Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The one problem I have about the Moriarty Report is I dont understand what Michael Andersson had to gain by lying at the Tribunal... The judge has effectively discounted his evidence completely, for no obvious reason..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

The one problem I have about the Moriarty Report is I dont understand what Michael Andersson had to gain by lying at the Tribunal... The judge has effectively discounted his evidence completely, for no obvious reason..
    I assume you're playing Devil's Advocate Johnny.

The perhaps not so obvious reason was that tons of other info countered Andersson's assertion - to the point it became irrelevant. If it wasnt it would have tempered the judge's decision.

"Her little dirty tricks." .... ohhhhhhhhhhh controversial... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭wurzlitzer

Classic

"I work for the Irish Times
    and I am going to say it anyway...

shes a big fan of Denis O'Brien"

BURN

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Mr Cawley

Joe swoops in at the end;) The fat-cat agenda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Lame Lantern

Jesus, we've seen enough of Joe Higgins over the last few weeks thanks. We can all assume he believes every piece of high profile news that comes up is a failure of capitalism, we don't need him around to keep telling us.

ArtSmart wrote: »
    I assume you're playing Devil's Advocate Johnny.

No. I'm genuinely confused as to why the judge would completely discount the evidence of a person who has presided over (depending on who you ask) between 70 - 200 of these sort of licensing competitions... I thought that if he was gonna be so direct and blunt about things, he would have first gone after those higher paid people in the upper echelons of the Department Of Communications... Surely they are more to blame ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭dowlingm

No sympathy for S Carey because of her conduct but I think a lot of people have been looking to drop the "newspapers shouldn't hire bloggers because they devalue 'the craft' " - it pretty much started when she got her IT column - and here's your man on vinb "I'm not sure how she's even a journalist". Thanks dude, I thought I might have to wait a few more days for that but you came through.

My point being that S Carey might not have been a proper journalist but plenty of proper journalists have been right numpties - especially ones who took a cheque from the redtops, qthe Daily Moan and the Duckworth School of Journalism. Also - Carey broken tribunal rules by leaking but it didn't stop Stephen Collins taking that illicit material and publishing it - too many journos don't give a crap how material was obtained even when they know the only way it got to them was illegal means.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

dowlingm wrote: »
    My point being that S Carey might not have been a proper journalist but plenty of proper journalists have been right numpties - especially ones who took a cheque from the redtops, qthe Daily Moan and the Duckworth School of Journalism. Also - Carey broken tribunal rules by leaking but it didn't stop Stephen Collins taking that illicit material and publishing it - too many journos don't give a crap how material was obtained even when they know the only way it got to them was illegal means.

Of course Stephen Collins should have published her name what had she to hide as she seems to think she was right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Jedward on with Vincent on Friday night

It'll probably just be Mario.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

no he was on ray darcy yesterday talking about it, i got the impression its going to be even more lighthearted on a fri night from now on?? more of a "chat show" they were saying. we will know tonight, vinny's a legend!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

It's going to be called Friday Late with Vincent Browne, and I understand there will be a couch...

dPlLH.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

The latest from the tweet machine ...
    JEDWARD, Former Eurovision winner Linda Martin, Dragons Den entrepreneur Nora Casey & popular** radio presenter Ray D’Arcy.

will be the guests on 'Friday Late with Vincent Browne' tonight at 11.25pm

** not a word I would use to describe Mr Darcy, I'm only quoting.

They should put it on earlier to challenge the late late.

Colmo52 wrote: »
    They should put it on earlier to challenge the late late.

They tried that with Dunphy and got their ass kicked.

It's smarter to schedule it post-Late Late.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Surely it's a Mario sketch? I mean Jedward aren't really going to be on Vincent Browne's show tonight are they? :confused:

They've even got a new logo for the Friday Night Show

Friday_LateIntro_Sequence.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Colmo52 wrote: »
    They've even got a new logo for the Friday Night Show

Friday_LateIntro_Sequence.JPG

Wow! It looks nothing like the late late show, the graphic, the font wow! Wonder if they will commission some music for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

SkidMark wrote: »
    They tried that with Dunphy and got their ass kicked.

It's smarter to schedule it post-Late Late.

Brown > Dunphy

Plus they used to have a bit of auld serious discussion on the late late show. Not this tripe with people hauled over from the UK, or Irish people who got famous in the UK, or an Irish sports team no one cared about before they beat the ..um....UK.

I really wish FG would include RTE in their public asset fire sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

This line up looks more like a typical LLS one, although it's bound to be far more entertaining. I hope Vinnie tackles D'Arcy's claim he would leave the country if Enda Kenny became Taoiseach.

What will be discussed I wonder? Jedward are bound to have their own unique take on the bailout and the CCCTB afterall.

• Advertisement

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    I really wish FG would include RTE in their public asset fire sale.

well it's posted a loss of 25 million last year... You really have to take your hat off to the privately run radio and TV stations, who receive no state funding. . particularly TV3 and Newstalk..

Fancy new sig tune!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

SkidMark wrote: »
    Fancy new sig tune!

Sounds like a Commodore 64 job.

I'm reliably informed that it's definitely the real Jedward, not Mario rosenstock.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Good evening all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

oooh nice sofa :D

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Craebear

What the feck am I watching? lol

Fancy gaff Vinny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Oh jebus this is weird.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Ahh no desk, like Samson without his locks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement