Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Craebear

Tubridy filling in for Johnaton Ross?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*catches breath*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

daily mail, what a pile of cnuts..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

cough it up man. get it out for feck's sake. do you need a thump on the back again?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Anglo was our sub prime and derivatives.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Filling in for Jonathan Ross... LMAO..
    BBC managed to find a worse fit for him (i.e. in G Ryan's slot) than even RTE did....

Didn't Jonathan Ross leave BBC Radio?, how can Tubridy fill in for him?

Edit: Wonder if this is a year old story which the Examiner have made a mess of?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Max Keiser should be the Taoiseach of Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Bit of a circus tonight tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,396 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

No Late Late during the summer, this will allow him to do the weekend show (unless he records it in Dublin somehow?).

BBC managed to find a worse fit for him (i.e. in G Ryan's slot) than even RTE did....

Yes, I mentioned last week that I somehow couldn't see Tubridy continuing on the LLS for another 10+ or even 5+ years the way he is. Not only is he performing terribly but he seems to hate it all himself now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

why is the Indo supporting government policies lately ?

Lately? The Indo has practically been driving government policy for the last ten years. That's why 'we are where we are' and why we're heading somewhere much worse.

• Advertisement

I love it how they mentioned like how RTE might be so scared to lose him and so would the audience... more like hoping he would never come back. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

PMSL @ thaat bertie story, giving economic advice to Nigerians

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The Twitteratti are certainly not sitting on the fence with this one..

twitteratti.jpg

It's unreal... It's like that episode of the Simpsons where Homer kept getting promoted..

Yes, I mentioned last week that I somehow couldn't see Tubridy continuing on the LLS for another 10+ or even 5+ years the way he is. Not only is he performing terribly but he seems to hate it all himself now as well.

I'm not so sure it's Tubs that is the problem - I think it's more to do with the LLS being completely outdated. They insisted on staying on air for over two hours, despite Tubs asking for it to be reduced and they've continued to deal with current affairs/politics..something that seems annoyingly unique to Irish "light" hearted programmes.

The Twitteratti are certainly not sitting on the fence with this one..

twitteratti.jpg

It's unreal... It's like that episode of the Simpsons where Homer kept getting promoted..

3 bad comments about Tubs there.

I'm not so sure it's Tubs that is the problem - I think it's more to do with the LLS being completely outdated. They insisted on staying on air for over two hours, despite Tubs asking for it to be reduced and they've continued to deal with current affairs/politics..something that seems annoyingly unique to Irish "light" hearted programmes.

I don't think the format really matters in comparison. I definitely agree they need better guests and topics though. The thing is sometimes they do have great guests and they're wasted on Tubridy.

The thing is sometimes they do have great guests and they're wasted on Tubridy.

The show a) is waaay too long and b) does not have enough light entertainment guests..... that's for sure.. but a funny, risque and cheeky host could at least make it watchable...

I don't think the format really matters in comparison. I definitely agree they need better guests and topics though. The thing is sometimes they do have great guests and they're wasted on Tubridy.

The length though has to be a fundamental problem with the programme - because it's so long, they have to stuff it with dreadful guests.

The show a) is waaay too long and b) does not have enough light entertainment guests..... that's for sure.. but a funny, risque and cheeky host could at least make it watchable...

That would be a huge risk for RTE given that a large amount of the audience have been watching the show since the 60s and might not take too kindly to a Graham Norton/Katherine Lynch/Jonathan Ross type host.

They'll only change the programme when the ratings drop and despite the awfullness of the programme lately, that hasn't happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Torres9

Serious squirming from your man there

• Advertisement

Vincent off on a tangent again... ridiculous.. raising the minimum wage is a moot point.. Most people, particularly with families, would get more on the dole (& benefits) than if they worked for the minimum wage, and as such wouldnt even take up a job on the minimum wage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Vincent off on a tangent again... ridiculous.. raising the minimum wage is a moot point..
    not to those on the minimum wage
    Most people, particularly with families, would get more on the dole (& benefits) than if they worked for the minimum wage, and as such wouldnt even take up a job on the minimum wage.
    the old ones are the best ones.
    http://www.progressive-economy.ie/2011/03/life-of-luxury-on-dole.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Your man on the right has nodded off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Aghhh the baby monkey going for a bit of bitty...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

I got VERY excited about the tubridy quitting RTE headline til I realised it was the Sun. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Does Tubs want a payrise and is his RTE contract nearly up????

Tubs certainly looking for a bigger salary with all this PR rubbish - in the current climate, he's playing a risky game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I really like Higgins . Ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

What's Tubs playing at? I thought he disliked the Brits. He's always gushing about how he couldn't live anywhere other than Ireland, how he can't stand going on holidays, he just misses home too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Tubs certainly looking for a bigger salary with all this PR rubbish - in the current climate, he's playing a risky game!

Remember him and his kin are old pals with the RTE big wigs...the Daily Mail headline must be the biggest kite in Irish media history, this "RTE fear losing Tubridy to BBC" nonsense. There's the preamble to giving him a payraise. Sick sh*t. :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement