Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Yeah, dont know why Alison O'Connor got so much more time than Constantin though...

Was channel hopping so I didn't notice, but there is never, ever any good reason to give Alison O'Connor more airtime than Constantin Gurdgiev.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Garrett Fitzgerald muttering 'Oh, dear..' at the end; he's just another establishment 'lifer' that doesn't really understand how bad things are in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Luke "Ming" Flanagan elected FWIW.

....and he's taking a 50% cut in his TD salary and asking others to follow suit...good man Ming!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

ascanbe wrote: »
    Garrett Fitzgerald muttering 'Oh, dear..' at the end;

I dont want to be gratuitously mean about this but I think Garrett is not as "with it" as he used to be... He is 85 after all... but I'm not sure he should be on telly..

telekon wrote: »
    ....and he's taking a 50% cut in his TD salary and asking others to follow suit...good man Ming!! :)

Is he? That's great.... I really like his thinking.. I'd say there's a lot of people in Roscommon County Council scared now that he has a mandate and a legitimate platform to air his views...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I dont want to be gratuitously mean about this but I think Garrett is not as "with it" as he used to be... He is 85 after all... but I'm not sure he should be on telly..
    I disagree with that! He may be becoming frail but he is far more "with it" than many people less than half his age who have graced Vinnie's studio.
    I may not be a supporter of his party, but I do have great admiration for the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Garrett Fitzgerald muttering 'Oh, dear..' at the end; he's just another establishment 'lifer' that doesn't really understand how bad things are in this country.

The man was our Taoiseach during the 80's.

He knows how bad it was in this country, better than you do.

And I'm no FG'er.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Perhaps so. Didn't see the much of the programme tonight. The bit i saw of him and other times i've seen him recently if found him sharp as tack/incredibly lucid for his age; just didn't agree with what he said.

K-9 wrote: »
    The man was our Taoiseach during the 80's.

He knows how bad it was in this country, better than you do.

And I'm no FG'er.

Oh. So if someone was Taoiseach/has reached high political office, they always know better than those who disagree with them and the proles should know their place?
    Did our last two Taoisigh know better than everyone else, also?
    Perhaps he does know better than me and doesn't wish to publicly express it; i'm just going on what i've heard him say.
    Edit: And having read your post again, i didn't write that he didn't know how bad it 'was' in this country. I wrote he doesn't know how bad it is; if he does he certainly isn't reflecting that knowledge in his words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Donal Og O Baelach

I dont think that's fair.. he pushed Mansergh and Lenihan just as hard... And if she's prepared to stand under the FF banner, then she surely has to explain why she aligns herself with their policies..

I respect VB, but I felt the girl didn't deserve that. Sh e failed to get a seat and was obviously down, and depite the fact she was never in govt, VB pushed her hard to proclaim FF ruined the country?

He showed a basic lack of human compassion there tonight.

I think that is very important if you are to evaluate the character of a person.

• Advertisement

I respect VB, but I felt the girl didn't deserve that. Sh e failed to get a seat and was obviously down, and depite the fact she was never in govt, VB pushed her hard to proclaim FF ruined the country?

You call her a 'girl' as if she was standing for Fianna Fail as part of a Transition Year Project.

No-one forced her to go on the show, You can't expect new Fianna Fail candidates to be immune from criticism of the party's woeful record in government.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

He showed a basic lack of human compassion there tonight.

I think that is very important if you are to evaluate the character of a person.

Erm they did, and she obviously had no qualms joining them. Feck her.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Donal Og O Baelach

SkidMark wrote: »
    You call her a 'girl' as if she was standing for Fianna Fail as part of a Transition Year Project.
    Nonsensical comment.
    I call her a "girl" because she is a young female. I could call her a "Lady" or a "Woman".
    Why is it in any way relevant??

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Oh. So if someone was Taoiseach/has reached high political office, they always know better than those who disagree with them and the proles should know their place?
    Did our last two Taoisigh know better than everyone else, also?
    Perhaps he does know better than me and doesn't wish to publicly express it; i'm just going on what i've heard him say.
    Edit: And having read your post again, i didn't write that he didn't know how bad it 'was' in this country. I wrote he doesn't know how bad it is; if he does he certainly isn't reflecting that knowledge in his words.

That is exactly what I said and you arguing the opposite!

Nope.

I don't think you get my point. You either get it or you don't.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Perhaps so. Didn't see the much of the programme tonight. The bit i saw of him and other times i've seen him recently if found him sharp as tack/incredibly lucid for his age; just didn't agree with what he said.

Himself and Vinnie nearly made that Averil whatserface from Fianna Fail cry when they tried to get her to say that FF ruined the country.

Nonsensical comment.
    I call her a "girl" because she is a young female. I could call her a "Lady" or a "Woman".
    Why is it in any way relevant??

By using the term 'girl' you are clearing implying that she should be given special treatment as from Vincent as an inexperienced candidate.

Would you seriously refer to a young male candidate as 'the boy' ?

She was appointed Fianna Fail Spokesperson on Political Reform before the election. Michael Martin had big plans for Averil Power if she had been elected.

To paraphrase the late Seamus Brennan, she's playing senior camogie now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,982 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Poor Adverill got a taste of things to come, thought Garret and Vinny were a little over the top but it was interesting that awful indo journalist came to her defense "long day and all that sympathetic nonsense", i suspect Adverill is no shrinking violet particularly with the hubby advising her. Would have been interesting if her hubby was in the studio, a few slaps might have been thrown.

More importantly however "Aine Kerr" was looking hot yesterday afternoon. Where is she from, the accent is cool also!

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Anyone know who's on tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Dempo1 wrote: »

More importantly however "Aine Kerr" was looking hot yesterday afternoon. Where is she from, the accent is cool also!

Monaghan I think. Her husband is new Labour TD Aodhan O'Riordan.

Sideshow Justine, Thomas Pringle, Joan Collins, Gerard Colleran..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Lame Lantern

Oh good, I really like the Sideshow Bob episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Wow, what a scoop by Vincent, he's got Hollywood's Glenn Close on.

glenn-close.jpg

Bertie's nemesis Joan Collins.

Koloman wrote: »
    Bertie's nemesis Joan Collins.
    Yeah, hope he's watching.

She's on tele now, ain't she Bertie?

Koloman wrote: »
    Monaghan I think. Her husband is new Labour TD Aodhan O'Riordan.

A feck she is Married? awell! LOL:D

Just tuned in online, not sure if i am behind the live broadcast, I see that weapon Justine (time to moan) is a guest, God she is such a pain in the arse, like the editor guy from Kerry, can't recall is name!

"Joan, what do you hope to achieve?"

" I want to get on the tele, Vincent, and so far, so good. Bertie, are you watching?"

Is that Joan who almost gave Bertie the slap's outside the dail recently? god she cleaned up well:D

Justine is looking suspiciously "startled" about the eyes, I think.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    A feck she is Married? awell! LOL:D

Just tuned in online, not sure if i am behind the live broadcast, I see that weapon Justine (time to moan) is a guest, God she is such a pain in the arse, like the editor guy from Kerry, can't recall is name!

Ger Colleran of the Star.

Famous for these marvellous headlines!

[Embedded Image Removed]

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTe12B9aWCDLuqIgiqHcZ1BxUz1ChHbWOu7NnHShviNlY6XI_b9Eg

Who could disagree though.

• Advertisement

O **** Justine is off on the Gender bollox again, Justine its called democracy, there was ample women seeking election.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement