Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Ye.. I heard that guy from Boyle Sports on Liveline before... He's a protegé of Tony Quinn, and they were making him out to be a huge success... I'm not sure I would want to get rich on the money that some lads is spending in your shop instead of paying his mortgage, feeding his kids, etc etc..

I agree that she was never gonna singularly get the Finance portfolio.. but she must be pissed off that she (as deputy leader of Labour AND Finance Spokesperson for the party) was not given the Public Reform portfolio.. Reportedly, she heard saying "WHAAAATTT?" from OUTSIDE the room where they were discussing Cabinet positions in Leinster House... But we will find our her side in 10 hours anyway..

that was because Eamon had just told her Vinny had just rang to ask her back on the show.

ps you can bet your house (in Celtic bookmakers) that Joan will not speak against Happy or anything like it. Besides, why would she want a 'pretend' portfolio with a narrow remit? as i say i think ivan is right when he mentioned edu, but anyway she aint gonna say nuthin bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

ArtSmart wrote: »
    if you're refering to the photo that was in the independent - that was one of the worse group photos i have ever seen - prob the worst.

what was happening there was a lot of other stuff - no one was ready for that photo - it was shockingly badly timed.

anyway, as i said lab were never gonna get finance - the other 'finance' position is not finance. so Joan lost nothing. she may have wanted edu but rory did his time - more than joan.

anyway, i foresee a fairly smooth 5 years ahead for the govt - relatively speaking...
    I know that this sounds very simplistic but I reckon that Michael Noonan thought he would get on better with Brendan Howlin and that's why she lost out. I think that Labour & FG will have 5 years max.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

MrsD007 wrote: »
    What about the dead air????

No time for dead air, MrsD, it's 2011 and things are moving quickly.

Especially since Enda got in, you can smell the energy,!

Hey, Artsmart, I nearly forgot to tackle you on your LLS ageist comment. Exactly how old you do you think I am?

I know that this sounds very simplistic but I reckon that Michael Noonan thought he would get on better with Brendan Howlin and that's why she lost out. I think that Labour & FG will have 5 years max.
    well i think they worked together before. though i doubt noonan has a prob with joan - though u never know.

they'll lose 20 -25 seats in next election but that bout it. i would imagine they'd prefer to reform rather than the alternatives - (cant see Eamon getting top job with FF minority), so yeah - ten years i reckon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Thing is the finance portfolio was always going to FG - obviously.(being the majority party) Joan and Labour knew this from the beginning.

Didn't Quinn have Finance last time Labour were in power as a minority partner? I think it was a deal breaker that labour had to have some position in finance and this double office was the compromise they came up with, the surprise was that it wasn't joan burton or rabbitte who got the position.

Didn't Quinn have Finance last time Labour were in power as a minority partner? I think it was a deal breaker that labour had to have some position in finance and this double office was the compromise they came up with, the surprise was that it wasn't joan burton or rabbitte who got the position.
    yes, but FG had not the same seat nums as now and it was a rainbow jobby - and lab got less significant cabs seats as a consequence.

as for the rabbitte / joan thingy - naw, Howlin has a possible poison chalice in front of him - joan and pat arent fools.

Yeah, you're right, Quinn was Minister for Finance and left the finances in surplus and then FF blew it.... the double office was meant to be a compromise.

yes, but FG had not the same seat nums as now and it was a rainbow jobby - and lab got less and less significant cabs seats as a consequence.

as for the rabbitte / joan thingy - naw, Howlin has a possible poison chalice in front of him - joan and pat arent fools.

I don't know I think joan has the real poisoned chalice, I think howlin may have been picked as a neutral third party and as a reward for the negotiations.

I don't know I think joan has the real poisoned chalice, I think howlin may have been picked as a neutral third party and as a reward for the negotiations.
    possibly. but at least Hanafin (remember her? - the cow) or O'cuiv arent near it. phew.

if fact that fuk FF are dead and buried for quite a while

• Advertisement

Yeah, you're right, Quinn was Minister for Finance and left the finances in surplus and then FF blew it.... the double office was meant to be a compromise.
    wiki states

wrote:
    During Quinn's tenure as Minister for Finance, the overall tax burden in Ireland (the ratio of tax revenue, including pay related social insurance levies, to gross national product) fell from 38.7% to 34.8%, of by 1.3 percentage points each year. He achieved this by limiting current government spending to grow by 6.8% in nominal terms or 4.8% in real terms, against a backdrop of improving economic fortunes, due to increasing investment in technology intensive sectors of the Irish economy.
    Under Quinn, the General Government Balance went from a deficit of 2.1% in 1995 to a surplus of 1.1% in 1997. The General Government Debt went from 81% of GNP in 1995 to 63.6% in 1997. The year before Quinn became an economic Minister in 1993, Irish economic growth was 2.5% (1992). In 1993 GNP growth was 3%; in 1994, 6.5%; in 1995, 8%; in 1996, 7.8%; and finally in 1997, 10.3%. The unemployment rate fell from 1993 to 1997 as follows: 15.7% in 1993; 14.7% in 1994; 12.2% in 1995; 11.9% in 1996; and finally, 10.3% in 1997.

not too shabby. - of course FF fuked all that hard work up pretty sharpish

anyway bedtime for me. nite all

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Vinnie is on Sam Smyth's Today FM show now complaining about Joan being shafted. He is very annoyed about poor Joan.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Who do we have on tonight lads?

Couldn't find anything about it online yet but I'm willing to bet they will pretend to care about japan for a while before talking about the economy...damn it vincent said it just as I was typing!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

FFS!

Lenihan v Cowen? No-one cares anymore.

Aíne Kerr..... :)
    Siobhain O'Donoghue ..... aaaarrrggghhhhh.. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Vinnie should read some of the interview to give us an idea what the article is about.. at least give us a few quotes..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Hurry someone give her a hair clip.

Darth Vader rang, Siobhan.. he wants his clothes back..

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Hurry someone give her a hair clip.
    I'm guessing she is trying to hide an eyebrow crisis with that comb over. Whoever weilds the tweezers in the make-up department is lethal.

Fecking ads already!:mad:

i'm begining to tire of the VB show.

HSE pay 1.1 billion in overtime. WTF.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

TV3 had an Ambi Pur commercial on just before this show advertising its new Japanese Fragance or was I seening things!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Is that guy wearing lipstick?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    HSE pay 1.1 billion in overtime. WTF.

The sooner "Bottler" abolishes it the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

How come Vinnie has a science expert on tonight? He avoided it before, where the Clowns from Duffys Circus double booked?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Sam Smyth looks like he vomited on his shirt. That tie is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Nuclear-Homer-Simpson.png

Interesting comparison to us taking electricity created by Nuclear power from the UK and us importing our women to have abortions there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Did the one who isn't Aine Kerr just say "There's another, bigger earthquake going to hit Tokyo in the next few days?" :eek:

Is there a shred of science behind this claim?

Blah de blah de blah

making an issue out of something that hasnt happened yet.

i see what you mean jonan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Good holy jesus the ignorance coming out of the dominatrixes mouth aobut nuclear energy is appalling sensationalism

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement