Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

OPENROAD wrote: »
    People loved Eamon Ryan on here back in 2007 ;)

They did? :eek: Never liked him at all but I find Mick quite likeable. Doesn't mean he'll be any good as a politician of course but I hope it works out well.
    Skidmark wrote:
    The magic has gone out of this show since the election.

It was pretty magical when Bill Tormey was on the other night! That's what they need I think. More people who will clash. Lately the panels seem to be quite similar.

Glad to see Vincent tackling the Seanad problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Fitzerb

here we go again another thread that turns into a SF bashing session

Well deserved and LONG overdue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

She is a solicitor running for the senate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The one in white is a pain in the ars*.. and it's a disgrace that Bacik and Norris are both trying to keep up their 70k a year jobs, when they know that people dont want the Seanad..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Linda O Shea Fallon?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Sardonicat wrote: »
    ArtSmart isn't dart smart.:D

I'll get my coat...
    finally. Indian ok? (by the way, i'm easy after two glasses of wine)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

ArtSmart wrote: »
    finally. Indian ok? (by the way, i'm easy after two glasses of wine)

Fine, but i'm leaving my coat on. Don't want you getting distracted on this chilly night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Koloman wrote: »
    Wasn't that woman in white (whose name escapes me)
    Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Who is Mrs. Marx second in on the right?
    you r woman in the white anybody???

Why do I bother?:rolleyes:
    SkidMark wrote: »
    Tonight, can Fine Gael form a Government with support from independents?
    Guests are Mick Wallace, Clare Daly, Pádraig MacLochlainn and Linda O' Shea Farren

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Fine, but i'm leaving my coat on. Don't want you getting distracted on this chilly night.
    kinky.

em, do you were high boots? and 'dart' blouses?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ah it was just getting good there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

They did? :eek: Never liked him

Remember he was on the Late Late show, people were falling over themselves to praise him, if memory serves me correct even a love in thread started in AH :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

We should send Mick, Constantin and Vincent over to renegotiate with Merkel. Give them a big bus and have them drive across Europe. They'll either come back with a better deal or a bloody great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

Get. Over. It.

is that what the thread is about??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Why do I bother?:rolleyes:

Well she is very forgettable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I think it was somewhat of a cheap shot by vincent to attack daly for suggesting Labour want to go into govt because most of the front bench won't be running again, its been widely suggested in the press and vincent would make the exact same suggestion in another situation. I wish he would be even just a little more consistent in his questions/policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭liogairmhordain

The one in white is a pain in the ars*.. and it's a disgrace that Bacik and Norris are both trying to keep up their 70k a year jobs, when they know that people dont want the Seanad..

Linda Farren O Shea ran for the Seanad the last three times - http://electionsireland.org/candidate.cfm?id=4421

I think it was somewhat of a cheap shot by vincent to attack daly for suggesting Labour want to go into govt because most of the front bench won't be running again, its been widely suggested in the press and vincent would make the exact same suggestion in another situation. I wish he would be even just a little more consistent in his questions/policies.
    em, can you clarify that paragraph a bit? or maybe i'm too tired to figure it out>

ArtSmart wrote: »
    em, can you clarify that paragraph a bit? or maybe i'm too tired to figure it out>

Daly says that the labour front bench are primarily or strongly motivated to gain power at any cost before they retire.

Vincent says that is a shocking thing to say, even though its been widely suggested in the press and vincent would say it himself if he wanted to annoy a labour member or thought it was even a small factor in these negotiations (which I'd almost guarantee he does).

Can't do any better than that sorry.

Daly says that the labour front bench are primarily or strongly motivated to gain power at any cost before they retire.

Vincent says that is a shocking thing to say, even though its been widely suggested in the press and vincent would say it himself if he wanted to annoy a labour member or thought it was even a small factor in these negotiations (which I'd almost guarantee he does).

understand now. tnx.

em, I think Vinny really likes labour's front bench - they've been on his show enough times. so i'd say his reaction is real.

sure he gets digs in at everyone - with gusto, but his digs are usually spot on and politically sharp. i dont think he sees labour FB as cynical, so i think he's being consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I get your point, but if he agreed with her, he'd be seen as attacking Labour.

Tbh, it is obvious Browne is left leaning.

He's asking questions of Daly, not of himself!

He has to ask hard questions otherwise the thread would be wondering why not!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

the only think which surprised me - mildly - was the opening nonsense about FG possibly NOT forming a coalition with Labour.

FG may want control, but they're not suicidal .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Oh_Noes wrote: »

Quote:
    Originally Posted by artful_codger
    Those ira scumbags gave two fingers to the views of 99% of irish people for 30 years

Quote:
    Originally Posted by artful_codger
    Get. Over. It.

Off topic perhaps, but the detective in the Hazel Stewart, case at Coleraine Crown Court today offered the fact that they were dealing with 141 sectarian murders during 1991 as a possible reason why they missed the boat that May when investigating the original case.

Yes, 141. Yes 1991.

K-9 wrote: »
    I get your point, but if he agreed with her, he'd be seen as attacking Labour.

Tbh, it is obvious Browne is left leaning.

He's asking questions of Daly, not of himself!

He has to ask hard questions otherwise the thread would be wondering why not!

Well he appears left leaning, but he wanted to run for Fine Gael. I would think he would be to the left in that organisation if he still wanted to be in politics, but no more left than that.

I agree for the most part with what you and artsmart are saying but there are still lingering doubts in my head how anyone could not imagine that many in the labour front bench see this as their last chance for minister positions.

Perhaps they do see it in more positive terms, that this is their chance to turn things around for the country, but rushing into power with a Fg party which has made a significant shift to the right in the past 10 (or even 2) years is shortsighted of them and leads others to question how important government posts at any cost is to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Well he appears left leaning, but he wanted to run for Fine Gael. I would think he would be to the left in that organisation if he still wanted to be in politics, but no more left than that.

I agree for the most part with what you and artsmart are saying but there are still lingering doubts in my head how anyone could not imagine that many in the labour front bench see this as their last chance for minister positions.

Perhaps they do see it in more positive terms, that this is their chance to turn things around for the country, but rushing into power with a Fg party which has made a significant shift to the right in the past 10 (or even 2) years is shortsighted of them and leads others to question how important government posts at any cost is to them.

I've said they could do the State some service by being the main opposition party now.

Tbh, I think Labour will get targeted no matter what they do!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    I've said they could do the State some service by being the main opposition party now.

Tbh, I think Labour will get targeted no matter what they do!

I agree they should be in opposition, even more so now merkel is saying the bailout is non-negotiable.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

tbh, I'm surprised that it's even up for discussion. I assumed that it was the general consensus that it was the last chance saloon for many of the big guns to get their shot at the top. It was discussed an awful lot during the run up to the GE.

I see Vincent has a new regular show on Friday Nights on TV3, the 'light hearted' election specials must have been considered a success

Friday 11.30pm (ends 12.30am) Friday Late with Vincent Browne

New Series - The Presenter reviews the week's news

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I see Vincent has a new regular show on Friday Nights on TV3, the 'light hearted' election specials must have been considered a success
    Hey Skid, Is it pre-recorded? :D:D

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Hey Skid, Is it pre-recorded? :D:D

Ha!

Erm, Not sure to be honest - I'd guess it's recorded - all the other Friday night shows were.

so, it's recorded! (maybe :))

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Linda Farren O Shea and Fiona O'Malley were on the radio earlier today talking about why they want to be in the Senate... Same with Norris and Bacik... These privileged people, who aspire to being career politicians, are lining up for 70k, 2 day a week jobs is sickening.. And Cowen appointing one of his FF buddies Dara O'Brien to the Senate is also sickening... Nothing has changed..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement