best.

Ouch, Sam
    Delivered with a smile, aswell.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Skidmark, I'm on my second bottle of Vino so you will have to allow for that :)

I'm sorry MrsD,

I shouldn't snap,

we've all had a long day.

I blame Tubridy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Its like Vincent was asleep at the start of the week and sort of work up last night and now he's very prickly.

Bit sh*t to be honest. Anyway, I'm off to bed.

Its like Vincent was asleep at the start of the week and sort of work up last night and now he's very prickly.
    Like a loveable old hedgehog, really.

Well, that was crap, and i've got a tooth ache.

i'm off to bed, folks.

good night.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    The VB show is stealing this thread's mojo!

Let's all take the weekend off and hope our collective mojo returns for Monday.

• Advertisement

That wasn't a great show. Baroness Varadkar was barely mentioned. :(

Sleep well, all...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

RayM wrote: »
    That wasn't a great show. Baroness Varadkar was barely mentioned. :(
    But he was, by sam Smyth, in positive terms...

i wonder does Vlad think picking on artists redeems himself from last night.

as Neil jordan said, the only part of the est that didnt let the county down

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

SkidMark wrote: »
    I'm sorry MrsD,

I shouldn't snap,

we've all had a long day.

I blame Tubridy.
    No worries Skidmark :) I was drowning my sorrows when Constantin didn't make an appearance :D

ArtSmart wrote: »

I must have drifted off / zoned out during that part. Thankfully... because my television might have been injured otherwise.

I've just noticed on 'the' Twitter that Constantin Gurdgiev has a screencap of Mario as his avatar now.

ArtSmart wrote: »

Good to have a bit of balance about LV on VB at last.

Vincent thinks the banks were lying but that they just didnt know.. Even Brian Lenihan said (on Freefall) that the banks were more "inclined" to present a positive outlook of their situations than may necessarily have been the case...

Thanks to LostinKildare for this article from Vanity Fair.
    wrote:
    The bank analyst who had been most prescient and interesting about the Irish banks worked for Merrill Lynch. His name was Philip Ingram. In his late 20s, and a bit quirky—at the University of Cambridge he had studied zoology—Ingram had done something original and useful: he’d shined a new light on the way Irish banks lent against commercial real estate.

The commercial-real-estate loan market is generally less transparent than the market for home loans. Deals between bankers and property developers are one-offs, on terms unknown to all but a few insiders. The parties to any loan always claim it is prudent: a bank analyst has little choice but to take them at their word. But Ingram was skeptical of the Irish banks. He had read Morgan Kelly’s newspaper articles and even paid Kelly a visit in his university office. To Ingram’s eyes, there undoubtedly appeared to be a vast difference between what the Irish banks were saying and what was really happening. To get at it he ignored what they were saying and went looking for knowledgeable insiders in the commercial-property market. He interviewed them, as a journalist might. On March 13, 2008, six months before the Irish real-estate Ponzi scheme collapsed, Ingram published a report, in which he simply quoted verbatim what British market insiders had told him about various banks’ lending to commercial real estate. The Irish banks were making far riskier loans in Ireland than they were in Britain, but even in Britain, the report revealed, they were the nuttiest lenders around: in that category, Anglo Irish, Bank of Ireland, and A.I.B. came, in that order, first, second, and third.

For a few hours the Merrill Lynch report was the hottest read in the London financial markets, until Merrill Lynch retracted it. Merrill had been a lead underwriter of Anglo Irish’s bonds and the corporate broker to A.I.B.: they’d earned huge sums of money off the growth of Irish banking. Moments after Phil Ingram hit the Send button on his report, the Irish banks called their Merrill Lynch bankers and threatened to take their business elsewhere. The same executive from Anglo Irish who had called to scream at Morgan Kelly called a Merrill research analyst to scream some more. Ingram’s superiors at Merrill Lynch hauled him into meetings with in-house lawyers, who toned down the report’s pointed language and purged it of its damning quotes from market insiders, including its many references to Irish banks. And from that moment everything Ingram wrote about Irish banks was edited, and bowdlerized by Merrill Lynch’s lawyers. At the end of 2008, Merrill fired him.
    http://www.vanityfair.com/business/f...?currentPage=1

so if Merrill lynch knew, and they then advised the govt six months later....

Let's hope Vinny has a better debate than than the shouting match on RTE1 tonight.

Hope he found his mojo again over the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

My marks out of ten:

Michael Martin 8
    Eamonn Gilmore 7
    Enda Kenny 7
    John Gormley 7
    Gerry Adams 6

Nothing significant.. the guys pretty much just recited their mantras.. Martin tried to land a knockout blow on Adams but didnt succeed.. Adams still wishy washy on the economics.. Enda was solid without be commanding, must have been tired after flying back from Germany.. what did the rest of you think?

• Advertisement

Tonight we have
    Jim Power, John Mc Gurk, Kathleen Lynch, Eoin Metcalfe; Nicola Cooke, Adran Flynn

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement