Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Am I the only one sick to the back teeth of Independants, and small-fry candidates in general, rattling on, and on, and fecking on about the EU/IMF deal. It has become such a lazy broken record at this stage.

All of them keep talking about dropping / burning the deal, and coming out with these utterly useless comments barely worth the airtime they waste. They're actually managing to come out with more clichés and useless sound-bites than the parties they claim to rail against. It's as if they realise they can't chase the money-pot anymore and don't know what else to rattle on about.

I don't hear a single mature, realistic, useful idea coming out of those four beyond the usual "OMG WE MUST BURN THE IMF DEAL!!!1!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

4 of the weakest candidates I have ever seen. All 4 are awful. A record amount of independents are going to get into the Dail in this election and if these 4 are an indication of the standard of independent candidate, god help us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

image002_187.jpg

I was gonna photoshop on clown shoes, a red nose and a flower squirting water.... but I'm too depressed.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Fluffybums

I've experience, well everyone in charge for the last 17years had experience!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

I'm genuinely surprised Vincent didn't tell MHR to take the cap off.
    I don't think it'd be out of order to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The Independents remind me of a geeky kid in school who gets invited to a cool party. He doesn't know anything really but he's just happy to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Hurry up...bla bla bla

Wanna see the next Enda interview.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

"Straight-forwardly"??

Oh my god, even their English is amateur. Oh god, bring on the single part government, I couldn't imagine these clowns having a sway in our affairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

That_Guy wrote: »
    This election is just like voting for either of these guys. Different "people" but the same fcuking outcome. Not much of a choice is there?

kang_kodos_hitchhiking.jpg

Homer_Dole_Clinton.png

they DO look like Enda & Mehole

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭cutymonalisa

OK, I'm seriously annoyed. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Here we are just 4 days out from the election and the quality of debate here is just laughable. Micheal Healy Rae personifies the gombeenism of the political system in this country. Toe - curling, utterly cringe worthy the lot of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Is that red haired woman's middle name Cliché?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,982 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

pixelburp wrote: »
    Am I the only one sick to the back teeth of Independants, and small-fry candidates in general, rattling on, and on, and fecking on about the EU/IMF deal. It has become such a lazy broken record at this stage.

All of them keep talking about dropping / burning the deal, and coming out with these utterly useless comments barely worth the airtime they waste. They're actually managing to come out with more clichés and useless sound-bites than the parties they claim to rail against. It's as if they realise they can't chase the money-pot anymore and don't know what else to rattle on about.

I don't hear a single mature, realistic, useful idea coming out of those four beyond the usual "OMG WE MUST BURN THE IMF DEAL!!!1!"

Agreed, this is awful as our this bunch of mundane and boring independents, indeed one apparently from my own constituency and i've never heard of him!, role on second inda interview:D

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Geansai Rua

There's independents and independents that are really independent..

Hmmm... interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

I was gonna photoshop on clown shoes, a red nose and a flower squirting water.... but I'm too depressed.. :(

No need to shop a big red gonk nose on Bertie these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

montane wrote: »
    Are you now applying gob$hite Bertie's "people talking down the economy should go and commit suicide" stance to everyone in Ireland in 2007 now, and disregarding the fact that many experts were saying the economy was based on a massive, unsustainable credit bubble.

Are you also taking the gob$hite typical FF stance "Shure no-one in the banks told us tings were gettin so bad, if only they had told us..."

Dont bother trying to feign indecisiveness here. Go and vote FF, it's your natural home.

Sorry but how have you come to that conclusion, you are way off there :)

I was referring to threads at the time on here and specifically a UK newspaper article which really rilled posters, people tend to forget things, understandable I suppose given what has happened in the years since.

Sure it was a matter of pride for some, not talking TD's here that retail rent in Grafton street was amongst the highest in the EU/world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

(not sure where SF stand on expenses, although since they only pay themselves the average industrial wage I would hope they stand on the right side of the issue).

They take the full amount, keep in or about the average industrial wage and donate the rest to the party. They will take as much from the irish tax payer as any other politician. More PR waffle from SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Sad thing is they are all as bad, I have no idea why there isn't a proper cap on expenses, QUOTE]
    He's wearing it, isn't he?

That's the only cap he'll put on himself this year.
    /groans

Second enda interview... Mario??

MHR let off very lightly, Vinne had all the ammo in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭jaffa20

pixelburp wrote: »
    "Straight-forwardly"??

Oh my god, even their English is amateur. Oh god, bring on the single part government, I couldn't imagine these clowns having a sway in our affairs.

In fairness, i think the only words in Enda's vocabulary are:

"Bad deal" and "get Ireland working":pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭.same.

Did MHR say he's been elected 3 times ??? whats he on about its his first time running

This "debate" is missing Jim Corr.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Like that Mickey Rourke Bavaria ad...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

.same. wrote: »
    Did MHR say he's been elected 3 times ??? whats he on about its his first time running

As a Councillor I presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Kerry County Council

Knew it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Local govt. i presume.

COYW wrote: »
    They take the full amount, keep in or about the average industrial wage and donate the rest to the party. They will take as much from the irish tax payer as any other politician. More PR waffle from SF.

the other option is for them to only take the industrial wage off the taxpayer, and run the party off political donations instead

this is the lesser of two evils imo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Is Gilmore going to go on VB?

• Advertisement

The rope is a nice touch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement