Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Missed tonight's show as I was out for dinner. I'm raging I missed Manseragh. Fair play to him for appearing on the programme so soon after being defeated, he reminds me of Lembit Öpik having to appear on "Have I got news for you" the day after he lost his seat. Did Vincent give him a hard time? Were there any sparks?

Vincent didn't have the heart to tear into him.

At one point he laughed and said "I'm going to miss this man!"

We also had a discussion about what Martin Mansergh wore to his Wedding
    (because SarahMc wanted to talk about the Royal Wedding but Vinny didn't)

Vinny also revealed that the Producer of 'Friday Late' wants it to be a Royal Wedding Special this week, but Vinny said he'd rather have Jedward back.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

SkidMark wrote: »
    Vincent didn't have the heart to tear into him.

At one point he laughed and said "I'm going to miss this man!"

We also had a discussion about what Martin Mansergh wore to his Wedding
    (because SarahMc wanted to talk about the Royal Wedding but Vinny didn't)

Vinny also revealed that the Producer of 'Friday Late' wants it to be a Royal Wedding Special this week, but Vinny said he'd rather have Jedward back.
    Oh, I must Sky+ the repeat show as it sounds funny. Not in to the royals but having said that a local special needs charity are showing the royal wedding on a big screen on Friday morning to raise funds, so as I'm on annual leave I'm definitely attending to support them!

I realise that this is probably in breach of our cease fire agreement (apologies in advance) but Tony Mulcahy (Clare), who narrowly lost on out on a seat for FG in the last general election has been elected to the Seanad this evening, his is a decent guy so I am delighted :D:D

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I realise that this is probably in breach of our cease fire agreement (apologies in advance) but Tony Mulcahy (Clare), who narrowly lost on out on a seat for FG in the last general election has been elected to the Seanad this evening, his is a decent guy so I am delighted :D:D

In the spirit of the ceasefire agreement, I congratulate Tony Mulcahy on his Election (although I've never heard of him, to be honest!)

If you are in a rush tomorrow, the last 10 minutes or so is where it went a bit off the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

gambiaman wrote: »
    I can't imagine anyone with any principles declaring support for anyone associated with FF.
    My understanding is that in this case it's councillors and TDs who are doing the voting i.e. politicians and therefore by definition they are unencumbered by principles. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

In the spirit of the ceasefire agreement, I congratulate Tony Mulcahy on his Election (although I've never heard of him, to be honest!)
    Fair play to you Skid, you're such a gentleman :):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I find it disheartening that a new batch of useless Senators are being re-elected... If Enda Kenny is really going to give the people the chance to get rid of the Seanad, they should have been hired on 1 year contracts.. Even if he does get rid of the Seanad after a year or so in office, all these leeches and Dáil rejects will be lining up for compensation...

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭PKen

.. Even if he does get rid of the Seanad after a year or so in office, all these leeches and Dáil rejects will be lining up for compensation...

Another case in point is the Gardai. You know, the Garda drivers of TDs that are supposed to be getting done away with. The GRA will make sure that every ex-driver retains all allowances. When has a Garda ever lost money? The taxpayer wont save a cent!

Vinny's intro:
    "Tonight, on the basis of several reports, we try unravel how our country was screwed up so comprehensively. How did they do it?"

It's groundhog day again people..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Vinny's intro:
    "Tonight, on the basis of several reports, we try unravel how our country was screwed up so comprehensively. How did they do it?"

It's groundhog day again people..

i don't know whether or not to pay attention this time. is there a test at the end of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Michael Clifford looked like he had been drugged.

• Advertisement

Michael Clifford looked like he had been drugged.

i thought something a bit more cruel!!
    hope there's something there to collect the drool!

contributors Ger Colleran, Mary Murphy, Mick Clifford, and Jill Kirby..

alf.jpg
    Jill Kirby reminds me of the above..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

No one ever uses the phrase "an almighty bollocking" on Primetime. :D

i thought something a bit more cruel!!
    hope there's something there to collect the drool!

Ha, me too, I didn't want to get in trouble. Were you thinking of the r-word too?
    contributors Ger Colleran, Mary Murphy, Mick Clifford, and Jill Kirby..

alf.jpg
    Jill Kirby reminds me of the above..

Nbwn7.png

I think it's about time a focus is put on the department of finance.. I mean how could things actually be worse if we HADNT had a department of finance for the last ten years????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

I can't wait for the break with all this talk of "wee"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Ivana Bacik for Taoiseach?

Is she joking? If you had fifteen women in cabinet, they would have spent half the time bitching about each other... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

Since i have zero interest in politics my oppinion is gtfo the tv as it is the same as that puzzle-game show on tv3 not long ago. Put on a movie or something instead

search%3Fq%3Dbrowne%2Bvincent%2Bfunny%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1R2GGLR_en%26biw%3D1003%26bih%3D557%26site%3Dsearch%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=203&page=2&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:15&tx=56&ty=51

Ha, me too, I didn't want to get in trouble. Were you thinking of the r-word too?

roscommoner?

• Advertisement

"Will you just shut up"... :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

"It's all about idd-eology" indeed. The people in charge were idiots!

A Gerry Ryan glossy magazine?

Fabulous1.jpg

If Vincent was doing commentary on The Royal Wedding, I'd definitely watch it.

His cynicism and complete disinterest of the event is a refreshing change from the general blanket fascination on both RTE and TV3.

well now. that ad for laois blew things right out of the water.

David McSavage is one of the guests tonight.

Don't like him at all.

It starts at 11pm, earlier than usual for a Friday.

That's probably not a bad idea.. After 90 minutes of Tubridy, I'm normally making a noose with a lump of rope and throwing it over one of the rafters anyway..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

David McSavage is one of the guests tonight.

Don't like him at all.

McSavage vs Vinny.

WW3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

at least mcsavage is funnier than noel v ginnity.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

The tweet machine is broken:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement