Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

she has put on a few pounds since the days of that walk that's for sure :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I'd walk alone alot too if he was my dad! Gotta love Vincents questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Ginnitty is 100% correct about small print

He's reallly not. Even if small print was ten foot tall, nobody would read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

johnn wrote: »
    she has put on a few pounds since the days of that walk that's for sure :rolleyes:
    What kind of a sh1te comment is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

This father and D4 daughter have been boring me on different radio stations all week and now they are on the tv with their silly book.

They went on an unchallenging walk (It's not Mt Everest ffs) and have written a book about it and now somehow they are getting fame out of it!

I must write a book about my next holiday!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I remember Hal vaguely. I doubt there is anyone here that is quite as old as yourself :D

Ahem
    Ginnity is an unfunny, bitter man.. You certainly can have good jokes with comedy, but none of them are his.. He's the poor man's Hal Roach if any of ye remember him..

Hal Roach was very smug, but he had better jokes than Mr Ginnity.

And why does he need an initial 'v' in his name, that's only for big stars like Michael J Fox.

murpho999 wrote: »
    This father and daughter have been boring me on different radio stations all week and now they are on the tv with their silly book.

They went on an unchallenging walk (It's not Mt Everest ffs) and have written a book about it and now somehow they are getting fame out of it!

I must write a book about my next holiday!

Or when you walk down to the bus stop. Sounds about as exciting as this pilgrimage.

He's reallly not. Even if small print was ten foot tall, nobody would read it.
    I disagree, in the UK, most banks and insurance companies have committed themselves to what is called "plain english". It is a campaigin which was started about ten years ago and it has had very successful.

It's been downhill since Jedward were on the show.

I want them back every week.

What kind of a sh1te comment is that?

I think people should live a healthy lifestyle, not only when looking on a pat on the back for charity work. What did you think of her racist spanish impression?

• Advertisement

I disagree, in the UK, most banks and insurance companies have committed themselves to what is called "plain english". It is a campaigin which was started about ten years ago and it has had very successful.

Fair enough. But whether it is plain English or not, surely the terms and conditions are broadly the same?

And his point was that the smalll print should be made bigger not that it should be written in clearer English.

This is a hell of a show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

SkidMark wrote: »
    Hal Roach was very smug, but he had better jokes than Mr Ginnity.

Love the one with the fishing rod...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

What did you think of her racist spanish impression?
    Only laugh of the show so far!

Fair enough. But whether it is plain English or not, surely the terms and conditions are broadly the same?

And his point was that the smalll print should be made bigger not that it should be written in clearer English.

This is a hell of a show.
    Terms and Conditions are my line of work and I can tell you that if T&C's are written in plain english it makes a huge difference as most people will read them and more importantly understand them. You will notice that nowaday insurance companies if they are changing any of the T&C's in their policy they have to write to you and alert you to the specific change. A few years ago they would have just sent you a policy booklet without highlighting the change.

There you go MrsD, Paddy Cole is playing in Clare soon.

Hope there's a few tickets left!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

I think people should live a healthy lifestyle, not only when looking on a pat on the back for charity work. What did you think of her racist spanish impression?

Lemme guess, former fattie, now on a health kick, lost a few pounds so feels they have the right to make rude remarks about others who are overweight (especially women) who don't come up to your standards now. Close?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Giggling at the long pencils, I hope we're getting into jizz territory again.

God her oul lad has a real smug "I know everything" attitude.. He must be an ex civil servant is he?

Greentopia wrote: »
    Lemme guess, former fattie, now on a health kick, lost a few pounds so feels they have the right to make rude remarks about others who are overweight (especially women) who don't come up to your standards now. Close?

You have a wild imagination babes

Sure I have. "Babes".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭HoneyRyder

Is it just me or is there a seriously creepy vibe from that Dad?! Kinda feel violated or something just from looking at him :)

SkidMark wrote: »
    There you go MrsD, Paddy Cole is playing in Clare soon.

Hope there's a few tickets left!
    Scarriff is a grand spot but his music isn't really my thing I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Terms and Conditions are my line of work.

God help you!

God help you!
    Wouldn't be everyone's cuppa tea but I find legal stuff interesting.

Your post in Health and Fitness 1 year and 3 months ago:

"Yeah sorry i prob didn't clarify there. I think I weigh in just slightly less than I did before, I am 5,9" and weigh 74kgs. But I was a little chubby but have slimmed down considerably since joining the jim, & my arms and chest have put on a bit more muscle since i started a free-weights programme."

Forget I could post dive did ya? :D

Terms and Conditions are my line of work

oh that's interesting.. tell us more.. :)

you reserve the right not to tell us any more if you do not wish to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

edit:your post in Health and Fitness 1 year and 3 months ago:

"Yeah sorry i prob didn't clarify there. I think I weigh in just slightly less than I did before, I am 5,9" and weigh 74kgs. But I was a little chubby but have slimmed down considerably since joining the jim, & my arms and chest have put on a bit more muscle since i started a free-weights programme."

I think I need to join the Jim too.

Terms and Conditions are my line of work and I can tell you that if T&C's are written in plain english it makes a huge difference as most people will read them and more importantly understand them. You will notice that nowaday insurance companies if they are changing any of the T&C's in their policy they have to write to you and alert you to the specific change. A few years ago they would have just sent you a policy booklet without highlighting the change.

Hokey-doke so!

oh that's interesting.. tell us more.. :)

you reserve the right not to tell us any more if you do not wish to
    It is only boring legal stuff, nothing to get excited about Jonathan.

• Advertisement

edit:your post in Health and Fitness 1 year and 3 months ago:

Oh Jaysus, Greentopia that is what I call a low ball.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement