Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    I get that now!
    I think presenting the party as Fís Nua (New Vision) is counterproductive though with another very different group around with the same name. It's not as if Sinn Féin would put an English translation in brackets after their name!

Yes but Fís Nua were their first. The Labour Party (An Lucht Oibre).

Generally speak splinter groups either change the name entirely or go for The Real in front of the original name. Perhaps it should be A Real New Vision, rather then We Were Here First New Vision (and we are already old :( )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Dr Mary Attenborough

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    I get that now!
    I think presenting the party as Fís Nua (New Vision) is counterproductive though with another very different group around with the same name. It's not as if Sinn Féin would put an English translation in brackets after their name!
    New Vision is the English translation of our name Fís Nua. We often refer to the English translation of our name when talking to non-Irish speakers. Ireland is a bi-lingual country and therefore Fís Nua and New Vision is just one name expressed in the two languages of the state.

We already have the name registered and we do not accept any right of this group of independents to use our registered name.

There has already been a long discussion elsewhere on boards.ie concerning the non-legality of these independents position regarding use of the name. Please see my post:
    www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70607866&postcount=29

New Vision is the English translation of our name Fís Nua. We often refer to the English translation of our name when talking to non-Irish speakers. Ireland is a bi-lingual country and therefore Fís Nua and New Vision is just one name expressed in the two languages of the state.

We already have the name registered and we do not accept any right of this group of independents to use our registered name.

There has already been a long discussion elsewhere on boards.ie concerning the non-legality of these independents position regarding use of the name. Please see my post:
    www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70607866&postcount=29

You are both quoting the same thread. As for the bilingual aspect, surely if your policies speak to people the name of your party in any language does not matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

SkidMark wrote: »
    I agree, he is very tired.

Another 'live or recorded' update just for you, MrsD, The Late Late Show on Friday week will be pre-recorded, because RTE need the studio on Friday.

Apparently there is an election on that day (Presumably they wouldn't have time to arrange the set overnight).
    Ah Skidmark, a live or pre-recorded update that doesn't involve a second bottle of wine, I'm touched. Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

This was on The Eleventh Hour the other night - you might have missed it because you were watching Vinny.

I liked it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

This was on The Eleventh Hour the other night - you might have missed it because you were watching Vinny.I liked it.

Yeah I just spotted it on Facebook.. it's excellent.. Especially the bit about what the irish have painted..

This was on The Eleventh Hour the other night - you might have missed it because you were watching Vinny.

I liked it.

I hope Barry Murphy gets an election night.

Evening people, John Gormley on talking about election and (as TV3 put it) "possible wipeout in the election"... I'm sure he'll be delighted with that tagline.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Shoulda worn that tie last night John. you were the odd one out in your blue one.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

VB is praising J Gormley for his performance last night.
    It's only a matter of minutes before VB starts a sentence with....

"isn't it extraordinary how you........"

• Advertisement

scargill wrote: »
    VB is praising J Gormley for his performance last night.
    It's only a matter of minutes before VB starts a sentence with....

"isn't it extraordinary how you........"
    Here it comes...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

sorry i'm late - was watching the truly excellent 'story of Ireland of rte.

so, i see gormless, any one else on?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Anyone else expecting a caterer to bring out a dinner for Vincent and Gormely and start lighting candles?

That_Guy wrote: »
    Anyone else expecting a caterer to bring out a dinner for Vincent and Gormely and start lighting candles?

it does look a bit intimate alright.

tumbleweed wouldn't be out of place either!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

you mean after the butt fcking?

ArtSmart wrote: »
    you mean after the butt fcking?

I would hope they do that during the ads...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Jesus wept :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Hmmm, Vincent's got a suspiciously smooth forehead I've noticed...

Maybe he's getting advice from the Xpose girls regarding particular beauty 'treatments'...

Look him in the eyes John. He won't turn you into stone ya know.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Missed the start is the cabbage getting a mauling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Vinnie has to be careful here! But he's a trained barrister isn't he?

telekon wrote: »
    Maybe he's getting advice from the Xpose girls regarding particular beauty 'treatments'...

Looks a bit like Glenda's Gilson jawline alright..

The term "white collar criminality" makes me a bit uncomfortable.
    It kind of tries to soften it a bit. Respectable criminals ?

Missed the start is the cabbage getting a mauling?
    In a "come into to my parlour, said the spider to the fly" way.

Gormely hasn't a clue. He just stood idly by going after the stag hunting when we were on the bloody brink.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Vincent looks like he's devouring some greens already.
    Ba dum tsh.

Gormely hasn't a clue. He just stood idly by going after the stag hunting when we were on the bloody brink.
    Isn't it extraordinary!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Vinnie has to be careful here! But he's a trained barrister isn't he?

yes
    he loves to do his little 'set the scene' pieces to camera

good idea for a programme, one on one, instead of people shouting over eath other, changes the pace

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Looks a bit like Glenda's Gilson jawline alright..

I don't see it Jon...

glendag_indo_318903t.jpg

Vincent_Browne025205_display.jpg

• Advertisement

imme wrote: »
    yes
    he loves to do his little 'set the scene' pieces to camera

good idea for a programme, one on one, instead of people shouting over eath other, changes the pace
    Indeed, VB can set the pace, like a cat with its prey. Me likey.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement