Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

How did K.Reilly, the young SF girl come across?

I voted for her, in the elections earlier this year. Shame she missed out by a few hundred votes and the FF parish pump continued....:rolleyes:

I was going to watch, liked her point by Cavan U21s, hehe, but that utter gob****e McCabbage made me switch off.....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

SkidMark wrote: »
    David McSavage and Vincent Browne seriously dislike each other.

There is barely a pretence of civility in their arguments.
    naw, don't think so.

i think Dave respect Vinny quite a lot, and visa versa , but tonight, not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Molzer2

ascanbe wrote: »
    Is that who that was on the end saying nothing? Turned on late and didn't see him earlier.
    Now i'm annoyed at McSavage for acting the prick/monopolising the bit of the programme i did see.
    Crown is usually worth listening to.

Crown is well worth lisening to, I'm not sure the same can be said about Vincent's show though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

@DB10 i would be a sinn feiner but, she came across quite poorly, only because she wasnt used to being questioned in some detail on tv i would say

DB10 wrote: »

very well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Corsendonk wrote: »
    McSavage seemed to be trying to top Jedward for pissing off Vincent. My dream line up would be Martin Mansergh, Jedward, McSavage, Dustin the Turkey and that Lunatic woman that Kenny had on his radio show during the election that seems to love Enda Kenny or maybe Joan Bruton with a half a bottle of vodka in her.

I love your choices. This guy is a necessity as well

1111_man_indo_410373t.jpg

alan_obrien.jpg

McSavage seemed to be trying to top Jedward for pissing off Vincent. My dream line up would be Martin Mansergh, Jedward, McSavage, Dustin the Turkey and that Lunatic woman that Kenny had on his radio show during the election that seems to love Enda Kenny or maybe Joan Bruton with a half a bottle of vodka in her.
    yeah, she's hard to take. i think she's a psychologist believe it or not.

anybody know if she is?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

ArtSmart wrote: »

anybody know if she is?

You dont mean mary louise o donnell do you?

telekon wrote: »
    You dont mean mary louise o donnell do you?
    i think that's her. glasses, black hair, crazy eyes...

I think McSavage is trying to copy the master John Lydon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I think McSavage is trying to copy the master John Lydon

To compare those two men is nothing short of heresy.

i think that's her. glasses, black hair, crazy eyes...
    googled her. just a regular thespian...

naw, don't think so.

i think Dave respect Vinny quite a lot, and visa versa , but tonight, not good.

I think it's mostly down to Vincent being too tired for a Friday show, and also McSavage being in a contrary mood tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭blarney_boy

crazy teeth . . .

but seriously what's with all the mcsavage hate, I thought he was the best thing on the program, this is car crash tv we're watching, if we just had the seanad politicians it would just end up in a smug fest (I love poor people, no I love poor people more than you do, hey I love teachers and public sector workers etc.) at least mcsavage broke up the cosy consensus, sorry to heard that he's split with the wife but that's showiz I guess.

p.s. I'm slightly inebriated but that does not make my opinions any less valid!

SkidMark wrote: »
    To compare those two men is nothing short of heresy.

Very similar deadpan confrontational style. Lydon is far funnier though

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I think it's mostly down to Vincent being too tired for a Friday show, and also McSavage being in a contrary mood tonight

Pity on him. Its recorded in the middle of the day. He was probably watching it in his local with a pint of porter. Hence the 'broken' tweet machine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

DB10 wrote: »

I thought she was poor... SOMEBODY needed to just tell MacSavage straight: "we're doing our best to contribute something to society, if you think you can do better put yourself or your ideas forward.... else stfu".. But nobody seemed prepared to do this..

I was disapointed in Reilly.... I thought she was far too pleasant and "nice".. also, I'm sure her statement "I'm not really a politician" will haunt her as well... there is no way that MacSavage would have got off this lightly for his pontificating if fellow shinner Pearse Doherty was on the show.. Doherty would have gone through him for a shortcut..

I thought she was poor... SOMEBODY needed to just tell MacSavage straight: "we're doing our best to contribute something to society, if you think you can do better put yourself or your ideas forward.... else stfu".. But nobody seemed prepared to do this..

I was disapointed in Reilly.... I thought she was far too pleasant and "nice".. also, I'm sure her statement "I'm not really a politician" will haunt her as well... there is no way that MacSavage would have got off this lightly for his pontificating if fellow shinner Pearse Doherty was on the show.. Doherty would have gone through him for a shortcut..

Plus you fancy her...

Missed the start of VB tonight so just played it on tape. I thought it was quite nasty of Vincent to open his show tonight with "David McSavage, a comedian - I hope. David, are you a comedian ?". Not very nice really. I can now understand McSavage's ire a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

telekon wrote: »
    Plus you fancy her...

lol... I'll need a citation for that .. (I may have been drunk if I posted that)..

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

I see what you mean, I myself wouldnt watch because McSavage is such a gob****e. Though it should be Vincents job to keep him in check.

I think shes a promising politician, and to be fair to her I'd say that is the first time shes been on tv in such spotlight she'll get even better eventually. She's young for politics, and attractive .:D

I can see her being in the next Dail anyway. The Seanad may not be upto much but I'm happy to see she got something for her hard work.

lol... I'll need a citation for that .. (I may have been drunk if I posted that)..

Chances are you were... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

anybody know if she is?

I presume that ye are referring to Marie Louise O'Donnell.

1224279354270_1.jpg

She is an lecturer in communications in Dublin City University.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

I didn't know who Mac Savage and the others were but my son came home
    and got me up to speed on who they are.
    As for Mac Savage if you need to tell the panel that you are funny then you
    are doing something wrong.

I don't know what it is about Vincent but I would watch him interview a
    barking dog.:)

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I presume that ye are referring to Mary Louise O'Donnell.

1224279354270_1.jpg

She is an lecturer in communcations in Dublin City University.

She wrecks my head. Pat Kenny loves her and always has her on his radio show for her amusing anecdotes, which are always very OTT and strange

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

that show lasy night was awful, mainly because of mcsavage.

it wasnt about him yet he acted if it was. he interrupted people, belittled them, was rude and loud. yet he had no answers to any questions put to him.

if he is ever on a talk show again i will be turning off straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

CatFromHue wrote: »
    that show lasy night was awful, mainly because of mcsavage.

it wasnt about him yet he acted if it was. he interrupted people, belittled them, was rude and loud. yet he had no answers to any questions put to him.
    if he is ever on a talk show again i will be turning off straight away.

Potential FF Taoiseach then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I presume that ye are referring to Mary Louise O'Donnell.

1224279354270_1.jpg

She is an lecturer in communcations in Dublin City University.

Thats the one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

McSavage must be one of the unfunniest people in Ireland today. And pig-ignorant too. Is he the 'comedian' who kept getting punched on Grafton Street and Temple Bar by people being offended that he was calling them paedophiles (when they were walking with their children)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

McSavage must be one of the unfunniest people in Ireland today. And pig-ignorant too. Is he the 'comedian' who kept getting punched on Grafton Street and Temple Bar by people being offended that he was calling them paedophiles (when they were walking with their children)?
    I really think that McSavage seems very troubled at the moment, a sort of tortured soul almost. I ended up feeling sorry for the poor fe*ker last night even though he was behaving like a spoilt brat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement