Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

I dont know lads I can see RTE's point in pulling away, and I can also see your point that it is censorship... To be honest I think Vincent is known for his grandstanding at such events, and he tends to completely take over, refusing to a) let go of a question when given an answer (as he does on his show) b) let anybody else answer a questions ... The other journalists did not get anywhere near as much time as Vincent, and when they tried to move it on to give somebody else a chance, he again interrupted with another question... He also uses it as material to promote his own show, so there is a certain amount of personal gain from such "performances"...

I dont think RTE should have cut him, but I do think that the journalists should be limited to one or two questions each...

Did Vincent leave RTE on bad terms do you know? I haven't heard anything of the sort but he did go over to the enemy...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Noxcloud

Love to watch him take the piss out of FG for basically having the same agenda as FF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

telekon wrote: »
    Did Vincent leave RTE on bad terms do you know?

I dont remember actually.. I used to listen to his radio show... it's basically the same as what we have on TV3 (minus the cameras obviously).. I dont think he necessarily left on bad terms, I think it was more the fact that he tends to move on (like Dunphy) and doesnt stay in the same place too long...

I dont remember actually.. I used to listen to his radio show... it's basically the same as what we have on TV3 (minus the cameras obviously).. I dont think he necessarily left on bad terms, I think it was more the fact that he tends to move on (like Dunphy) and doesnt stay in the same place too long...

I used to listen to his radio show in college, was great stuff. He tended to get more FF representatives on at that time too, when everything was all rosy.

telekon wrote: »
    I used to listen to his radio show in college, was great stuff.

Another thing he did before the last election was to review the performance of every single politician in the Dáil.. I wonder will he do similar on the TV show before the next election...

• Advertisement

Another thing he did before the last election was to review the performance of every single politician in the Dáil.. I wonder will he do similar on the TV show before the next election...

Thats right! He did a lot of number crunching regarding speeches in the chamber, days attended etc. and used to pull incumbant candidates up on it the whole time.

Was great hearing them squirm. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

ArtSmart wrote: »
    wonder is the below article the reason why...

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/fianna-fail-lashes-out-at-rtes-coverage-of-party-2386855.html

typical FF, shoot the messenger.

Censorship is alive and well.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Flimbos

Folks, just checked TV3's site, I think last Monday's show was cancelled due to the Apprentice/ Celebrity... according to the site, the show is back on tonight from 11.20 to 12.05.

Also, The Frontline on RTE is on earlier than scheduled tonight, at 9.35.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

John Gormley is being interviewed now, pre recorded from earlier.

John Moloney Laois-Offaly FF TD (and Cowen loyalist/die-hard supporter) and Leo of FG on the programme, along with Noel Whelan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭AOwannabe

Vincent has the funky tie on again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

John Gormley is being interviewed now, pre recorded from earlier.

John Moloney Laois-Offaly FF TD (and Cowen loyalist/die-hard supporter) and Leo of FG on the programme, along with Noel Whelan.

Moloney is among the most delusional wafflers in FF - I hope VB does not tolerate any of his utter nonsense. I also hope Leo is on top form tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Just watching Gormless Gormley now engaging in incredible doubletalk.
    This guy sickens me possibly more than any other politician.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Good man Vincent

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Watching Gormley being interviewed by Browne here reminds me of the candidates in Bill Cullen's boardroom a half an hour ago fighting for their places on The Apprentice !

The Greens haven't a clue - they've really made a mess of things for their party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

The Greens haven't a clue - they've really made a mess of things for their party.

Who cares ?

All I'm worried about is that they've made a mess of things for the rest of us! :mad:

I feel a bit sorry for the Greens, they'll forever be tainted by their coalition with Fianna Fáil. Whose phone was that?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

'Confidential' memo me foot!

Well done Vinny!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

I have no sympathy for the Greens at all. You can see that their actions today are all about self preservation. They are hoping that by the time an election comes round there is a bit of distance between them and FF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

AOwannabe wrote: »
    I feel a bit sorry for the Greens, they'll forever be tainted by their coalition with Fianna Fáil. Whose phone was that?!!

Why ? Did they not have a choice ?

• Advertisement

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Why ? Did they not have a choice ?

Yes, but economics is not their strong point so in 2007 they couldn't foresee the mess we would be in. They saw a chance to get into power and implement a green agenda without looking at the wider picture.

Don't get me wrong, I said I feel a bit sorry but I don't have much sympathy for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Varadkar's a breath of fresh air.
    Even down to how he communicates- compared to the FF gombeen beside him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Vincent asked the Fianna Fail guy (John Maloney?) what European leader had public opinion ratings as low as 12%, Maloney suggested Sarkozy had the same ratings.
    Latest polls in France show something different...

PARIS -([COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]Dow [COLOR=blue ! important]Jones[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR])- French President Nicolas Sarkozy's approval rating increased slightly in November, according to a poll by research institute Ifop published Sunday in French weekend paper Le Journal du Dimanche.
    In the month when Sarkozy reshuffled the cabinet his approval rating rose to 32% from 29% in October.

Vincent asked the Fianna Fail guy (John Maloney?) what European leader had public opinion ratings as low as 12%, Maloney suggested Sarkozy had the same ratings.
    Latest polls in France show something different...

PARIS -([COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]Dow [COLOR=blue ! important]Jones[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR])- French President Nicolas Sarkozy's approval rating increased slightly in November, according to a poll by research institute Ifop published Sunday in French weekend paper Le Journal du Dimanche.
    In the month when Sarkozy reshuffled the cabinet his approval rating rose to 32% from 29% in October.

Text that in.

It was hilarious him saying Sarkozy.

John Moloney is delusional, saying support for FF is as strong as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Wow, I cannot believe that even in these days of confusion in FF a complete waffler like this guy Moloney would be left on live television. He just keeps spinning in his chair and spinning nonsense. Unbelievable.

Noel Whelan and Leo Varadkar were just staring at him in disbelief at one stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Who cares ?

All I'm worried about is that they've made a mess of things for the rest of us! :mad:

And what about FF, they are the really people who have got us into this mess. The Greens would have had to make the same discussions with a FG/Labour coalition.

Thank god FF have some scapegoats, Mary Hanifan all annoy at how the Greens treated FF with the announcement, well Mary guess what the Irish Public are far more annoyed at FF with their abysmal announcements over the last 3 weeks.

Jaysus Vinny is getting later every night..

Paul Sommerville, Brian Lucey, the beautiful Aine Kerr, and Peter Browne..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

send us a hash!!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement