Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

nummnutts wrote: »
    Is he? :eek:

I like his comedy, but he is out of place on a panel full of semators.

Weirdly enough, he probably has more experience of politics than the lot of them put together.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    He already has been. :confused:

Are you sure that Tubridy was the interviewer and not Pat ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

was a pity that two of our brand "new" senators went into auto defence mode earlier when teachers were criticised :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I dont think I've ever seen such a gratuitously cynical and childishly negative performance on TV as this MacSavage lad.. The man has no solutions to anything, nothing positive to contribute only his own brand of infinite begrudgery..
    Craebear wrote: »
    McSavage is a guy who just doesn't give a damn.

He makes his cousins (The Andrews Brothers) look like beacons of wisdom and good sense by comparison.

McSavage is a nasty, chilidish, impudent, spoilt brat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

The Sinn Féin girl on the other hand is trying to making herself out to be a republican terminator. How did she actually manage to get it onto this anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

telekon wrote: »
    The guy born into the andrews political dynasty is giving out about the royals being born with silver spoons in their mouths. Jesus, give me strength...

Would you respect him more if he was an ordinary Joe Soap? I don't think he will ever overcome the family.

Savage Eye is excellent as he seems to be good when it comes to sketches. However, he is hopeless as an interviewee. His mind just darts around too much

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

to be honest i think the points he has made are very correct but when he says 'im not here to give solutions' he just looks like a muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

ha ha Vinny. nice one!

('have you ever been charming on stage' - then yer woman, 'ever been funny'.

EDIT

oh fuk, he's separated. the man has been heading towards a crash for some time. ah well)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭windsurfer99ie

Corsendonk wrote: »
    I think his cousin would have a ****e attack if he was, McSavage would really go for him to prove that he is takes the piss out of anyone.

OMG "The English celebrate that accident of birth, the pagentry. We Irish celebrate achievement, teams winning"

How simplistic, how crass, how embarrassing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Ally Dick wrote: »

Remember him on with pat. Very unfunny and coked out of his head. Find him ok now though in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Has been on with Pat a few times but have never seen him on with Tubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,396 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

McSavage is enjoying winding them up!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

jaysus MacSavage, I can't keep up with him at all. Hapes a tangents he keeps going off on!
    bless the 22 year old..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Somebody just tweeted "Jesus... Macsavage is having a Charlie Sheen moment on with Vincent Browne".. I think he might be right..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Corkfeen wrote: »
    The Sinn Féin girl on the other hand is trying to making herself out to be a republican terminator. How did she actually manage to get it onto this anyway?

There has never been a better time to be a young, reasonably good looking, Republican with no questionable family background.

Sinn Fein want to draw a line under the past, and get people on TV panels who were still in National School when the IRA were active.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Molzer2

John Crown must be saying never again on Vincents show

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

love Vinny's prompt close to the show there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Vincent's face at the end said it all. He is seriously considering giving up the "light entertainment" Friday night I'm sure. Whoever booked McSavage and Jedward will be sacked

• Advertisement

phew. its over.

if the TV world has any kind of heart, they'll avoid McSavage for the next two years or so.

if they haven't...twouldbe very cruel exploitation of this unhinged individual unhappy man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

Best part of show Vincent cuts of woman at end talking about her daughter and David claps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

This is actually becoming rather worrying. McSavage appears to have had a mental breakdown of some variety. "Generally, I am brilliant. I'm really funny. I'm really funny." While the other guests ignore him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Molzer2 wrote: »
    John Crown must be saying never again on Vincents show

Is that who that was on the end saying nothing? Turned on late and didn't see him earlier.
    Now i'm annoyed at McSavage for acting the prick/monopolising the bit of the programme i did see.
    Crown is usually worth listening to.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MoneyMilo

How cheesy is the jingle during the credits.. it's like some dunbelievables sketch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

MoneyMilo wrote: »
    How cheesy is the jingle during the credits.. it's like some dunbelievables sketch

Soounds like Daytime tv or a morning show

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

This is actually becoming rather worrying. McSavage appears to have had a mental breakdown of some variety. "Generally, I am brilliant. I'm really funny. I'm really funny." While the other guests ignore him.

That's his shtick. He knows what he's doing; just looking for a reaction.

well, that was the point he actually regained his sanity for a moment - ie self depreciation - almost humility.

but i've seen this before, hope he takes it easy for a while, gets some rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

I dont think I've ever seen such a gratuitously cynical and childishly negative performance on TV as this MacSavage lad.. The man has no solutions to anything, nothing positive to contribute only his own brand of infinite begrudgery..

Reminds me of The Late Late Show thread...

McSavage loves to walk all over those who won't stand up to him - he's a narcissistic bully. He also seems to be going through a break-up and has decided to deal with it in his usual confrontational way. I think he has suffered serious psychological damage which has resulted in an inability to feel happiness or empathy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Vincent's face at the end said it all. He is seriously considering giving up the "light entertainment" Friday night I'm sure. Whoever booked McSavage and Jedward will be sacked

McSavage seemed to be trying to top Jedward for pissing off Vincent. My dream line up would be Martin Mansergh, Jedward, McSavage, Dustin the Turkey and that Lunatic woman that Kenny had on his radio show during the election that seems to love Enda Kenny or maybe Joan Bruton with a half a bottle of vodka in her.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement