Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

MrsD007 wrote: »
    We will have to agree to differ. Do you remember when Dr. Rory O'Hanlon was Minister for Health?
    Dr. Noel Browne? i could tell you in another setting*, what was going on in sanatoriums here before he became minsiter of health.
    *another covered up scandal waiting to break.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Oooh. Telescopic handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Dr. Noel Browne? i could tell you in another setting*, what was going on in sanatoriums here before he became minsiter of health.
    *another covered up scandal waiting to break.
    Now we agree on Dr. Noel Browne, he was a brilliant man but you are going back awhile. His autobiography "Against the Tide" is an excellent read :)

That_Guy wrote: »
    Oooh. Telescopic handle.
    Yeah, but where do i put the battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

actually the 'doc?' is right there.

civics should be a Leaving cert exam subject and Economics should be compulsory as part of it.

• Advertisement

Yeah, but where do i put the battery?

I dunno but come on... Telescopic handle to clean the windows. WANT!!!

The lad at the end looks a bit like Mario's Conor Lenihan.

Now we agree on Dr. Noel Browne, he was a brilliant man but you are going back awhile. His autobiography "Against the Tide" is an excellent read :)
    i just don't think that being a dr makes someone unfit, or fit, for public office. It's neither here nor there. My issue with Leo was that he pretended not to iunderstand the research establishing the link between income inequality and poor health. He can't use ignorance as an excuse for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

I would advise you to scratch him off your list of "Economists I Believe".. ;-).. I do agree though.. Would be interesting to get Morgan Kelly's opinions on these things but he seems to be camera shy, particularly when it's live TV..

Impressions were good tonight.. Mario is getting the hang of the format I think..

Believe me, he's never been on my list of 'Economists I Believe'. He's not really an economist, anyway He's an 'economist' for a private business, 'Friends First', i think; a mouthpiece/PR spokesman, in other words.
    So why is on here? Apart from the fact that all his public pronouncements for the last number of years have been comically inaccurate, he can't, by any measure, be desribed as an independent analyst.

Is Adams hugging Enda in the picture? :confused:

• Advertisement

Yeah. It's probably from the Independent. Still doing their best to try and damage FF's opponents; though they'd be more favourably disposed towards FG than other alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭hawkhead

He's just reassuring him that he's not on his special list

i just don't think that being a dr makes someone unfit, or fit, for public office. It's neither here nor there. My issue with Leo was that he pretended not to iunderstand the research establishing the link between income inequality and poor health. He can't use ignorance as an excuse for that.
    I understand the point you're making and I agree. However, what I'm saying is that if you look at Prof Drumm as an example, people had an expectation that he would help reform the HSE because he was a doctor and obviously that didn't happen. The same is true of Dr. O'Hanlon and Dr. Bhamjee. I'm not for one minute saying that all doctors are not suited to politics that would be ridiculous. I will be watching Dr. James Reilly with interest.

ArtSmart wrote: »
    actually the 'doc?' is right there.

civics should be a Leaving cert exam subject and Economics should be compulsory as part of it.
    Here's an idea inspired by John Stuart Mill: No pass, no vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Kathleen Lynch looks and sounds like a woman who spends her time looking through the death notices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

The News is not the News :D brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Is this Mrs Jim Corr?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 gallinini

imme wrote: »
    I've only seen it about 4 or 5 times. I used to listen to him on the radio, but like your experience he can be repetitive. He does have some interesting guests on though. He also raises topics/issues that don't usually get touched upon on RTE or in news media.
    Yes he raises issues not usually dealt with by the general media,because the salaries they are on are so obscene they like to detract from themselves.Just like the government do when there are cuts to be made they all sing from the same hymn sheet 'Lets hit the old reliable " yes you know the one Social Welfare.We need more VB like minded people in government and we might have a fairer society.

I understand the point you're making and I agree. However, what I'm saying is that if you look at Prof Drumm as an example, people had an expectation that he would help reform the HSE because he was a doctor and obviously that didn't happen. The same is true of Dr. O'Hanlon and Dr. Bhamjee. I'm not for one minute saying that all doctors are not suited to politics that would be ridiculous. I will be watching Dr. James Reilly with interest.
    Fair does.

We're still friends!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Go on Kathlenn blame the Illuminati....

• Advertisement

SkidMark wrote: »
    Kathleen Lynch looks and sounds like a woman who spends her time looking through the death notices.
    I bet Mr. Lynch is relieved she is spending Valentines with Vinny B :D

Fair does.

We're still friends!
    Off course :):)

She'd be good at reading them out on a local radio, wouldn't she?

i'd hate to be taking one of her classes. think it would be a dictaphone and sunglasses job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Shock horror, old lady loses it!

Send to the Conspiracy Theories thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

They should put health warnings on party policy documents if she has been reading them all day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 gallinini

AH this woman has been reading the parties policies. Who wouldnt look withered....

Jim Power is the living embodiment of what she's talking about; he was on RTE pushing the 'soft landing' agenda, unchallenged, in lead up to the last election and beyond.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭seen2Bgreen

Tonights VB show is terrible. Never heard so many on one panel unable to speak clearly. Everything is "emmmm, ahhhhh, errrrr". Even yer one reading the papers can't string a few words out. Desperate telly altogether. Christ on a bike.

Corsendonk wrote: »
    They should put health warnings on party policy documents if she has been reading them all day!
    If you ever had to do that, you'd have a bit of sympathy for her.

she has a point, how many people look through policy/proposal documents and know what to look for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Craebear

Wow that lady was actually talking sense. Too bad people are too thick to understand it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement