Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

who's on tonight?

caught the ming one on tv3 player. good show.

edit. just seen them.

em.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Koloman wrote: »
    Leo Varadkar, Joe Costello, Gemma Hussey & Barry Desmond are on tonight.

Coalition love in?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Koloman wrote: »
    Leo Varadkar, Joe Costello, Gemma Hussey & Barry Desmond are on tonight.

She was minister for education back in the 80s when we got the funding for our new secondary school. The science teachers named the anatomical dummy after her. Wonder if the biology students are still asked to fetch Gemma from the press?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Interesting that both Gemma and Leo have had their problems with Enda Kenny.

I hope The Baroness doesn't get social welfare....oops, I'm mean social "protection". Amazing what you can glean about ideoligies from a department name change.

• Advertisement

Sardonicat wrote: »
    She was minister for education back in the 80s when we got the funding for our new secondary school. The science teachers named the anatomical dummy after her. Wonder if the biology students are still asked to fetch Gemma from the press?
    I wonder will the biology teacher's be asking the students to get the 'Ming' outta the press.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

The baldy chap can waffle. Not expecting much excitement tonight since there appears to be no opposition representation, and vinnie is having a trip down nostalgia lane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Oh I heard this guy Barry Desmond on the radio the other day.. he's ex public service, Dept. Of Finance I think... He said a lot of hard hitting things about that report last week.

I hope The Baroness doesn't get social welfare....oops, I'm mean social "protection". Amazing what you can glean about ideoligies from a department name change.
    if the Baroness is Vlad, no. He'll get a junior ministry , prob in health. of course they're really supposed to get rid o all that nonsense. (junior mins (min of sate)

Oh I heard this guy Barry Desmond on the radio the other day.. he's ex public service, Dept. Of Finance I think... He said a lot of hard hitting things about that report last week.

and still as pompous as ever!

• Advertisement

ArtSmart wrote: »
    I wonder will the biology teacher's be asking the students to get the 'Ming' outta the press.

:D
    "You know girls, when I first started teaching here we had to use Geraniums for this experiment, but when Ming became minister all that changed....stop giggling uncontrollably down the back! Anyone else really hungry all of a sudden?"

What have they done to the aussie Hardly Normal man?

Gemma Hussey is bloody right.. If Enda Kenny starts that sh1te with giving Ministries based on geographic locations .. he cant fuk right off again...

I voted FG so that they would bring in the necessary changes to the public services and he handed that to Labour/Jack O'Connor... I'm FURIOUS about that... Labour were bottom of my list (well besides FF obviously)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

What have they done to the aussie Hardly Normal man?

March Madness! My mate has Hardly Normal Man as his work ringtone.

ah Vlad, you knew well.

I voted FG so that they would bring in the necessary changes to the public services and he handed that to Labour/Jack O'Connor... I'm FURIOUS about that... Labour were bottom of my list (well besides FF obviously)
    well always give the dirty work to the underlings. :D

so, Jack finally got elected huh? some boyo and him not even running.

thought you might at least wait til they formed a govt Johnny.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

ah Vlad, you knew well.

" Leo would you be disappointed if you don't get a place in the cabinet"

Loved the long pause thought his head was going to blow.

thought you might at least wait til they formed a govt Johnny.....

well I think it's pretty obvious at this stage that finance is being split in two, what was being muted today was more than just kite flying... A new Ministry For Public Reform will be given to Labour.... I mean what sort of change do they expect to be implement by the party that most opposes ANY changes in public service..

Given FG and Labour should be opposites in theory, depressing here to see how at ease they are in each other's company.

Shane Ross will be right - more jobs for the boys/girls mentality and expect little else!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

I may be the only one on here who can remember his soubriquet in the time of his pomp?

It was got from the characters in an ad for Lemsip, I seem to recall.

Shane Ross will be right - more jobs for the boys/girls mentality and expect little else!

"The king is dead, long live the King", comes to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Gemma Hussey is bloody right.. If Enda Kenny starts that sh1te with giving Ministries based on geographic locations .. he cant fuk right off again...

So you put SF ahead of Lab and FF?

well I think it's pretty obvious at this stage that finance is being split in two, what was being muted today was more than just kite flying... A new Ministry For Public Reform will be given to Labour.... I mean what sort of change do they expect to be implement by the party that most opposes ANY changes in public service..
    there's change and there's change Johnny.

one is IBEC driven, the other Union driven.

Unions are not dictatorships - they are accountable to their members.

my experience of public servants is overall good.

they want change, they see the waste etc, but what public servants dont want is to be impoverished for the sake of IBEC profits.

and imo, reducing the spending power of thousands of Irish people, will result in greater losses for IBEC members.

anyway, that's a nudder topic.

Noonan to target the top ranks of the civil service sounds encouraging if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

"Shooting rampahge" :D sounds like Vincent has been getting elocution lessons.

The fuzzy felt is faulty again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Do you really think that FG will give them that? After the honeymoon, and when the dust settles, and more bad news comes our way "Croke park" can not escape a shave or two if not thrown out completely.

So you put SF ahead of Lab and FF?

I did.. the lad looked like he was just out of prison, but he was certainly the sort of chap I would want going to re-"negotiate" our bailout deal in Europe..

My whole voting system was putting the one I disliked the least at the top, as opposed to me having a favourite party/politician.. FG and Heydon were the best on offer that day..

• Advertisement

bit of a love in tonight all right.

is Vinny exaggerating his eye thing at the end there, akin to Mario's take?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement