Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Good synopsis Jon.

tks..

Brian McFadden wants to rejoin Westlife, is Vincent not covering this???

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭bhovaspack

Holy Cow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭AOwannabe

bhovaspack wrote: »
    Holy Cow.

uploaded_holy-cow.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Common as...

The worst thing is both of these guys have been right so far

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

What can we do? Not everyone in the country is watching this show, how is this info to be decimated and how can we get the brainless Brians and the lying incompetents in DoF to follow the recomendations made on the show tonight re negotiations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Time to play tough.This mouse must roar!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,786 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I think Lucey's point about Cowan and the "cheapest bailout ever" is moot at this stage.. This is the same man (Lenihan) who told us that the state would make money out of saving Anglo.... He has absolutely no credibility at this stage.

About as much credibility as Lucey ,who is a media whore and complete bluffer
    In an analysis prepared for mortgage company Homeloan Management Limited in December 2005, Prof Lucey dismissed the notion of an unsustainable property bubble and forecast the Irish housing market would continue to grow at a “modest but still significant pace”. He also identified more scope for increased mortgage lending by financial institutions by means of subprime mortgages, 100 per cent mortgages and equity-release loans.
    The guy has no authority to talk about the banking crisis .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

About as much credibility as Lucey ,who is a media whore and complete bluffer

Yea but Somerville is not exactly disagreeing with him is he....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Good night, and Good Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Sweet dreams folks!

• Advertisement

I dont doubt what you are saying, but he's never been called on it, not on any of the shows that I've seen anyway.. Love to know where they have their money...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭AOwannabe

Look on the bright side, at least we have a possible Korean war to take our minds off this stuff

I dont doubt what you are saying, but he's never been called on it, not on any of the shows that I've seen anyway.. Love to know where they have their money...

Geneva no doubt.

AOwannabe wrote: »
    Look on the bright side, at least we have a possible Korean war to take our minds off this stuff

Wasnt it gas to see our political masters cheering on the north korean ambassador in the dail today.

You couldn't write this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,786 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

EVER wondered why the pundits who failed to predict the current economic crisis are still being paid for their opinions? It's a consequence of the way human psychology works in a free market, according to a study of how people's self-confidence affects the way others respond to their advice.

The research, by Don Moore of Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, shows that we prefer advice from a confident source, even to the point that we are willing to forgive a poor track record. Moore argues that in competitive situations, this can drive those offering advice to increasingly exaggerate how sure they are. And it spells bad news for scientists who try to be honest about gaps in their knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

I'm seriously starting to get worried.. I have my money with BOI..

Good for you, I owe the BOI lots of money. Can't tell which of us is in the worst spot...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

argosy2006 wrote: »
    send us a hash!!:D

That was the prompt that got me off the couch to skin up a joint..

AOwannabe wrote: »
    Another person who missed the news about Brian McFadden wanting to rejoin Westlife... *shakes head*

Can somebody explain one thing to me guys... Why are the banks only guaranteed up to 100k, and yet still the government (I assume) expect people with over 100k to keep their money in the banks without the guarantee.... Like all that money from the housing boom went SOMEWHERE.. For example, if you had 2.1 million from selling a house, would you not just move 2 million to another bank, and keep the 0.1 million (i.e. 100k) in the Irish bank???? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭JohnfromGalway

Re: Minister's constituency office vandalised:
    Gardaí have narrowed down the likely suspects to include 4 million Irish patriots.

Another person who missed the news about Brian McFadden wanting to rejoin Westlife... *shakes head*

Can somebody explain one thing to me guys... Why are the banks only guaranteed up to 100k, and yet still the government (I assume) expect people with over 100k to keep their money in the banks without the guarantee.... Like all that money from the housing boom went SOMEWHERE.. For example, if you had 2.1 million from selling a house, would you not just move 2 million to another bank, and keep the 0.1 million (i.e. 100k) in the Irish bank???? :confused:

I'd say half that money ended up in government coffers to pay for the illegal & unconstitutional benchmarking for public servants.

• Advertisement

Offer the ECB 2% interest on sovereign debt & if they don't like it we quit the EU.

PS How come this discredited FF-led govt can negotiate debts of hundreds of billions (our children's future) on our behalf, yet they'll foist a referendum on us for any old innocuous reason?

Offer the ECB 2% interest on sovereign debt & if they don't like it we quit the EU.

yeah I was thinking the same.. It's the interest rate that causes the big problem.. Roughly from what the guys were saying that would reduce the interest repayments annually to ~4/5 Billion

Muppets - all of them. Don't think that the other parties would be any better in their (FF's) place. They all took their "King's Shilling" without a peep out of them over the years.

Where were the patriotic politicians, economists, journalists & editors, when they were needed?

With their noses in the trough, of course.

Electorates usually get the politicians that they deserve.

We can't even rely on the army to sort out this mess, as they're all political appointees.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

I'd say half that money ended up in government coffers to pay for the illegal & unconstitutional benchmarking for public servants.

How was benchmarking illegal and especially 'unconstitutional'??

Muppets - all of them. Don't think that the other parties would be any better in their (FF's) place. They all took their "King's Shilling" without a peep out of them over the years.

Where were the patriotic politicians, economists, journalists & editors, when they were needed?

With their noses in the trough, of course.

Electorates usually get the politicians that they deserve.

We can't even rely on the army to sort out this mess, as they're all political appointees.

What a load of unsubstantiated ribbbish! So the army are all political appointess are they now??? LOL

How was benchmarking illegal and especially 'unconstitutional'??

If I had the resources (millions) I would take it (eventually) to the Supreme Court

If I had the resources (millions) I would take it (eventually) to the Supreme Court

On what grounds?? And whaere is the illegality??

What a load of unsubstantiated ribbbish! So the army are all political appointess are they now??? LOL

Of course they are! (there was an obvios implication that I was referring to the top staff.)

Of course they are! (there was an obvios implication that I was referring to the top staff.)

Actually, no there wasn't and why even mention the army in this context?? How on earth colould they sort out the economic mess? An oh, in countries where the military has taken control in the past, surely their top brass were political appointees also??

• Advertisement

On what grounds?? And whaere is the illegality??

Grounds are equality - benchmarking has enslaved the (almost but getting there) other half of society.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement