Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

nobody to hang on a noose tonight, all singing from the same hymn sheet, interesting though it is i'm not overly enthused, call me old-fashioned but i prefer a public lynching to a group rant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

There she is:cool:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Agonist

Doherty was made to leave his post by the IMF/EU? Is that not equivalent to being sacked? Why wasn't he booted out on his arse?
    The comments come after The Irish Times revealed the former managing director of Allied Irish Banks, Colm Doherty, received a pay package of more than €3 million last year after stepping down in November as a condition of the State’s second bailout of the bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The whole thing is sickening .. Another fkn useless report, naming nobody.. blaming everybody.. I never borrowed a penny from the banks, how exactly did I contribute to the boom :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

The whole thing is sickening .. Another fkn useless report, naming nobody.. blaming everybody.. I never borrowed a penny from the banks, how exactly did I contribute to the boom :confused:

I feel the same. The only way to teach the cnuts a lesson would be to take all your money out of AIB and put it in a credit union. Then watch the pigs squeal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Side Show Bob

jimmyw wrote: »
    There she is:cool:.

Niamh as always looks £ucking great, worth staying up for!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭PKen

I generally agree with you. When they say "Everybody", it seems a bit unfair on us Sensible people who didn't over borrow. But there were plenty of "Everybodies" who borrowed silly amounts, never thinking of the consequences of a downturn.
    These are the ones, we'll probably have to bail out, if "Debt Forgiveness" for their Mortgages comes in. During the "Good" years, many of my colleagues and friends thought I was a freak because I was still driving an older (98 Reg) car. By the way, I still have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Niamh as always looks £ucking great, worth staying up for!:)

agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Good line up tonight. Stephen Donnelly, Pat Rabbitte, Mary Lou McDonald, Niall Collins and Aine Kerr. Discussing what we can do to avoid insolvency.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Mary Lou seems to have come straight from the salon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Pat Rabbitte is very boring now that he's in government

• Registered Users Posts: 13,396 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Mary Lou seems to have come straight from the salon.

She wasn't reading the report at the salon.

Vincent treating the FF lad like something he wiped off his shoe.

Mary Lou seems to have come straight from the salon Bingo.

fyp.. :)

hands up who knows who Aine Kerr's husband is ... anyone, anyone?

Aodhán O Riordáin

Are all the TD's married to people in the media??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

nice investigative journalism jonano.

Why doesn't Vinny ask him if Labour's way is Frankfurt's way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

I love the way Vincent fires out those newspaper pages with utter contempt.

nice investigative journalism jonano.

I like to do a comprehensive background check on the women I'm stalking .. ;)

Pat seems to be resigned to not being able to change anything.. Very defeatist tone I'm hearing from him..

Pat seems to be resigned to not being able to change anything.. Very defeatist tone I'm hearing from him..

He really does look like he wants to go home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Only watched a few minutes of the show last night and it brought me right back to the last time Labour were in power. Pat Rabitte - vaguely amusing in opposition - has already become an arrogant, pompous ass since he got his face in the trough. I hate SF with a passion but I think Mary Lou came across much better than Rabitte - probably her hairdo. Even Stephen (Ind.) came across as having a better grip on things while Mad Dog Brawn was up to his usual 'standard'. Unusually, for me, I couldn't take anymore bull**** and switched off before the newspaper section. It's so utterly amateur as to be almost unwatchable as Browne struggles with the 1970's technology to try and enlarge relevant sections from the various papers....I think I'll go back to keeping the TV off after the kids go to bed. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Only watched a few minutes of the show last night and it brought me right back to the last time Labour were in power. Pat Rabitte - vaguely amusing in opposition - has already become an arrogant, pompous ass since he got his face in the trough.

Pat Rabitte was never Labour's strongest politician, he was pompous as their leader when in opposition. But sure before the election both FG and Labour where slow changing their tone to a much more governmental style of PolSpeak also known as GovSpeak which is not unlike CivSerSpeak/ConsultSpeak, which are both interchangeable at times, except during elections when CivSer continue as is and Consults look for PolImagiSpeak such as Change, Hope, More to Do, Get Ireland Working which can be translated into ConsultSpeak as not so much change, play down the hope, **** load to do but sure it will be grand and Ireland's Fecked but hey your in government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Early start for Vinny tonight, on in a minute.

Good topic, and I think it's about time it's been discussed... I wonder are Jim Power and Liz O'Kane watching??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Good topic, and I think it's about time it's been discussed... I wonder are Jim Power and Liz O'Kane watching??

I suspect wherever Liz is hiding her advice is still, never been a better time to buy, a stopped clock and all that.

The conversation is jumping all over the place, from the media bias during the property bubble, we are now back to the substantive issue of bond holders.

By not actually naming and shaming the professional people.. journalists, presenters, writers, editors... this show is about as useful as the Niberg report...

Could he not invite Jim Power on, with the preface that if he doesnt come on to defend the opinions that he gave pre economic collapse then he will never be allowed on the show in the future...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

it wasn't just the property sections in newspapers. what about our national broadcaster's contribution, i'm an adult get me out of here? i remember many an episode where that smug wnaker john mcguire (who was also a mortgage broker, conflict of interest anyone?) harangued young people into buying homes they could barely afford? wonder where they are now?

bluefinger wrote: »
    that smug wnaker john mcguire (who was also a mortgage broker, conflict of interest anyone?) ... wonder where they are now?

He's in serious trouble.. He was on with Brendan O'Connor a few weeks ago.. Was sleeping on somebody's floor from what I remember..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Chnandler Bong

No Vincenzo tonight

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdG0CPKouQ8GzrVUIXtR16PVz-hmEwx4KO-xbz7fch8OlFvOWLcg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

1st class panel tonight.

*awaits Vincent laying into poor Peter Matthews*

Edit: besides laura lennon of course, bet she's Niamh Horan's mojito drinking buddy. Ugh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement