Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

I wonder if Ivan Yates is getting a ministers pension? Its ****ing sickening knowing that there are so many people going through long drawn out, painful, horrendous bankruptcy hearings, and to see this gobsheen yakking away without a care in the world.

He is.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/yates-earns-euro49000-in-td-and-ministerial-pensions-2483955.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

I wonder if Ivan Yates is getting a ministers pension? Its ****ing sickening knowing that there are so many people going through long drawn out, painful, horrendous bankruptcy hearings, and to see this gobsheen yakking away without a care in the world.
    except the dissolution of his business of course...

not that i've any sympathy seeing a bookie's go under.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Skid, Where has your green light gone :eek: ?

I'm gone commando, MrsD.

I had a run through the Control Panel and there is an option to hide your online status.

I clicked it, just to see what happens.

Result: not much really, but it fecks with your green light something fierce!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Skid, Where has your green light gone :eek: ?

Stand back everyone..

ii_defibrillator.gif

SkidMark wrote: »
    I'm gone commando, MrsD.

I had a run through the Control Panel and there is an option to hide your online status.

Who you hiding from?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

ArtSmart wrote: »
    except the dissolution of his business of course...

not that i've any sympathy seeing a bookie's go under.

Yea but between the ministers pension, his newstalk wage and his dinner party payments he'll barely notice that, if anything it was probably just a distraction for him that turned sour.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Mr Cawley

I did think Kenny's performance on election night, when he walked the walk into the studio, live, and most shockingly, talked the talk too.

Not sure the other leaders will think of hm though...

I'm enjoying Vinnie's memory lane!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I'm gone commando, MrsD.

Ah Jaysus you shouldn't be saying things like that to me .......................................... I'm getting all excited..................... Go on, turn on your GREEN light ........

Stand back everyone..

ii_defibrillator.gif

Jaysus, that's powerful stuff, I'm back in the room.

I was having this lovely dream about me and Cassie, could you not have waited another two minutes Jonny?

Mr Cawley wrote: »
    I did think Kenny's performance on election night, when he walked the walk into the studio, live, and most shockingly, talked the talk too.

Yea but why does he have to keep going on about pencil revolutions and honesty in government and making a covenant with the people? I just wish he'd shut up and get on with the job.

• Advertisement

Yea but between the ministers pension, his newstalk wage and his dinner party payments he'll barely notice that, if anything it was probably just a distraction for him that turned sour.
    for sure. as i say, no sympathy here.

Mr Cawley wrote: »

I dont know how he got away with the "Paddy likes to know what the story is" line.. If he had said that pre-election he would have been ridiculed from all angles.. When he became leader they seemed less inclined to be critical.

Yipee.................................................................................................................................................the GREEN LIGHT IS NOW ON... TIME TO RING JOE DUFFY :)

Jaysus, that's powerful stuff, I'm back in the room.

I was having this lovely dream about me and Cassie, could you not have waited another two minutes Jonny?
    so that's a total of four minutes.

bragging now, is it?

for sure. as i say, no sympathy here.
    Why are ye so hard on him, he did employ a lot of people?????

oh btw people... Joan Burton is gonna be interviewed by Charlie Bird tomorrow... (he's covering for Marian, who's off buying a new yacht)... 11am tomorrow.. should be interesting to see what spin she puts on her disappointment... Really hoping Charlie will ask her if she thinks her performance on the VB show affected her chances of getting a higher ranker portfolio..

I dont know how he got away with the "Paddy likes to know what the story is" line.. If he had said that pre-election he would have been ridiculed from all angles.. When he became leader they seemed less inclined to be critical.
    Johnny - 'Paddy' is his pet name for his wife FFS.

so that's a total of four minutes.

bragging now, is it?

2 1/2 minutes at my best, would have used the other 1 1/2 to ask her about the new ipad and android and things like that, 'cos she's all into the techie inventions.

I'm sensitive like that :)

not really a fan of people making money from gamblers.
    I remember Vinny asked him bout it and he said there were warnings posted inside the shops bout the dangers of gambling.

i nearly choked on me hob nob when he said that.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Mr Cawley

• Advertisement

I remember Vinny asked him bout it and he said there were warnings posted inside the shops bout the dangers of gambling.

i nearly choked on me hob nob when he said that.
    Fair enough, I see where you are coming from. A neighbour of mine was a compulsive gambler. He lost his business, houses, cars and most importantly his family. It is the worst of addictions.

oh btw people... Joan Burton is gonna be interviewed by Charlie Bird tomorrow... (he's covering for Marian, who's off buying a new yacht)... 11am tomorrow.. should be interesting to see what spin she puts on her disappointment... Really hoping Charlie will ask her if she thinks her performance on the VB show affected her chances of getting a higher ranker portfolio..
    Thing is the finance portfolio was always going to FG - obviously.(being the majority party) Joan and Labour knew this from the beginning.

so the so called other finance role is not finance - it is a job cutting role - and Joan would never have wanted that job.

I think the media doesn't seem to understand this at all.

The real story - as Ivan pointed out, was the exclusion of Roisin Shortall - who'll prob get something in the reshuffle down the road.

2 1/2 minutes at my best, would have used the other 1 1/2 to ask her about the new ipad and android and things like that, 'cos she's all into the techie inventions.

I'm sensitive like that :)
    What about the dead air????

Thing is the finance portfolio was always going to FG - obviously.(being the majority party) Joan and Labour knew this from the beginning.

so the so called other finance role is not finance - it is a job cutting role - and Joan would never have wanted that job.

I think the media doesn't seem to understand this at all.

The real story - as Ivan pointed out, was the exclusion of Roisin Shortall - who'll prob get something in the reshuffle down the road.
    Will Eamon Gilmore suffer for not appointing Roisin and Joan to more senior positions?

Will Eamon Gilmore suffer for not appointing Roisin and Joan to more senior positions?
    no.

Labour did extremely well out of the cabinet arrangement - any lab person with intelligence knows this and the chosen team are well regarded by BBers and very capable.

naw, there'll be no probs from significant Back Benchers.
    so baring a tsunami type event, they'll easily do the five years and prob ten.

Personally I'm not trying to be hard on him I just think its fairly sickening to know that there are tens of thousands of people going through bankruptcy charges atm, living on the breadline, while he's living it up with ministerial pensions, newstalk wages and speaking at dinner events.

no.

Labour did extremely well out of the cabinet arrangement - any lab person with intelligence knows this and the chosen team are well regarded by BBers and very capable.

naw, there'll be no probs from significant Back Benchers.
    so baring a tsunami type event, they'll easily do the five years and prob ten.
    You can see from Joan Burton's body language in the cabient photograph that she is not happy but for anyone who has ever worked in the corporate world, they willl know that good people are often over looked and it is a case of grin and bear it.....

Ye.. I heard that guy from Boyle Sports on Liveline before... He's a protegé of Tony Quinn, and they were making him out to be a huge success... I'm not sure I would want to get rich on the money that some lads is spending in your shop instead of paying his mortgage, feeding his kids, etc etc..

I agree that she was never gonna singularly get the Finance portfolio.. but she must be pissed off that she (as deputy leader of Labour AND Finance Spokesperson for the party) was not given the Public Reform portfolio.. Reportedly, she heard saying "WHAAAATTT?" from OUTSIDE the room where they were discussing Cabinet positions in Leinster House... But we will find our her side in 10 hours anyway..

Ye.. II agree that she was never gonna singularly get the Finance portfolio.. but she must be pissed off that she (as deputy leader of Labour AND Finance Spokesperson for the party) was not given the Public Reform portfolio.. Reportedly, she heard saying "WHAAAATTT?" from OUTSIDE the room where they were discussing Cabinet positions in Leinster House... But we will find our her side in 10 hours anyway..
    With Charlie interviewing her, i doubt it...

• Advertisement

You can see from Joan Burton's body language in the cabinent photograph that she is not happy but for anyone has ever worked in corporate world, they willl know that good people are often over looked and it is a case of grin and bear it.....
    if you're refering to the photo that was in the independent - that was one of the worse group photos i have ever seen - prob the worst.

what was happening there was a lot of other stuff - no one was ready for that photo - it was shockingly badly timed.

anyway, as i said lab were never gonna get finance - the other 'finance' position is not finance. so Joan lost nothing. she may have wanted edu but rory did his time - more than joan.

anyway, i foresee a fairly smooth 5 years ahead for the govt - relatively speaking...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement