Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Would like to use my vote for the senate to make a 'statement' but considering the people on the ballot want to get in, there's no one to vote for is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Would like to use my vote for the senate to make a 'statement' but considering the people on the ballot want to get in, there's no one to vote for is there?
    Why do the graduates of the NUI colleges get a Senate vote anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

SkidMark wrote: »
    I see Vincent has a new regular show on Friday Nights on TV3, the 'light hearted' election specials must have been considered a success

TV3 should go head to head with Tubs, put it on at 10, Vinny would win hands down every time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Poly wrote: »
    TV3 should go head to head with Tubs, put it on at 10, Vinny would win hands down every time

I dont think so Poly, LLS has an audience that wont budge, not even with Tubridy in charge... They are guaranteed an audience after it though... Something to watch while boozing though....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

... Something to watch while boozing though....
    That's the problem, a 5am start, a bucketfull of beer trying to keep up with the LLS thread, I'm usually passed out by 11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Linda Farren O Shea and Fiona O'Malley were on the radio earlier today talking about why they want to be in the Senate... Same with Norris and Bacik... These privileged people, who aspire to being career politicians, are lining up for 70k, 2 day a week jobs is sickening.. And Cowen appointing one of his FF buddies Dara O'Brien to the Senate is also sickening... Nothing has changed..

Reform will only happen when.

The number of Minister are reduced to at most 10.
    Expenses are taken away from all Members of the Oireachtas.
    The pay given to all Ministers are reduce to that of TDs
    TDs see a significant reduction in their wages (60,000 I am being generous)
    Senators are given only 20,000 (which is more than enough) for their positions

Prime Time were discussing those bank bonuses that were "mistakenly" given by Bank Of Ireland, and the report in to the Department Of Finance.... I guess Vinny will be discussing the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Right what is the point of this, why introduce Tonight with Vincent Browne and then go into a commercial break, blast the flippin commercials just go into the bloody programme, its already late.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Jill Kirby... oh dear god..

That Sarah wan looks good though..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

No Constanin or any of his crew? Damn!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Should be a quiet show tonight. No politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

No Constanin or any of his crew? Damn!

Maybe he's at the vet with his cat. It looked a bit stiff last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Bland panel for another bland show. Hopefully Lab and FG hurry up and form a Govt so we can get some of the big names back on. This is just depressingly bad.:rolleyes:

DeepBlue wrote: »

Not entirely sure, might be to balance out the token unionist vote that TCD was in 1937, might have been a token attempt at establishing a second house to give a veneer of a republic to the state. DeV was a mad bastard really.

DeepBlue wrote: »

Academic snobbery!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Tony Quinn graduate, is she?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭jaffa20

She brings up the oil crisis and Vincent changes the subject:confused: It's an important issue...

We understand what you are talking about Vinny, ffs.. I told you so on the fkn TWITTER MACHINE.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

The economy is still not cost competitive enough imo

I'd say this one Susan is a supermodel in Offaly is she..

• Advertisement

Jebus, his graphics arw woeful. It's like Buntús time: "Tá Vincent isteach sa stúdio..."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Not entirely sure, might be to balance out the token unionist vote that TCD was in 1937, might have been a token attempt at establishing a second house to give a veneer of a republic to the state. DeV was a mad bastard really.

yer wan on newstalk gave a half arsed explanation of how it's meant to work. there's 7 vocational groups or so in the seanad. labour, arts & culture and the like. the members of the seanad are elected by people who are in these vocations, which are third level grads, members of unions, councillors. excuse me if i'm rehashing her crappy explanation in a really bad way!

as the presenter on newstalk said, it's like a bunch of lion tamers calling for a lion tamer to be a member of parliament.

Carswell reminds me of the late Jonathan Philbin Bowman!

jaffa20 wrote: »
    She brings up the oil crisis and Vincent changes the subject:confused: It's an important issue...

There's probably a loose schedule that he has to keep to at the same time...

Ah yes. Now there's a blast from the past. What was the name of that early evening charades show he was always on? Isn't his brother now involved in the media in some way, also?

Sorry! gone way off topic here!

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Ah yes. Now there's a blast from the past. What was the name of that early evening charades show he was always on? Isn't his brother now involved in the media in some way, also?

'Dodge the Question' - was on at 6.30 after news!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Surely more like Eoin McLove?...

[Embedded Image Removed]

Ah yes. Now there's a blast from the past. What was the name of that early evening charades show he was always on? Isn't his brother now involved in the media in some way, also?!

He's a comedian.... http://www.abielaughs.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

abie. he's a comedian, and quite funny actually!

• Advertisement

'Dodge the Question' - was on at 6.30 after news!

No, not that one.

This was on in the early 90s. It was basically charades. He was a team member on it frequently along with twink and other irish celebs.:rolleyes: simpler, far less sophisticated times.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement