Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I agree with Jim about the famine.

Ally Dick wrote: »
    When he was Minister For Health, he tried to bring them in to chemists on general sale. There was war at the time. Much ado about nothing by today's standards
    Surely what was a very responsible thing to do at the time. He was Minister for Health in the 80's which was about the sametime that AIDS first come to our attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Enda probably reckons that Senator Norris will get the Presidency, and Marie Louise is the perfect replacement. He is probably right

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Jim Corr disgracefully hushed up while speaking about the famine to let the other panellsts stay licking the queens arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Jim? I thought that was Woody Harrelson!

great jacket mind.

ahh, to be rich and full of madness AND to get to be on telly.

money.

ye gotta love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Surely what was a very responsible thing to do at the time. He was Minister for Health in the 80's which was about the sametime that AIDS first come to our attention.

Thats the good old catholic church for ya.

i wonder what Jim is thinking? I reckon is just a major troll winding people up...

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

Jim Corr disgracefully hushed up while speaking about the famine to let the other panellsts stay licking the queens arse.

I'd love to hear more from Jim, but in fairness it's a quite a different topic to the conversation they are having (as VB pointed out). And he still let him make his point.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

dapto1 wrote: »
    I'd love to hear more from Jim, but in fairness it's a quite a different topic to the conversation they are having (as VB pointed out). And he still let him make his point.

No he didnt he cut him off twice.

Why are they making such a big deal about the Queen's cupla focal when Pope John Paul II frequently addressed countries in their respective languages.

cant wathc this though. Four aul Biddy's salivating in unison.

arghhh

• Advertisement

I quite agree. Would have saved me a lot of embarrassment, if he had gotten his way :D

No he didnt he cut him off twice.

:confused: He started to make the point, then VB explained that it was a little off topic, then let him finish the point. Then nobody really said anything so they moved on. Not exactly cutting him off.

bauld Barrett (the other one) wiht psycho man on LLS

:confused: He started to make the point, then VB explained that it was a little off topic, then let him finish the point. Then nobody really said anything so they moved on. Not exactly cutting him off.

Poor Jim. He's always cut off at the pass, as being off topic !

baldbear wrote: »
    Thats the good old catholic church for ya.

i wonder what Jim is thinking? I reckon is just a major troll winding people up...
    I remember a nun trying to suspend me from school in the 90's when I told her she was being irresponsible for advising us that it was against the churches teaching us to use condoms and we would be committing a sin etc. I was a "good" student so my parents were called to the Principal's Office in to explain my "appalling behaviour". My parents backed me 100% and I have to say I was thrilled with them, it was an unpopular thing to do at the time.

This is awful back-slapping nonsense. Let Jim do his thang!

This is awful back-slapping nonsense. Let Jim do his thang!

No point in having Jim on if you won't let him go off on rants about his conspiracy theories

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'd say Jim will have something to say about the Strauss-Kahn/IMF thing

I remember a nun trying to suspend me from school in the 90's when I told her she was being irresponsible for advising us that it was against the churches teaching us to use condoms and we would be committing a sin etc. I was a "good" student so my parents were called to the Principal's Office in to explain my "appalling behaviour". My parents backed me 100% and I have to say I was thrilled with them, it was an unpopular thing to do at the time.
    the 90's . amazing. they'd have been slapped around in court.

luckily though if a nun is raped she's allowed to use the morning after pill - as was the case in Latin America.

handy bit of flexibility that.

I'd say Jim will have something to say about the Strauss-Kahn/IMF thing
    Em, isn't Jim, em, you know - quite insane?

or am i reading him wrong?

• Advertisement

ArtSmart wrote: »

He's like David Icke. He looks quite sensible. The words coming out of his mouth sound reasonable enough....until you review what he is saying. Then you realises that his theories are completely bonkers

ArtSmart wrote: »

Some of the best minds in history belonged to insane people =p

But yeah, he's a bit out-there alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Be interesting to hear if Jim thinks DSK thing is a conspiracy

Some of the best minds in history belonged to insane people =p

But yeah, he's a bit out-there alright!
    Insane??? Surely you mean people will some mental health difficulties.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

A DSK conspiracy doesn't fit with Jim's narrative so he's not so forceful in his convictions about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Amazing that drum kits never came with a mental health warning..

Be interesting to hear if Jim thinks DSK thing is a conspiracy
    Conspiracy? Jim?

Well I suppose it's possible....

That was rubbish. The rest of the panel we're just waffling on, and Jim didn't get involved at all.

Insane??? Surely you mean people will some mental health difficulties.

I was only responding to what ArtSmart said.. wasn't really trying to suggest that anyone was clinically insane =p

• Advertisement

This Friday night programme is really losing its appeal. I'd love to see Jedward make an appearance before Vinny goes on his summer holidays.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement