Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Jaysus, Mr FGer, ANSWER THE BLOODY QUESTION.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Browne has been fantastic tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Put up with O'Donnell's ****e for a little longer than he should have but doing quite well. Love how he hands out the papers interrupting people and throwing them around...

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

I'm seriously getting bored of hearing all of this for the tenth billionth time. Vinnie should always have Constantin in for these type of shows to give some expertise and to stop the waffle.

I love how Joe always looks like he is about to vomit in disgust when others are speaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Pauleta wrote: »
    Browne has been fantastic tonight.

He's shooting fish in a barrel with O'Donnell.. You think that the FG guys would have thought up something ffs... It's pretty obvious that they needed to keep the number of Junior Ministers so that enough of the TWO front benches would get at least a Ministry Of State.... But it would be see as old style politics if they admitted to that.. i.e. jobs for the boys, not because the jobs are necessary..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

"Ordinary people will move towards opposition and we on the left shall facilitate that".

Joe is rubbing his hands together with glee at the prospect of the plebs coming to an awareness of class consciousness.

Personally, I think we are going to become increasingly socially fragmented.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Sardonicat wrote: »
    You mean the unashamed bogger accent?

Yeah with other stuff.
    Evasiveness
    Obtuseness
    Arrogance
    Complacency
    Myopia
    etc etc

Some of it could just be an irish government thing.

SB-08 wrote: »
    I love how Joe always looks like he is about to vomit in disgust when others are speaking.

Yeah! He does contempt and disdain very well. I'm sure he practices in front of the mirror.

Yeah with other stuff.
    Evasiveness
    Obtuseness
    Arrogance
    Complacency
    Myopia
    etc etc

Some of it could just be an irish government thing.

Now you're talking.

Yeah! He does contempt and disdain very well. I'm sure he practices in front of the mirror.

learned it in the seminary no doubt.

• Advertisement

learned it in the seminary no doubt.
    Nah-uh. It's a Kerry thing. We're good at that kind of thing down here. I can bring tears to grown men's eyes with just a filthy look.*

*could also be due to my being hideously ugly

I dunno, it is getting fairly repetitive alright.
    None of them seem to have a clue tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Nah-uh. It's a Kerry thing. We're good at that kind of thing down here. I can bring tears to grown men's eyes with just a filthy look.*

*could also be due to my being hideously ugly

Can you carry a cow on your shoulders?

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Lame Lantern

Oh dear, FG-man. In the words of the Rock, "who is this Roody Poo?"

A prepared politician from a mainstream party would be able to knock these dumbass claims by Higgins and the SF guy out of the park in half a second. This guy has no understanding of the economy or how the public sector is financed. If FG are going to put no effort into arguing against the fantasist left then the fantasist left are just going to gain ground.

I dunno, it is getting fairly repetitive alright.
    None of them seem to have a clue tbh.

Even be repetitive if he had Constantin in to run rings around them.

Oh dear, FG-man. In the words of the Rock, "who is this Roody Poo?"

A prepared politician from a mainstream party would be able to knock these dumbass claims by Higgins and the SF guy out of the park in half a second. This guy has no understanding of the economy or how the public sector is financed. If FG are going to put no effort into arguing against the fantasist left then the fantasist left are just going to gain ground.

What dumbass claims did the sf'er make? Joe was quite shaky on a number of things in fairness but I didn't hear anything outlandish from the sf rep.

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Can you carry a cow on your shoulders?
    No.
    Can you?

No.
    Can you?

Nope, my search continues:(

I think at this stage we should not be talking about either option a) burn all the bondholders or b) pay off the lot... the answer is somewhere in between.. I think they should be talking about the banking debt in more granular detail. i.e. ... the Senior Guaranteed Bondholders, Senior Unguaranteed Bondholders etc etc .. and debate which of these should get paid....

We are heading for a certain default, so the question really lies which of those groups is gonna lose out, and which will get paid... and what percentages that those who get paid will actually be reimbursed..

taking a few cars away is what fg calls radical change, jesus wept.

• Advertisement

"This is just vindictiveness..."
    Vinny can barely hide his glee.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Craebear

vincentbrowne.jpg

vincentbrowne.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I think at this stage we should not be talking about either option a) burn all the bondholders or b) pay off the lot... the answer is somewhere in between.. I think they should be talking about the banking debt in more granular detail. i.e. ... the Senior Guaranteed Bondholders, Senior Unguaranteed Bondholders etc etc .. and debate which of these should get paid....

We are heading for a certain default, so the question really lies which of those groups is gonna lose out, and which will get paid... and what percentages that those who get paid will actually be reimbursed..

Prime time was suggesting 22billion of bond holders should take the hit, an agreement made that they would have equity in the banks. These are senior and junior unguaranteed bondholders. Of course I am paraphrasing David McWilliams so I suggest you watch what he said.

Elmo wrote: »
    Prime time was suggesting 22billion of bond holders should take the hit, an agreement made that they would have equity in the banks. These are senior and junior unguaranteed bondholders. Of course I am paraphrasing David McWilliams so I suggest you watch what he said.

I just set my video to record that at 3.25 last nite..I saw it last night but I want to get a lot at the figures again.. in case I get the call from Enda and Noonan... McWilliams seems to be consistently right on these things.. You'd wonder why the Government dont make use of him, and particularly make use of the economic brains that we are paying for in the different state institutions.. (like Morgan Kelly from UCD)

I thought the first thing that Enda should have done would be to organise a sort of war council with 10-15 of the top independent economists i.e. not Jim Power and the like, purporting to be independent but actually representing private institutions... I mean why are school teachers making these critical decisions?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I just set my video to record that at 3.25 last nite..I saw it last night but I want to get a lot at the figures again.. in case I get the call from Enda and Noonan... McWilliams seems to be consistently right on these things.. You'd wonder why the Government dont make use of him, and particularly make use of the economic brains that we are paying for in the different state institutions.. (like Morgan Kelly from UCD)

I thought the first thing that Enda should have done would be to organise a sort of war council with 10-15 of the top independent economists i.e. not Jim Power and the like, purporting to be independent but actually representing private institutions... I mean why are school teachers making these critical decisions?

Well Lenihan did make use of him regarding the Guarantee and it didn't turn out very well. He is human though and can get things wrong.

The 10-15 economists is a good idea but they'd end up agreeing on nothing! I suppose we could cherry pick the best ideas.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Well Lenihan did make use of him regarding the Guarantee and it didn't turn out very well. He is human though and can get things wrong.

Yeah I remember that whole bizarre story about the garlic.. I'm not really sure what to make of it, or whether it actually constitutes a realistic request for his assistance..
    The 10-15 economists is a good idea but they'd end up agreeing on nothing! I suppose we could cherry pick the best ideas.

That is certainly true, but it's better than having the top 10-15 teachers (i.e. the Cabinet) making the same decision.. And at least then the economists would have to put their money where there mouth is for once.. And we DO actually have good people like McWilliams and Gurgiev who ARE willing to help...

That is certainly true, but it's better than having the top 10-15 teachers (i.e. the Cabinet) making the same decision.. And at least then the economists would have to put their money where there mouth is for once.. And we DO actually have good people like McWilliams and Gurgiev who ARE willing to help...

At this stage TK Whitaker should be brought out of retirement.

ah ffs.. just looked up my recording from last nite.. RTE were apparently running a half hour behind schedule.. I got Telly Bingo and Shortland Street.. :mad:

I dont think Declan Buckley has the answers to Ireland's economic problems..

ah ffs.. just looked up my recording from last nite.. RTE were apparently running a half hour behind schedule.. I got Telly Bingo and Shortland Street.. :mad:

I dont think Declan Buckley has the answers to Ireland's economic problems..

No you need Shirley temple bar for that. RTÉ Player or RTÉ NEWS NOW.

• Advertisement

McWilliams seems to be consistently right on these things.. You'd wonder why the Government dont make use of him, and particularly make use of the economic brains that we are paying for in the different state institutions.. (like Morgan Kelly from UCD)

Was watching this last week again and i know it's all history but it's so sobering.
    Kelly was just so prescient.
    Keenan sneering (around 4:45-4:50) at Kelly
    Fcuking moron.

And of course the Jim Power one (which in fairness he apologised magnanimously for).

Stupid fcukers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement