Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Another night of hairstyle/clothing discussion hard hitting debate down :p
    Yeah, The Count should just do a playboy issue and be done.

Hmm. Granted a poll of this thread would be far from scientific but I don't see many female posters round these parts.

Perhaps not, but there are more than likely plenty of female readers of this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Because it suggests that, not only are about three women running for election, the equivalent amount are watching late night current affairs programming. I don't have much to worry me ...

There was a terrific ad for Beyonce's perfume running last week during Vincent Browne, I really enjoyed that one.

That was aimed at women, surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Perhaps not, but there are more than likely plenty of female readers of this thread.
    SkidMark wrote: »
    There was a terrific ad for Beyonce's perfume running last week during Vincent Browne, I really enjoyed that one.

Ok, I don't know anyone IRL, male or female, who watches VB so I won't argue with ye!

SkidMark wrote: »

Eh, I think it was aimed at "nerdy" guys before valentines who wouldnt be able to think of what to get the mrs becuase they are too caught up with current affairs to know what a "real" woman would like.

This is the kind of over genaralised pop bs psychology these fvckers operate with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

no, advertisers continue to believe the myth sbout gender based interests and advertise according to that myth.
    What are you basing this on?

I think advertisers have a good idea of the demographics they are advertising to since that is their business. How have you figured out something the advertising industry hasn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Pretty clear watching tonight that Sheehan knew he hadn't the intellectual rigour to challenge Gurdgiev. Funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

Eh, I think it was aimed at "nerdy" guys before valentines who wouldnt be able to think of what to get the mrs becuase they are too caught up with current affairs to know what a "real" woman would like.

This is the kind of over genaralised pop bs psychology these fvckers operate with.
    You might not like what they come up with but no other industry has a better understanding of human behavior than the advertising industry.

They basically control decide who get's elected in the UK because it comes down to who can hire the best agency,. Irish politicians are still quite primitive in their self promotion techniques.

They also control the arts world exclusively.

Pretty clear watching tonight that Sheehan knew he hadn't the intellectual rigour to challenge Gurdgiev. Funny!
    He didn't really rate at all did he? In fairness, he didn't really get given much of a chance by VB to contribute. The Count seemed to get a dissproprtionate amount of time to comment and Sarah Burke commandered the rest of available talk time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

He didn't really rate at all did he? In fairness, he didn't really get given much of a chance by VB to contribute. The Count seemed to get a dissproprtionate amount of time to comment and Sarah Burke commandered the rest of available talk time.

Sheehan's a lightweight though who always take the establishment side on any important issue or crisis - what you would expect from an Indo man.

He knew he was up against a superior maverick who has the cold hard facts and understands the realities of the situation.

Funny how he only argued with Sara Burke, but she is impressive too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Funny how he only argued with Sara Burke, but she is impressive too.

Hi, I didnt see tonight, so I probably shouldnt comment about Sarah Burke.. but I'm gonna comment anyway.. In my experience Sarah is full of data about all of the problems that exist within our health system, but is never prepared to put forward reasonable solutions.. It's easy to sit on the fence and be paid to criticise, it's difficult to be Mary Harney and be responsible for decisions (whether you think she's made a mess of it or not.

ps.. anything worth looking up on VB tonight.. I missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Michaél Martin will be on tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Should be a breeze for him after his encounter with the pensioner today.

http://www.tv3.ie/article.php?article_id=53909&locID=1.2&pagename=news

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

gladiator_3.jpg

I wonder will they show him the boards.ie poll... This is the current poll from my region... In the North Kildare region the top FF candidate is EIGHTH !!

boards_southkildare.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

8th? is that not a ff in 5th and 7th?

she repeatedly ask martin could he live on 200euro, a though question for anyone answer, you say yes your a prat, u say no ur in the wrong.

I wonder will they show him the boards.ie poll... This is the current poll from my region... In the North Kildare region the top FF candidate is EIGHTH !!

boards_southkildare.jpg

Same with my constituency in Dublin Jon

they are finished:D

manafana wrote: »
    8th? is that not a ff in 5th and 7th?

The image that I posted above is the Kildare South... This is Kildare North.. (didnt want to post them together as it would take up the whole page)

boards_northkildare.jpg

sorry about the bulky images folks..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Koloman wrote: »
    Should be a breeze for him after his encounter with the pensioner today.

http://www.tv3.ie/article.php?article_id=53909&locID=1.2&pagename=news

Is there no video of that incident? :confused:

Damn it, would have been epic...

Edit: watching the 9 o clock news back now...looks like it was recorded. but not shown by RTE!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

telekon wrote: »

Edit: watching the 9 o clock news back now...looks like it was recorded. but not shown by RTE!! :mad:

For some reason RTE only showed a fraction of the incident and even then David McCullough talked over most of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Flimbos

Will it be a one on one interview I wonder?

I expect plenty of haranguing!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭amovingstatue

Koloman wrote: »
    For some reason RTE only showed a fraction of the incident and even then David McCullough talked over most of it.

tv3 showed it in full on the news at 5.30, he was asked repeatedly by her and walked away then turned and said to her "i've answered your question" and smiled at the press, she responded "no you haven't", he walked away.

Might be on the nightly news shortly...

tv3 showed it in full on the news at 5.30, he was asked repeatedly by her and walked away then turned and said to her "i've answered your question" and smiled at the press, she responded "no you haven't", he walked away.

Might be on the nightly news shortly...

First story too... :D

Hopefully tonight is the night that Mehole blows it with the remainder of the brainwashed 12%

Hopefully tonight is the night that Mehole blows it with the remainder of the brainwashed 12%

Sept-y, you know as well as I do that there is no way these neanderthals would contemplate switching their vote for even a spilt second. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Vincent hunting big game tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Nice first question Vincent. Straight to the point :D

Vincent hunting big game tonight.

I'm expecting a lot of the "Micheal, isn't it inherently wrong that..." type questions tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Lehmans crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Harrange him Vinnie, go on!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement