Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Pay up and shut up right Michael:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

"We can't behave as an Independent Island", Martin says. WTF?mad.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

goat2 wrote: »
    maybe my tv has better volume and picture than yours, mm is doing brilliant, thats it

for sure, he's hittng back

but his arrogance is an open wound

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Was is Vinny tolerating this waffle?

I think he is restraining himself when he's interviewing the leaders. They wouldn't agree to go on otherwise I'd imagine. Bet he wishes he could let loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

manafana wrote: »
    can i ask of anyone voting FG? How can you have any confidence in government lead by enda kenny, and the whispers of likelyhood they'll sell of solid state assets such as ESB.

ESB sold will = price increases when buyer comes in and dominates market.

Ah come on ...wrong thread....this is Vin B show about Micheal Martin.

Don't think ESB is major issue on people's minds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

I have a sinking feeling that people are going to think this blustering from MM is strength and leadership

Same way the FF faithful were loving Biffo coming out swinging in his gruff, arrogant, biligerent manner. Cretins all. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Koloman wrote: »
    "We can't behave as an Independent Island", Martin says. WTF?mad.gif

you think ireland without europe would have had the money we all saw over last 20years?

Anyone else MM has no concept of time? He can't estimate accurately how long they've been discussing anything when he whines about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

You're not being fair Vinnie, don't you know you're supposed to ask easy questions based on non-contentious issues as well as the stuff he can't answer that proves his party to be incompetent?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

That went well:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

can i ask of anyone voting FG? How can you have any confidence in government lead by enda kenny, and the whispers of likelyhood they'll sell of solid state assets such as ESB.

What has that got to do with this discussion?

Considering ESB's rates are being kept artificially high due to government regulation, it is unlikely that they will increase if the ESB were to be sold off.

That was awful viewing. I couldn't stomach living in Ireland with that man as leader. I'd rather anybody else than that git.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

I missed most of it, what did he say ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Martin has scored several own goals tonight, don't think he did well at all. anyone who thinks he won or did well because he was rude to Vincent wouldn't understand what was being discussed anyways. FF have lost all rights to pretend to be a republican party any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

you think ireland without europe would have had the money we all saw over last 20years?

Wasn't that one of the problems in the first place? Cheap money from Europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

He said it all when he said "we had to protect the Euro" - so in other words "fúck ye all"

In fairness, i'm seriously oping Fg dont get a majority and enter coalition with labour.

But dear, manafana, FF actions - or lack of them BEFORE 2008,may well cost this country every fcking asset it fcking has.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Geansai Rua

Such a smug fcuker...

Vinny looked like he enjoyed that..

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Lame Lantern

I know it'll never be the boards consensus, but I think Micheál Martin kicked Browne's ass tonight and I have never seen any other politician do so. Also, I think he spoke with a far greater understanding of the situation than guys like Somerville and Gurgdiev who claim that government officials and civil servants don't know what they're doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

How did you find Bertie and Biffo?

I found the former corrupt and the latter incompetant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Horse_box

Although Vinny didn't nail him to the wall as he could have, MM undone himself even after all his huffing and puffing.

He admitted FF priortise keeping Europe happy before the Irish people. If people saw this and still vote FF, we will get the government we deserve

Get these scumbags out

well, i'm opening another beer in celebration, so it must have

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Míchael is a very impressive debater though..

Enda Kenny would have sat there smiling like he did with the Sinn Féin question on the LLS... btw, has anybody noticed.. Enda doesnt use that stupid avuncular smile any more... and people take him seriously..

he's not an impressive debater at all, he's an impressive evader or impressive windbag, the amount of strawman arguments the guy comes out with is unreal, i think vinny went easy on him tonight as he was grateful an ff leader finally came on the show

the sheer audacity of martin to have a go at vincent browne for reading stuff that supported an anti-ff argument and ask for balance, the balance is provided by you martin you plonker, it's your responsibility to come up with the counter-argument, martin belongs in china or russia where the media would do his bidding for him

he's a cheeky fcuker and i can't stand his arrogance and evasiveness, just another slimy ff rat, vincent should have nailed him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Horse_box wrote: »
    Although Vinny didn't nail him to the wall as he could have, MM undone himself even after all his huffing and puffing.

He admitted FF priortise keeping Europe happy before the Irish people. If people saw this and still vote FF, we will get the government we deserve

Get these scumbags out

I didnt see it :( Was he that bad? You will be surprised some people agree with him and money and dealings with EU is all they care about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Koloman wrote: »
    Wasn't that one of the problems in the first place? Cheap money from Europe?

the cheap money came from Bank of Scotland and like coming into loan markets ireland in late 90s, but come on without Europe Ireland would probably we were it is now anyway, we had the good times and now got take the bad with that, its certianly no worse now than was in early 80s

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

murpho999 wrote: »
    Ah come on ...wrong thread....this is Vin B show about Micheal Martin.

Don't think ESB is major issue on people's minds.

of course it is important to the people, also the fact that we have a fellow who is too frightened to sit next to vb is an indication that he would not be fit to run a country, i do hope fg does not have an all out majority,

• Registered Users Posts: 24 markj2009

MM has just wiped the floor with Vinnie. 'I think your opinions are overly simplistic'. Don't think he was expecting that. Martin is very impressive since becoming leader of FF.

I know it'll never be the boards consensus, but I think Micheál Martin kicked Browne's ass tonight and I have never seen any other politician do with. Also, I think he spoke with a far greater understanding of the situation than guys like Somerville and Gurgdiev who claim that government officials and civil servants don't know what they're doing.
    Lame...

er,

Lantern.

i disagree.

:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,576 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I know it'll never be the boards consensus, but I think Micheál Martin kicked Browne's ass tonight and I have never seen any other politician do with. Also, I think he spoke with a far greater understanding of the situation than guys like Somerville and Gurgdiev who claim that government officials and civil servants don't know what they're doing.

There's a big difference between "kicking ass" and acting in a professional, statesman like manner. Martin was neither of those things. It's commonly known that Vincent Browne tries to cut the waffle and asks deliberately pointed questions - so what was Martin's excuse for being defensive, bullying, tetchy and just plain arrogant? Again the word here is "entitlement" - Martin acted like he was entitled to waffle on with his defensive bluff, and his backtalk to Browne smacked of pure hypocrisy in places.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

next opinion poll will put FF into single figures

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement