Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Now, who is focusing on the past?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

VB doing alot of haranguing tonight

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,576 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Jesus, leaving aside the state of the economy and what hand FF had in it, Michael Martin is tetchy, snide, defensive & overly smug. He's throwing his toys out of the pram because he can't control the interview & is being utterly patronising about Vb's desire to - gosh - use evidence to support the questions asked. Frankly he's a disgrace as a public representative & clearly has a false sense of entitlement.

What an ass. Vote this lot out please.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

manafana wrote: »
    far from on the ropes in my view, handling most of what vb throws at him, and as any good debater will do he takes an element of control

Yeah in fairness Martin has debated excellently. Kept his cool well too. No wonder Enda won't come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭paulgalway

He says he always answers questions put to him; not to day as seen in the TV3 news!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭glengirlie

VB laughs at everyone.....when the only person he should be laughin at is HIMSELF!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Classic stuff.

Ding ding ding round one...

If it goes to points MM probably has it so far :D

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

I have a sinking feeling that people are going to think this blustering from MM is strength and leadership

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

YOU HAVE WRECKED IRISH SOCIETY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

goat2 wrote: »
    tonight michael martain has done brilliantly, not like the leaders debate the last night, where questions were known before time, at least he did not know what was about to be trown at him, and he has shown he has what it takes to lead

Are we watching the same programme?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭glengirlie

ArtSmart wrote: »
    How're they all in Cork?

doesnt matter what he says, - if he felt so strongly - HE SHOULD HAVE RESIGNED IN DISGUST.
    All in Cork are great altogether, welcoming supposed FT Enda Kenny tomorrow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Jesus Martin, you answered the question in one word when you didn't answer it the first time in 5 minutes of waffle with another 5 minutes of whining about not being allowed answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Way of looking at this is how any other politican would done in MM's place not many would do better. All politicans walk around questions anyway, say the wrong thing and their up poo creek.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

RayM wrote: »
    Are we watching the same programme?
    yes, but some glasses are tint with a rosey (/ denial)hue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

I have a sinking feeling that people are going to think this blustering from MM is strength and leadership

Don't throw on the life jacket just yet. Shower of chancers could say mass. Fun to watch though.. :D

"Fool me once" ... and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭liogairmhordain

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Jesus Martin, you answered the question in one word when you didn't answer it the first time in 5 minutes of waffle with another 5 minutes of whining about not being allowed answer.

and he answered it with a lie.
    ff doesn't want to be in government - it isn't running enough candidates for a majority and has no coalition options

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

This idea that 'we were told the banks would run out of money the next day'

How is that an excuse for their actions - how did they not act before then?

It's an admission of their own incompetence and ignorance of the situation.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,576 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

"When will you get that?" says Martin? Get the fook out you arrogant gít. Who the hell does he think he is ... argh. blood boiling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Martin has basically stated that FF sold out Irish interests for EU interests, pity Vincent isn't making more of that.

Actually he's getting into it now. 'Ridiculously simplistic, if you don't mind me saying so.' What a prick martin is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Michael is showing Vinny that he is a small fish in a small TV station, he can't pin him at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Was is Vinny tolerating this waffle?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

ArtSmart wrote: »
    yes, but some glasses are tint with a rosey (/ denial)hue

maybe my tv has better volume and picture than yours, mm is doing brilliant, thats it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I have never seen a politician criticise an interviewer's viewpoint as much as Martin is doing tonight. He's trying to harangue Vinny!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

so funny. the man is being slapped around the room by vinny.

it's interesting how genuinely MM is annoyed by the uncouth approach of a mere interviewer.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

MM is the most repulsive politician I have heard speak in a long time. Hearing him bluff and whine and patronise is making my skin crawl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

He is developing a Bertie-like stutter when he lies now :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

can i ask of anyone voting FG? How can you have any confidence in government lead by enda kenny, and the whispers of likelyhood they'll sell of solid state assets such as ESB.

ESB sold will = price increases when buyer comes in and dominates market.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

He can't say definitively that Irish citiizens are more important than the EU.
    How can anybody vote for that buffoon or his party.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

paulgalway wrote: »
    He says he always answers questions put to him; not to day as seen in the TV3 news!!!

he answered 'no' in the end to be fair as he turned his back on her...:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

FF allowed the Ship of State to hit the Iceberg and The First Class passengers were given the life jackets and guaranteed seats in the Lifeboats..to FF and friends

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement