Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mispelling

He was so so so bad. If you watch it again you can see his whole demeanour change from being confident i.e. his arms resting behind him and trying to make eye contact with the camera, to turning into nothing. He started to physically crumple. I could see there was an additional awkwardness between him and prof Crown, when the girl said something like 'are you ever funny' McSavage did a fake laugh and looked ridiculous, then Crown nearly burst out laughing and David said 'you, well you'. It was ironic that near the end he talked about comedians bombing, iv'e seen bombing before but last night he bombed like Hiroshima. You have to feel somewhat sorry, however he probably is a bully in real life outside of his 'act'. Iv'e recorded it on sky and i'm protecting this mo fo so it never gets deleted. That was one of the most awkward yet entertaining pieces of t.v iv'e seen in a long time. I cant wait until he's on the t.v again, please let him on more shows, Cringe at it's Best!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Molzer2 wrote: »
    John Crown must be saying never again on Vincents show

crown never turned down an opportunity to stick his gob in front of a microphone yet , loves the sound of his own voice

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

irishh_bob wrote: »
    crown never turned down an opportunity to stick his gob in front of a microphone yet , loves the sound of his own voice
    I used to be a big fan of John Crown, I thought he used to talk alot of sense particularly when he hightlighted the amount of waste there was in the HSE etc. He was one of the first to be critical of the amount of money the HSE were spending on PR for their former CEO, Professor Drumm. It was a brave thing to do when your employed by them.

However, I was very disappointed when he chose to contribute to the TV3 news report that broke the news that Brian Lenihan had cancer (on Stephen's Day 2009). I thought that was very insensitive.

Having said all that, if I was unfortunate enough to need an oncologist, he is a man I'd definitely be looking up. I've only ever heard very postive reports about him in respect of his medical work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I used to be a big fan of John Crown, I thought he used to talk alot of sense particularly when he hightlighted the amount of waste there was in the HSE etc. He was one of the first to be critical of the amount of money the HSE were spending on PR for their former CEO, Professor Drumm. It was a brave thing to do when your employed by them.

However, I was very disappointed when he chose to contribute to the TV3 news report that broke the news that Brian Lenihan had cancer (on Stephen's Day 2009). I thought that was very insensitive.

Having said all that, if I was unfortunate enough to need an oncologist, he is a man I'd definitely be looking up. I've only ever heard very postive reports about him in respect of his medical work.

in respone to your second paragraph , crown never refuses an opportunity to stick his gob in front of a mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 pastylegs

irishh_bob wrote: »
    in respone to your second paragraph , crown never refuses an opportunity to stick his gob in front of a mike

We heard you the first time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Yikes, looks like a whole show of a pre-recorded interview with Leo Vradkar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Usually when they have a pre-recorded interview, they come back in to the studio to discuss it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Usually when they have a pre-recorded interview, they come back in to the studio to discuss it...

hope so. i need my current affairs and rage fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Yikes, looks like a whole show of a pre-recorded interview with Leo Vradkar.

Really? It's boring so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Jesus... Did Vinney stick his fingers in a plug socket!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Predator_

lol nice1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭jaffa20

His eyebrows are getting bigger alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

The first thing that i thought of when i saw varadkar was that Vincent is going to interview every minister one on one, might me a good idea . I think this suits Vincent more and maybe the Friday night show should be given over to one on one interviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Has anyone ever seen leo and lucinda in the same room together? They talk the same (****e) and their faces even look similar...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Predator_

two boring men on tonight zzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

Can anyone tell me whether leo is the youngest minister ever? I cant think of one but i am relatively young

sounds like he's wrapping up here

Jaysus, .. Lyons done up to the nyons

well done obama, you made a martyr.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

She's tasty enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I honestly wouldn't have expected this panel to be so negative of the Osama thing..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

I wonder was Osamas young wife a hottie?

Bit pointless them discussing this issue in depth, when they are not experts on the topic...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Bit pointless them discussing this issue in depth, when they are not experts on the topic...

Not pointless at all for non-experts to discuss stuff.. if they didn't; then the only discussions taking place would be from other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Busty...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Niamh Lyons is a stunning looking woman:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,392 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I honestly wouldn't have expected this panel to be so negative of the Osama thing..

I think it's about time someone called it murder. I'm no Osama supporter, but this was state sponsored murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Sharkey 10 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me whether leo is the youngest minister ever? I cant think of one but i am relatively young

You may have to go back to the First Dail as they were all quite young.

Charlie Haughey and Bertie Ahearn where in their 30s

I feel sick.

Brian Cowen was .....

10/01/1960 became Minister 11/02/1992 making him 32, 1 month and 1 day

Leo

18/01/1979 became Minister 9/03/2011 making him 32 and 2 months (23 days in Jan, 28 in Feb and 9 in March)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Was it just me or did Vincent Browne just use his show to put out a personal-related death notice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Finally.

Someone speaking non-pinko sense.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement