Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Frank McBrearty came across as a right ignorant f**ker. To me, (and I know this is just a bad bad stereotype), he came across as your typical whinging nordie.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Thats the wave there thats going to take FF away!!!. Good god we are screwed if thats the calibre Labour are putting forward.

It's like what a lad at the bar would say after a few pints. Fierce funny though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 GazDoc

McBrearty is a joke. He doesn't have a clue about the politics of the party he represents.

Doherty was the only one who emerged with any credibility whatsoever. The rest were clueless.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Frank McBrearty came across as a right ignorant f**ker. To me, (and I know this is just a bad bad stereotype), he came across as your typical whinging nordie.....

In fairness to him he has a lot to moan about.

But his over explanation of the metaphor was brilliant.

It's a wave, that is going wash across Donegal to get rid of FF. He tried to explain it about 10 times.

If you don't know what a wave looks like see tomorrows Irish Times.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Elmo wrote: »
    In fairness to him he has a lot to moan about.

But his over explanation of the metaphor was brilliant.

It's a wave, that is going wash across Donegal to get rid of FF. He tried to explain it about 10 times.

If you don't know what a wave looks like see tomorrows Irish Times.

Yeh it was cringeworthy. I think Vincent and the other panelists were stunned with the idiotic metaphor, so he filled the gap by repeating the same point. It was hilariously embarrassing.

Is there any Independents standing?

You'd have to say that Doherty is the favourite to win (not knowing how strong SF are in Donegal?).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

real bar stool stuff out of him...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 GazDoc

Yeh it was cringeworthy. I think Vincent and the other panelists were stunned with the idiotic metaphor, so he filled the gap by repeating the same point. It was hilariously embarrassing.

Is there any Independents standing?

You'd have to say that Doherty is the favourite to win (not knowing how strong SF are in Donegal?).

SF are very strong there. Nearly won in the general election in both constituencies.

From tonight it would be Doherty but I guess Fianna Fail voters will still come out. Hard to call i'd say.

Sindo had SF at 15%(might have been higher), Labour and FG at 25% and FF on 35% :eek:.

Also had FF held the By-election soon after the Euro elections they would have won hands down, with Pat "The Cope" Gallagher being hugely popular in the county and after being elected as MEP. It was prob one of the only By-elections that they would have won. It's their own fault if they loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

GazDoc wrote: »
    McBrearty is a joke. He doesn't have a clue about the politics of the party he represents.

Doherty was the only one who emerged with any credibility whatsoever. The rest were clueless.

Certainly the only one of them who could talk coherently anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Elmo wrote: »
    Sindo had SF at 15%(might have been higher), Labour and FG at 25% and FF on 35% :eek:.

Also had FF held the By-election soon after the Euro elections they would have won hands down, with Pat "The Cope" Gallagher being hugely popular in the county and after being elected as MEP. It was prob one of the only By-elections that they would have won. It's their own fault if they loose.

Just discussing this topic on boards.

If Doherty takes it, it's all over for the gov.
    if Labour had any sense, they'd shoot McBrearty, him and FG are only gonna get in the way of bringing down FF.

• Advertisement

ArtSmart wrote: »
    Just discussing this topic on boards.

If Doherty takes it, it's all over for the gov.
    if Labour had any sense, they'd shoot McBrearty, him and FG are only gonna get in the way of bringing down FF.

I think they still have a majority. This won't bring the gov down but it will bring about a GE by Spring 2011. Also if FG or Labour feel that SF will bring the Gov down at the Budget or not allow the Budget go through they will vote with the budget as it wouldn't look good for the markets or the EU and we are currently trying to keep up with the Jones.

Vincent and de boys are giving it leggy on tv3 at the mo

pity he does his hysterical woman thingy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

ArtSmart wrote: »
    Vincent and de boys are giving it leggy on tv3 at the mo

the token brunette staying quiet for a long time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I kinda feel sorry for the brunette.. Every time she tries to say something MacDowall interrupts and contradicts her..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

the token brunette staying quiet for a long time!!

Like a funnier version of The Panel.

I kinda feel sorry for the brunette.. Every time she tries to say something MacDowall interrupts and contradicts her..
    pity, cos she was making sense.
    it's a pity there's a lot of interrupting but tbh Vincent doesnt really help.
    it seems if there is a lull, he interprets it as dead air and then he starts to blather bout some off topic craziness
    or else he gets his teeth into some emotive nonsense at the price of discussion and clarity.
    very annoying

Kilkenomics. David McWilliams latest wheeze is being discussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Who's your man just in from his day out golfing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

aaaaahhhhhhhhhhh....I think....aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh.... he is .......................................aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh a financial comentator from aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhh Iceland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh ehhhhhhhhhhhh thaaaaaaaaaaank aaaaaahhhhhhh youuuuuuuuuuuuu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

The two lads at the end look like they were headed out for a Wham! reunion concert and got dragged in at the last minute. Why are they dressed like that on a news discussion show?

Also, is McWilliams making an argument for withdrawal from the EU here?

Oh_Noes wrote: »

Also, is McWilliams making an argument for withdrawal from the EU here?

He has been arguing for a withdrawal from the Euro for a while now.

Vincent better be careful with the bribery allegations that the guy in yellow (don't know his name) is making.

Edit; His name is Bill Black form the University of Missouri.

what the hell is the deal with his t-shirt?!!

what the hell is the deal with his t-shirt?!!

I thought it was a severely out of shape Michael Flatley promoting his new dance show "Celtic Tiger". biggrin.gif

the icelandic guy is just after leaning back into his chair thinking wtf? he was making a fair point and the non-brunette tried to butt in and then vinny had to kinda wrap things up on the pidgin english. it was like a baby asking for ice cream and not knowing how to say it, and then just walking away in frustration!

Vincent when reviewing the papers said "Ratted" instead of Rated. It changes the whole meaning of the headline!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Koloman wrote: »
    Vincent better be careful with the bribery allegations that the guy in yellow (don't know his name) is making.

Edit; His name is Bill Black form the University of Missouri.

He didn't make any allegations.
    He suggested possible motives for actions in certain situations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

The guy with the red tie, Mr Blinky seems like he's a smart guy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement