Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I know it'll never be the boards consensus, but I think Micheál Martin kicked Browne's ass tonight and I have never seen any other politician do with. Also, I think he spoke with a far greater understanding of the situation than guys like Somerville and Gurgdiev who claim that government officials and civil servants don't know what they're doing.

Funny all I heard him mostly say was that Vincent was being unfair and his questions were wrong. He was very impetuous to me

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I missed most of it, what did he say ?

He did nothing wrong his party did nothing wrong and he is the man to lead us out of this depression:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

manafana wrote: »
    can i ask of anyone voting FG? How can you have any confidence in government lead by enda kenny, and the whispers of likelyhood they'll sell of solid state assets such as ESB.

ESB sold will = price increases when buyer comes in and dominates market.

We can have an argument on whether semi-states should be sold of or not. The problem is that because of FF the incoming government will have no choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭SamSamSammy

I know it'll never be the boards consensus, but I think Micheál Martin kicked Browne's ass tonight and I have never seen any other politician do with. Also, I think he spoke with a far greater understanding of the situation than guys like Somerville and Gurgdiev who claim that government officials and civil servants don't know what they're doing.

it's a great pity people are so blinded by hate they won't even acknowledge him. maybe the party he represents is a dud but MM is ten times the man Enda will ever be.

i'll be quietly smug when Enda makes things worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Ah Vinnie got them to put the candidates up on screen at last. No more reading out the endless list of wannabes every night...

• Advertisement

goat2 wrote: »
    of course it is important to the people, also the fact that we have a fellow who is too frightened to sit next to vb is an indication that he would not be fit to run a country, i do hope fg does not have an all out majority,

All fair points but has absolutely nothing to do with this thread or Vincent Brown show in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

markj2009 wrote: »
    MM has just wiped the floor with Vinnie. 'I think your opinions are overly simplistic'. Don't think he was expecting that. Martin is very impressive since becoming leader of FF.
    em, welcome to boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

glad I'm not voting in Wicklow, "ballot sheet like bog roll" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

donfers wrote: »
    he's not an impressive debater at all, he's an impressive evader or impressive windbag, the amount of strawman arguments the guy comes out with is unreal, i think vinny went easy on him tonight as he was grateful an ff leader finally came on the show

the sheer audacity of martin to have a go at vincent browne for reading stuff that supported an anti-ff argument and ask for balance, the balance is provided by you martin you plonker, it's your responsibility to come up with the counter-argument, martin belongs in china or russia where the media would do his bidding for him

he's a cheeky fcuker and i can't stand his arrogance and evasiveness, just another slimy ff rat, vincent should have nailed him

Good summary.

Is yer wan in yellow a Mary Coughlan tribute act?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

it's a great pity people are so blinded by hate they won't even acknowledge him. maybe the party he represents is a dud but MM is ten times the man Enda will ever be.

He was in cabinet for 14 years in the worst government in Irish history. How this makes him a great man, I'll never fathom...

pixelburp wrote: »
    There's a big difference between "kicking ass" and acting in a professional, statesman like manner. Martin was neither of those things. It's commonly known that Vincent Browne tries to cut the waffle and asks deliberately pointed questions - so what was Martin's excuse for being defensive, bullying, tetchy and just plain arrogant? Again the word here is "entitlement" - Martin acted like he was entitled to waffle on with his defensive bluff, and his backtalk to Browne smacked of pure hypocrisy in places.

nail. head. you. hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

What is it with people on VB wearing jackets that match the colour of their hair. First Fionnan now this woman.biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Horse_box

He didn't let Vinny control the interview but he completely shot himself in the foot by admitting preference to Europe over the Irish people, add to that he's a completey smug git with no sense of responsibility, he kicked his own ass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Go'wan Rosie!

Rocking the "be seen if youre not heard" look. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭hawkhead

Why would you be in any way smug should Kenny make things worse ?

markj2009 wrote: »
    MM has just wiped the floor with Vinnie. 'I think your opinions are overly simplistic'. Don't think he was expecting that. Martin is very impressive since becoming leader of FF.

What are you on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Loads of "man" ads. no pissy pants pads or pooh yoghurts in sight

About those ads we were talking about last night

You had ads for Pantene and Sanitary towels in that ad break just now, so the advertisers must have realised there are wimmin out there watching too :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,576 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hate has nothing to do with it; Martin was part of the 14 year government that ran this country into the ground. Instead of showing any sense of humility, he made _1_ moment of apologetic lip-service & since then has been defensive to the point of bullying. He's not a leader, he's a smug bully who thinks he has done no wrong. Enda's a plank but the question isn't what Enda isn't, it's what Martin is.

two wrongs dont make may one wrong less wrong.

or words to that effect.

• Advertisement

Is she heading to an Acid house rave after this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

That jacket is lighting most of the studio by the looks of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

goat2 wrote: »
    of course it is important to the people, also the fact that we have a fellow who is too frightened to sit next to vb is an indication that he would not be fit to run a country, i do hope fg does not have an all out majority,

I don't remember Brian Cowen or Bertie Ahern appearing on any of Vincent Browne's programmes (television or radio) either. Although, as they've both proven themselves unfit to run a country, maybe you could have a point...

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Craebear

If she says "FINE" gael one more time, I will break something.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Martin is a joke and it was great watching Vincent make him squirm. Him and his colleagues are living off the name of a once great party that they have dragged through the mud and disgraced. Roll on the day these guys are booted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

SkidMark wrote: »
    About those ads we were talking about last night

You had ads for Pantene and Sanitary towels in that ad break just now, so the advertisers must have realised there are wimmin out there watching too :)
    Obviously the geniui in the "industry" read my posts last night.Happily, they missed the bit about my impending birthday, or they would have had the seabond and tena pads ads on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The opinion from the couch at home

constantin_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

One of the most culpable members of the Government of Death and Vinny failed to nail him....now he is badgering a lightweight Shinner....Think I'll leave Vinny and the rest of the hystericals to it. Embarrassing telly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,576 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Did she just call Enda's party "Fine" (as in rhymes with line) gael? That's a bit ... odd?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

telekon wrote: »
    He was in cabinet for 14 years in the worst government in Irish history. How this makes him a great man, I'll never fathom...

'o ye of little faith '

Live 14 years with FG and you may change your views .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement