Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

ArtSmart wrote: »
    yeah, but Power said 'election' not general election'

he's referring to the by-elections

I could be wrong, but I don't think so.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Needed at least one economist on.

Paul Sommerville was excellent last night and I wish he was on tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

spyderski wrote: »
    Is it possible to contact the show & tell VB to ask about it??

You would think an editor, producer or researcher would whisper in his ear, or maybe he's gone all Agent Smith and removed his ear piece while getting stuck into his Neo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Fascinating 30 minutes of television.

Power's snotty/snobby responses and general attitude was repugnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

What i don't understand is why he doesn't have a couple of proper heavyweights on against this guy.
    lol.

proves the point of Power's ability. (there's 3 against 1 already.

He's the guy should ditch FF and set up hiss own party - in about 10 years though and not with the vast majority of the present crew.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Thing is. He didn't get anywhere with Power. Questions just bounced off the smarmy fcuker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

RayM wrote: »
    This is Vincent Browne at his very best. Right up there with the time he introduced Frank Dunlop by saying, "Frank Dunlop... You're some little bollix, aren't you?"

To quote a character from The Thick of It, it's "like watching a lion raping a sheep."

The camera men are even laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Yeah the panel is not great tonight. Needed at least one economist on.

I'd pay to see what Morgan Kelly would have to say to him (i understand he doesn't do these shows though).

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Lame Lantern

Power is the most reasonable and pragmatic speaker on the programme, whether you like agree with his position or not.

I don't understand why Fianna Fáil keep hurling uninformed backbenchers at Vincent Browne where it all it takes is a soft-spoken, confident panelist to make all the dramatic outrage and abuse being thrown around by Vincent and his regular guests seem nonsensical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Koloman wrote: »
    Would you get this sort of questioning from RTE? I think not!

You weren't listening to RTE today then? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

In fairness, what else could he have done. I'm no FF supporter, but he did well in the face of VB's usual bluster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

ArtSmart wrote: »
    yeah, but Power said 'election' not general election'

he's referring to the by-elections

I'm pretty sure it was general, I thought it was the by-election he meant but 99% sure he said general. Isn't the by-election sooner than a few months time ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Did this guy pull the short straw in the Fianna Fail canteen today?
    "you'll be grand, Vincent is very easy going"

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭eoinbn

I can't believe that VB, or one of the guests, hasn't pointed out that an extensive guarantee is not the same as a blanket guarantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Tbf and it scares me saying it but most of Powers replies were perfectly logical.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Peter Power is what I would describe as a "skilled liar", and they are far, far more dangerous than the bad liars like Roche and Manseragh!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Thing is. He didn't get anywhere with Power. Questions just bounced off the smarmy fcuker.

VB is no economist though. He's just getting wound up. Power even though he's coming out with absolute manure is staying calm under pressure. Other two on the panel are contributing very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

I expected more from sideshow bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Now he's stuttering mad and sounds like he going cry

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

bluefinger wrote: »
    I expected more from sideshow bob.
    That made my night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Flimbos

I'd pay to see what Morgan Kelly would have to say to him (i understand he doesn't do these shows though).

Would love to see Morgan Kelly up against this spindoctor, but you're right, he doesn't really do these type of things, he writes his articles and leaves it at that I think.

Alternatively, Constantin Gurdgiev would be good here.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it was general, I thought it was the by-election he meant but 99% sure he said general. Isn't the by-election sooner than a few months time ?
    no it's March

it's the other 3 seats which will be end of March - will be an election before that i reckon

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0929/breaking74.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"Schools that you'd be familiar with Vincent" :eek::eek:

Jaysus, what's he accusing Vincent of now??

VB is from Limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭AOwannabe

I think he meant Vincent would be familiar with them because he is from Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

spyderski wrote: »
    VB is from Limerick

Are you saying that being from Limerick is an insult in itself?biggrin.gif

It's Gas.

Because of the situation over the last two years, both VB and Pat Kenny's careers have being thrown a life-line.

no harm. great craic as far as VB is concerned. . for all his high octane emotion VB is still preferable to Pat 'I am a human, honest', Kenny.
    or worse, Kenny's decent into tabloid telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Conan on 3e.
    Not missing it tonight.
    Should be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Power is in danger of losing his seat next time round, I'm not sure tonight's programme helped that situation.

Power did say there'll be an election in "a few months". He's presuming the government won't make it past the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

dissapointed with that tonight. brian lucey or even the economist with the american accent from the unions would have had a few things to say to Power. Don't know where they've been hiding him, though i expect he'll be making a few more tv appearances after that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement