Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Elmo wrote: »
    At this stage TK Whitaker should be brought out of retirement.

Lolol, whether you think he was the the saviour of this country or not (I don't) I don't think he has much to offer in the way of preventing a default.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Stupid fcukers.

Watched both of those .. very interesting.. When Mark Little lists the people who disagree with Morgan Kelly (including the central bank), you really see how much trouble he would have been bringing on himself by saying what he was saying... Yet he did, and he was right about everything..

That's expertise.. And a lot of the people at the upper levels of the Department Of Finance, Regulation, Central Bank etc etc should be forced to hand back every penny they were paid by the state.. incompetent fools, the lot of them.. And the good news is, they've just released an "independent" report absolving themselves of all responsibility and blaming Fianna Fáil...

Two points

1) RTE should have introduced Jim Power as being a vested every time he was on the show.. You might as well have had Liz O'Kane in the studio ffs..
    2) Jim Power should NEVER be invited on any RTE panel show as an "economics expert" again.. It was obvious to anybody that there was gonna be a bust, yet he either could not or did not want to see it...

/major pre-show rant..

Did ye hear Vinnie's intro.... Chopper and his IMF pals, were in town just in time to hear:
    predictions from the Irish Central Bank that GNP will drop next year by between 1.5% and 2.6%, and that house prices will fall by between 28% and 25%....

Vinny says "is this the end of the world for us"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

likes his depressing intros doesn't he i nearly turned it over instantly on hearing that

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I saw Vinny talking about the end of the world for Ireland. :eek:

What's happened this time?

Interesting videos posted above. Hats off to Morgan Kelly. Shame we hadn't people in government like him.

• Advertisement

Decent panel on tonight at least, although matthews annoys me he appears to be smarter than the average gaeler.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Unemployment is more like 16%. The default bus is coming.:mad:

Do the ESRI have any credibility at this stage.. I dont remember them predicting the property collapse?

Was just thinking .. Vinnie must be worried about getting rid of that trophy house of his.. If he cant realise anything close to it's value, he wont be able to pay his debts..

He should have stayed with RTE.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

For anyone watching tonights show

Samaritans
    Phone 24/7 365: 1850 60 90 90
    TXT: 087 2 60 90 90
    Email: jo@samaritans.org

• Advertisement

I dont like the way Peter Matthews keeps finishing the end of peoples sentences, and adding little appendices to their remarks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Decent panel on tonight at least, although matthews annoys me he appears to be smarter than the average gaeler.

He seems to be reasonably on the ball, but I fear he is a long way from the Government top table.

I hope he is making an impact behind the scenes, but he could turn out to be another George Lee.

lol I love the lip service paid to japan, so half arsed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I dont like the way Peter Matthews keeps finishing the end of peoples sentences, and adding little appendices to their remarks...

Mmm, yes, I agree :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

"On the scale of Chernobyl"?
    I know the Indo likes to play things up but is this a likelihood?
    :eek:

STOP ADDING THANKZZZZ TO THE END OF MY POSTING.. :mad::mad:

The State Of Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant

Nice of Sky to put together an interactive Fukushima nuclear power plant to help us all understand what's going on.... What's next, a platform game where you control a man in a boiler suit with a hose?

Well something can be on one scale and something else can be on the other.

Lol vincent nailed peter properly with that clip!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

:mad:

FFS!

Snivelly, slithery, slimey feckers.

Everyone of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

The guy is scared to say anything now because they'll produce a clip of him saying something earlier that contradicted it.

It's like an episode of family guy with all this clip retrospection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Lame Lantern

Prediction: Matthews resigns from the Dáil in 18 months ala George Lee. Clearly Enda's been promising celebs the moon as usual.

God that was embarrassing for Peter Matthews...

The TWWWWEEEETTTT Machine.. :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Prediction: Matthews resigns from the Dáil in 18 months ala George Lee. Clearly Enda's been promising celebs the moon as usual.

Sounds like he is on the reserve bench for one of the economic briefs, Enda policy of getting rid of Ministers that fail to achieve targets.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Sardonicat wrote: »
    :mad:

FFS!

Snivelly, slithery, slimey feckers.

Everyone of them.

Ah cmon, Jonathananon and Brianthebard are alright. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Lame Lantern

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Sounds like he is on the reserve bench for one of the economic briefs, Enda policy of getting rid of Ministers that fail to achieve targets.
    Will never happen, Enda Kenny's ministers were more or less decided at the time of the heave and they'll sit in those hugely pensionable positions for as long as possible. They'll reshuffle the same dozen gombeens around from time to time but performance means nothing to the parochial hierarchy of Fine Gael.

Wait for it...

Martin King:"watch out for wind and fog tomorrow morning.. "
    Peter Matthews: "that's right"..
    Martin King:"tomorrow afternoon some sun starting to creep in"
    Peter Matthews: "Correct!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Still though, he does make nice chicken pies.

And looks a lot like Eamon Gilmore who used to be cool before he became Robo-Gormley.

The tweet machine is broken.. lmao... :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Maybe he should switch to pigeons :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

The tweet machine is broken.. lmao... :D:D:D

They should really fix it properly some day, it seems to be very unreliable

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement