Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,396 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

telekon wrote: »
    Remember him and his kin are old pals with the RTE big wigs...the Daily Mail headline must be the biggest kite in Irish media history, this "RTE fear losing Tubridy to BBC" nonsense. There's the preamble to giving him a payraise. Sick sh*t. :mad:

The Daily Mail are almost complicit. It's a risky strategy to look for and talk about wages in RTE and gets people very annoyed.

They get paid way too much and if he is demanding a lot, then let him go to the BBC, he's only bluffing anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

They get paid way too much and if he is demanding a lot, then let him go to the BBC, he's only bluffing anyway.

and give his job to vinny. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I really find it baffling as to what BBC see in Tubridy that would make them want to take him on board... I mean have any of them watched the Late Late Show.. Even if they compared him to O'Connor (who has virtually no TV hosting experience) on the sat nite, he would come a very poor second...

But I REALLY hope they take him.. It would give somebody fresh a chance..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Gar_and_Bill.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

I really find it baffling as to what BBC see in Tubridy that would make them want to take him on board... I mean have any of them watched the Late Late Show.. Even if they compared him to O'Connor (who has virtually no TV hosting experience) on the sat nite, he would come a very poor second...

He's only double jobbing. We'll be subjected to him for the rest of our lives. Literally. Its depressing.

Where are the tweets about tubridy???:confused:

• Advertisement

Gar_and_Bill.jpg

I presume he's actively looking for work too since failing ABYSMALLY at the local elections...

...Garret that is, not Bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Boy o boy would the dam tabloids stop writing agggggggggggggggaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn about Gerry Ryan.I am sick of looking at this fella, jeez:mad:.

I do hope DLB does go over permanently to the beeb and get rid of the bloody late late cause he really is an insufferable bore.If he thinks the critics are bad over here, how will he cope with the UK.Hopefully they will tear him to shreds (not literally).................................Oh wait then he might be back:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Tubridy's got talent? Get outta here!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

BOC presented 2 seasons of DFTG and one season of The Apprentice: You're Fired. His Saturday Night Show is filled with Z-lister which doesn't help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Elmo wrote: »
    BOC presented 2 seasons of DFTG and one season of The Apprentice: You're Fired.

God you're being very pedantic.. I mean do you want to include his "Who's In The House" video as experience as well.. ?

My point is that he has little or no live TV interviewing experience... One of the reasons that Tubridy was given the show was on the basis that he was hugely experienced, but he's still probably the worst interviewer in RTE... Brendan, who has little interviewing experience outside of his journalism work, is a far better interviewer than him.

I just dont see how BBC can look in on The Late Late Show on a Friday night as say "God we have to have that lad, he's excellent"... Course it has been revealed that it is just a saturday morning radio show that he is taking so maybe they never watched the LLS at all..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭kevin99

Does the Mail here really think people give a damn about Tubridy?
    I mean, 1 in 4 people can't pay their bills and the Mail comes out with this unadulatered ****e.
    Tubridy is 39 going on 80. An old bore, patronising, condescending towards his guests and audience.
    Wow!! Are we all to be on our knees hoping the awful Tubridy doesn't to to the Beeb on a permanent basis!
    I think he is awful on telly, although I appreciate this 'stand-in' gig is on Beeb radio of a Saturday morning when most people are hopping each other in the leaba or standing on the sidelines, coffee in hand watching their liggle ones play footie.

He was hopless on Radio One. A big bore, who only catered for the D4 interests. Everything he talked about on that programme was about books.
    He'a a total turn-off, boring, predictable.I don't care where he goes as long as it's away from broadcasting.

Just listening to another bore presenting the Mooney show. McAnally really loves himself. But he doesn't have a good voice for broadcasting. But hey he loves himself. Knows everything. Interrupts guests to make a point of what he knows. Jaysus get some decent young talent.
    I like Mooney he's acerbic, witty, knowledgable and has that unique ability these days to laugh at himself.
    But get rid of his 'stand in'. He's hopeless. Or are his bosses afraid to tell him?

And while I am on a rant, what does Ronan Collins do for listeners between 12 and 1pm?
    He plays records and reads out requests for somebody having abirthday.
    But he has no personality, he's not witty, he's not funny, he doesn't tell jokes...a robot primed to play songs for an hour five days a week.

Newstalk are wiping the floor with RTE One.

RTE's Head of Programming for Television and Radio needs to have a close look at the abilities of some presenters. Whatever happened to the lovely, talented Ciana Campbell? She was very good on television.
    RTE needs to show a good, well researched and presented science/innovation/green/environmental programme on telly. And the person to front it is Liz Bonnin. She is excellent on Countryfile and other programmes across the pond. Give her a good deal and get the experts like Mooney involved. You could have Liz and Mooney jointly presented the programme.
    Here's another idea: Surviving the recession. Interview real people. How is the recession the ordinary person. RTE could make a six one hour programmes focussing different aspects of the recession and how it is affecting people. Unemployed parents, single people, how lifestyles have changed, how they cope with the dole, having less money. What are the hopes and aspirations of younger people, qualified at third level, or leaving cert. What are trades people doing for a few bob.
    What happens to the self employed who have lost their businesses? What are they doing for money?
    It doesn't have to be filmed in a Primetime current affairs way. But let the people tell their stories.
    Give young untested presenters the opportunity to work on the programme along with producers, researchers an technicians.

So let Tubridy off to the Beeb for his Saturday morning show. I wonder how long he will last.
    As for Brendan O'Connor. The less said the better. Although, a bit wooden on telly he has a certain natural wit. But unfortunately the guest list is 'D' celeb. Not his fault.

kevin99 wrote: »
    Does the Mail here really think people give a damn about Tubridy?
    I mean, 1 in 4 people can't pay their bills and the Mail comes out with this unadulatered ****e.
    Tubridy is 39 going on 80. An old bore, patronising, condescending towards his guests and audience.
    Wow!! Are we all to be on our knees hoping the awful Tubridy doesn't to to the Beeb on a permanent basis!
    I think he is awful on telly, although I appreciate this 'stand-in' gig is on Beeb radio of a Saturday morning when most people are hopping each other in the leaba or standing on the sidelines, coffee in hand watching their liggle ones play footie.

He was hopless on Radio One. A big bore, who only catered for the D4 interests. Everything he talked about on that programme was about books.
    He'a a total turn-off, boring, predictable.I don't care where he goes as long as it's away from broadcasting.

Just listening to another bore presenting the Mooney show. McAnally really loves himself. But he doesn't have a good voice for broadcasting. But hey he loves himself. Knows everything. Interrupts guests to make a point of what he knows. Jaysus get some decent young talent.
    I like Mooney he's acerbic, witty, knowledgable and has that unique ability these days to laugh at himself.
    But get rid of his 'stand in'. He's hopeless. Or are his bosses afraid to tell him?

And while I am on a rant, what does Ronan Collins do for listeners between 12 and 1pm?
    He plays records and reads out requests for somebody having abirthday.
    But he has no personality, he's not witty, he's not funny, he doesn't tell jokes...a robot primed to play songs for an hour five days a week.

Newstalk are wiping the floor with RTE One.

RTE's Head of Programming for Television and Radio needs to have a close look at the abilities of some presenters. Whatever happened to the lovely, talented Ciana Campbell? She was very good on television.
    RTE needs to show a good, well researched and presented science/innovation/green/environmental programme on telly. And the person to front it is Liz Bonnin. She is excellent on Countryfile and other programmes across the pond. Give her a good deal and get the experts like Mooney involved. You could have Liz and Mooney jointly presented the programme.
    Here's another idea: Surviving the recession. Interview real people. How is the recession the ordinary person. RTE could make a six one hour programmes focussing different aspects of the recession and how it is affecting people. Unemployed parents, single people, how lifestyles have changed, how they cope with the dole, having less money. What are the hopes and aspirations of younger people, qualified at third level, or leaving cert. What are trades people doing for a few bob.
    What happens to the self employed who have lost their businesses? What are they doing for money?
    It doesn't have to be filmed in a Primetime current affairs way. But let the people tell their stories.
    Give young untested presenters the opportunity to work on the programme along with producers, researchers an technicians.

So let Tubridy off to the Beeb for his Saturday morning show. I wonder how long he will last.
    As for Brendan O'Connor. The less said the better. Although, a bit wooden on telly he has a certain natural wit. But unfortunately the guest list is 'D' celeb. Not his fault.

Yea, but do you like him? :D

Rant-tastic! A big 'thanks' for effort alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Frances Black is one of the guests on the all-swinging Friday Night Show.

I'm sure there are others too.

Noel V. Ginnity is another guest.

Edit: and Paddy Cole

Oh dear - fierce whiff of Funny Friday about this show.

What kept you all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

SkidMark wrote: »
    What kept you all?

Dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

This a a weird line up! I'm not a fan of that ape, Noel V Ginnity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

These are awful jokes in fairness

SkidMark wrote: »
    What kept you all?
    Someone had to pay the bus driver...

These are awful jokes in fairness
    He tries way too hard to be funny...

• Advertisement

Hey Noel V. Ginnity - you're not funny. You've never been funny. you never will be funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Ah Jaysis not Frances Black again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

was the LLS any good.? I missed it

I adore Tommy Tiernan (most of the time)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Paddy Cole

The most famous person vinnie knows

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

why is that embarrassed looking girl wearing a lagging jacket?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

If I was on a ship with Noel V Ginnity I'd jump overboard

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭jaffa20

It's like watching a few pensioners having a laugh. The girl looks so awkward.

That young girl is dying of embarrassment :o

• Advertisement

Decent enough Jools Holland starting in a minute on BBC2

Cee Lo Green, Bootsy Collins, Robbie Robertson, Glasvegas

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement