Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Peter Power, another waffling bullsh1tting solicitor FF mouth-piece. What an infuriating, mannerless individual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

He spent most of his time saying "now you had 2 minutes so I want 2 minutes, he had 3 minutes so I want 3 minutes.............."
    JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION YOU WAFFLING FF BASTARD !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 L_Bonn

Power can across as a bluffer to me. Dont know what great ability people see in him. Someone in FF doesnt like him I figure to put him in there tonight.
    I think when he kept asking vincent for his idea on bank guarantee was particularily poor as Vincent had quoted honahan report on alternative approach.
    Vincent was actually mad tonight. Good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

This moron Power is a truly phenomenal waffler - right up their with Lenihan it has to be said. I found tonight's show infuriating to watch. I really like Vinny but he is never properly prepared - and should have lots of quotes and facts in front of him like Paxman does to discredit this BS. It is so frustrating that a credible economist was not on tonight to truly put this FF gob****e in his place and lay out the facts of this situation - Paul Sommervile was on the wrong night. He would have blown a blood vessel had he encountered this delusional individual. Even David McWilliams would have shut him up. Shouting at him like Vinny does will just enable further waffle - what is needed is clear facts by people who truly know what they are talking about - many of them like McWilliams - had predicted so much of all of this several years ago and has time and time again been proven correct. It is people like him who should be running the economy - not these incompetent fools in FF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Peter Power perfectly embodies FF bollocksology. The same bollocksology that has resulted in the countrys sphincter getting ridden by the self same party.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

SB-08 wrote: »
    This moron Power is a truly phenomenal waffler - right up their with Lenihan it has to be said. I found tonight's show infuriating to watch. I really like Vinny but he is never properly prepared - and should have lots of quotes and facts in front of him like Paxman does to discredit this BS. It is so frustrating that a credible economist was not on tonight to truly put this FF gob****e in his place and lay out the facts of this situation - Paul Sommervile was on the wrong night. He would have blown a blood vessel had he encountered this delusional individual. Even David McWilliams would have shut him up. Shouting at him like Vinny does will just enable further waffle - what is needed is clear facts by people who truly know what they are talking about - many of them like McWilliams - had predicted so much of all of this several years ago and has time and time again been proven correct. It is people like him who should be running the economy - not these incompetent fools in FF.

I imagine it's not easy to entice the likes of David McWilliams into government, not least in times like these.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

They only good thing that could come from tonight is that FF will probably put Power on again and next time there will be someone capable of giving him a good hammering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Vb, as someone else said, never appears to be as prepared as he should be, I like the passion but shouting will only get you so far (ie, not very far at all)

As for the FFer shoved out tonight? This is what the FF rump (~20%) will point at as evidence that they are the ones to be trusted with governing Ireland.
    Even though the FFer bluffed and lied and didn't answer - the other two were very poor for such a night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I'm not a FF man but I feel the disappointment and anger is misdirected. You should all be angry with Brownes inept interviewing skills. Right from the outset, when he started ranting, raving and loosing the run of himself, he lost that debate. Power made hay and came out the better. It comes across as waffling because he was allowed to do so. If you can get around an interviewer thoroughly unprepared why wouldn't you, there's no need to answer questions you don't have to which was allowed to happen last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

What your going to see from FF over the next few weeks is a very impressive set of communicators. I remember the day that FF turn around the 2007 Election. Brian Cowen, Micheal Martin and Noel Dempsey gave the press conference of their lives in defense of Bertie Ahearn, it was amazing to see how they did it. Soon you see the inept FFers put to bed, you will hear very little from Conor Lehihan in fact I expect he will be the first Junior Minister to go. As for Peter Power he ran rings around Boucher Hayes on Drivetime yesterday as well.

Remember they aren't in discussion for a Bailout (not that it should be called that) but rather preparations are being laid just in case a Bailout is required and all of the Ministers who said there were no discussions all mention technical talks should a bailout be required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

True,FF will place their best communicators to the frontline;nevertheless they will lose the final battle,possible wipeout.However many FF TD's,County Councillor's,business buddies,auctioneers, accountants,solicitors etc have made their money during their boom and it is safely stowed.Of course this may apply to others of various political hues including FG's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

True,FF will place their best communicators to the frontline;nevertheless they will lose the final battle,possible wipeout.However many FF TD's,County Councillor's,business buddies,auctioneers, accountants,solicitors etc have made their money during their boom and it is safely stowed.Of course this may apply to others of various political hues including FG's.

They won't. They'll win more than the 31 seats FG got in their disastrous election of 2002. You read it here first. This country is populated with absolute morons. (watch O'Domhaill win in Donegal SW)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Elmo wrote: »
    What your going to see from FF over the next few weeks is a very impressive set of communicators. I remember the day that FF turn around the 2007 Election. Brian Cowen, Micheal Martin and Noel Dempsey gave the press conference of their lives in defense of Bertie Ahearn, it was amazing to see how they did it. Soon you see the inept FFers put to bed, you will hear very little from Conor Lehihan in fact I expect he will be the first Junior Minister to go. As for Peter Power he ran rings around Boucher Hayes on Drivetime yesterday as well.

Remember they aren't in discussion for a Bailout (not that it should be called that) but rather preparations are being laid just in case a Bailout is required and all of the Ministers who said there were no discussions all mention technical talks should a bailout be required.

Conor Lenihan is more likely to be a FF leader, after Dermot Ahern. Even more so than Dempsey. M Martin, or Killeen
    Conor Lenihan is one dude I wouldn't underestimate, not by a long shot.

ArtSmart wrote: »
    Conor Lenihan is more likely to be a FF leader, after Dermot Ahern. Even more so than Dempsey. M Martin, or Killeen
    Conor Lenihan is one dude I wouldn't underestimate, not by a long shot.

Conor Lenihan not his brother Brian. Conor Lenihan hasn't a clue. Trust me we are already seeing FF regroup in terms of communication. Mary Hanifin doing her bit, I am just waiting for Mary O'Rouke (she's genius IMO in terms of politics).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Elmo wrote: »
    Conor Lenihan.

I doubt if he or Barry Andrews would have ever gotten further than the position of tea boy in any properly run business.. They are where they are because of their respective dynasties.. ...

I doubt if he or Barry Andrews would have ever gotten further than the position of tea boy in any properly run business.. They are where they are because of their respective dynasties.. ...

I think Barry Andrews is a tiny tiny bit better than Conor. But the same can be Said for Mr. Desey etc over on the other side across the way well you know their soon to be coalition partners :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭AOwannabe

Jaysus Vincent, will you take off that tie!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

AOwannabe wrote: »
    Jaysus Vincent, will you take off that tie!

Must be doing it for a bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

why does it look like john bruton is making a crappy effort at movember? is there some dirt under his nose or something??

Why is this wan on giving out about the IMF.. The IMF are only sent in to save countries from absolute economic devastation, when they cant run the country for themselves...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Why is this wan on giving out about the IMF.. The IMF are only sent in to save countries from absolute economic devastation, when they cant run the country for themselves...

More to IMF than that, they did some horrible work in brazil ruined place
    very ruthless bunch and will turn country to be run by big profit businesses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Mr Tim Buktoo

I wondered about that 14billion figure that the gob****es were telling us about!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That tie is awesome.

I keep thinking that Constantin is saying fellatio.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

It's in the UK papers the IMF are pushing for increases in corporate tax rate in a bail out deal. Did Vincent mention it?

baldbear wrote: »
    It's in the UK papers the IMF are pushing for increases in corporate tax rate in a bail out deal. Did Vincent mention it?

At the start of the show I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Constantin looks pissed off.
    Not a good sign.

Sounded like Bruton was an apologist for FF there ...
    lol.. here we go.. love constantine..

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

baldbear wrote: »

I thought that the IMF gave instruction on what cuts are needed but doesn't involve itself in actual policy? I thought only the EU would be pushing for the increase

Constantin is awesome. In for the kill already. I'm getting a tad moist. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

damn cant watch it FG is on e3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement