Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Well since Jim didn't get around to mentioning it, here's an interesting article which might get your conspiracy glands going -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/feb/10/imf-boss-calls-for-world-currency

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

dapto1 wrote: »
    That was rubbish. The rest of the panel we're just waffling on, and Jim didn't get involved at all.
    wonder was his comments true? did Strauss-K mention a possible 'honey trap'.
    as for the French opp knowing what happened, i'm sure other in political office were told also.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I was only responding to what ArtSmart said.. wasn't really trying to suggest that anyone was clinically insane =p
    Vincent Van Gogh was someone who had significant mental health problems but the man was a creative genuis.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    This Friday night programme is really losing its appeal. I'd love to see Jedward make an appearance before Vinny goes on his summer holidays.
    I dunno, Jedward are a bit like Sherbert. at first there's a sugary hit, but soonafter the nausea comes ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Jim devalues his legitimate questions about 9/11 ... some of which I have myself... by assuming that there is a conspiracy behind everything..

As was said last week, I'm not sure how long Vincent can keep this Friday night pre record show running.. RTE seem to have extended the Late Late deliberately to overlap and effectively kill off his first half hour... I think the best thing TV3 could do is to schedule it to begin when the Late Late finishes.. it's pre record so it wont affect their ability to get guests anyway..

• Advertisement

ArtSmart wrote: »
    I dunno, Jedward are a bit like Sherbert. at first there's a sugary hit, but soonafter the nausea comes ...
    I reckon most people watching Vinny B on a Friday night would agree that the show they appeared on was by far the funniest and most entertaining show of the (fri night) series.

I reckon most people watching Vinny B on a Friday night would agree that the show they appeared on was by far the funniest and most entertaining show of the (fri night) series.
    for sure, i was watching it.

but after a time they do strain one's tolerance.

(one=me)

Vincent Van Gogh was someone who had significant mental health problems but the man was a creative genuis.
    yes, but could he play drums?

;)

edit - come to think of it Van Gogh only had one drum

ear drum that is....

Jim devalues his legitimate questions about 9/11 ... some of which I have myself... by assuming that there is a conspiracy behind everything..

As was said last week, I'm not sure how long Vincent can keep this Friday night pre record show running.. RTE seem to have extended the Late Late deliberately to overlap and effectively kill off his first half hour... I think the best thing TV3 could do is to schedule it to begin when the Late Late finishes.. it's pre record so it wont affect their ability to get guests anyway..
    Jonathan, It was TV3 who changed the time to 11pm. Originally the programme started between 11:20 and 11:30. Give it another couple of weeks and Vinny will be on his summer holidays.

I agree that the best time to start the show would be directly following the LLS. TV3 seem to be anxious to show a late film though I can't see them change Vinny's time slot.

for sure, i was watching it.

but after a time they do strain one's tolerance.

(one=me)
    I think that you are turning in to a fossil Art, you need to shake out of it before it takes hold. Let me recommend the following to help aid your recovery :D

• Advertisement

I think that you are turning in to a fossil Art, you need to shake out of it before it takes hold. Let me recommend the following to help aid your recovery :D

turning? already there.

mad thing is i couldnt get their damn song outta my head a few days ago. crazy annoying. the song writers must have studied paleontology or something.

anyhow, wrecked. nite all

turning? already there.

mad thing is i couldnt get their damn song outta my head a few days ago. crazy annoying. the song writers must have studied paleontology or something.

anyhow, wrecked. nite all
    Wrecked at 12:16, you're right you're officially a "Senior". Take care old man, Talk to you next week :)

Jonathan, It was TV3 who changed the time to 11pm. Originally the programme started between 11:20 and 11:30. Give it another couple of weeks and Vinny will be on his summer holidays.

Assuming you mean Tubridy, MrsD... I've thought about it too.. With the LLS off the air for the Summer, it could be a chance for Vinny to get a foothold of the post 11pm Friday night time slot... RTE seemed to have deliberately upped their game .. i.e. leaving good guests til late, including the McCanns.. to blow VB out of the water... But with the LLS off the air for the Summer they wont be able to do this..

Assuming you mean Tubridy, MrsD... I've thought about it too.. With the LLS off the air for the Summer, it could be a chance for Vinny to get a foothold of the post 11pm Friday night time slot... RTE seemed to have deliberately upped their game .. i.e. leaving good guests til late, including the McCanns.. to blow VB out of the water... But with the LLS off the air for the Summer they wont be able to do this..
    No, Vinny will be heading off on his holidays very soon too but he will probably have guest hosts presenting the Mon - Thurs show while he is away. Last year, we had Sam Smyth, Gerard Colleran, Ivan Yates, Sarah Carey for the summer.

I heard a rumour that Gaybo was being given a Friday night slot (on RTE) for the summer, it would be great if it was true.

I heard a rumour that Gaybo was being given a Friday night slot

I thought he was gonna be on Saturday's but it's true, it will be Friday nights.. but it will be pre record...

http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/gay-byrne-to-get-new-friday-night-show-on-rte-118631-Apr2011/
    GAY BYRNE, FOR 37-years the host of the Late Late Show, will return to Irish television screens every Friday for six weeks this summer, according to a newspaper report today.

The Irish Mail on Sunday says that the 76-year-old broadcaster will host a new RTÉ music and chat show entitled ‘For One Night Only’ which will in fact run for six nights over a six-week period in July and August.

The programmes will be pre-recorded and filming will begin shortly, the paper reports, adding that the guests for the programmes are yet to be finalised and RTÉ have not officially confirmed the programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I thought he was gonna be on Saturday's but it's true, it will be Friday nights.. but it will be pre record...

http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/gay-byrne-to-get-new-friday-night-show-on-rte-118631-Apr2011/

Seems that they are extending the run of the show he hosted with Westlife at Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

yeah but it is possible to be mad as a baloon and have zero talent aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Today, Enda Kenny nominated Marie Louise O'Donnell to the Seanad.

otherwise known as the eoghan harris award for service rendered to leader

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 graham crosbie

saw sarah on late late show last night she has lovely legs

• Registered Users Posts: 13,388 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Vincent Browne will be presenting coverage of the funeral of Garret Fitzgerald on TV3.

• Advertisement

Vincent is has an extended programme tonight. On air until 12:30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

Vincent is has an extended programme tonight. On air until 12:30.

Will it be extended for adverts or content.;)

He said something about Obama coded message.?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

looking for panelists?!! more importantly females!

go on MrsD!!

Dodd wrote: »
    Will it be extended for adverts or content.;)

He said something about Obama coded message.?
    12:30 really means they will be finishing at 12:22 and there will be adverts until 12:30. I'm a bit p1ssed off with Vincent, we will all end up on prozac if he persists with this coded message sh1te. Can we be happy for just one day? :(

looking for panelists?!! more importantly females!

go on MrsD!!
    I'd only go on if I could sit beside "The Count" and my makeup and lighting was better than Aine Kerr and Niamh Lyons. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

12:30 really means they will be finishing at 12:22 and there will be adverts until 12:30. I'm a bit p1ssed off with Vincent, we will all end up on prozac if he persists with this coded message sh1te. Can we be happy for just one day? :(

I agree

There's some truth in what he said about Obama not offering us anything concrete - but he could wait until at least tomorrow to focus on the negatives of today - lots of positives he could discuss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Enda Kenny is the real winner of the last week - He has come across as statesmanlike, charismatic and passionate.

The failed Fine Gael heave was less than a year ago - seems like a lot longer.

SkidMark wrote: »
    Enda Kenny is the real winner of the last week - He has come across as statesmanlike, charismatic and passionate.

I never thought that the words "statesmanlike, charismatic and passionate" would ever be used in the same sentence as Enda Kenny but I'm delighted to have been proved wrong.

The failed heave was definitely the making of him as it was first time that public got to see him in "stand up and fight" mode. I also thought that there was huge credit due to him for moving on and not holding a grudge against those involved in the heave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

SkidMark wrote: »

Small things he could have done better, body language, legs crossed the wrong way in the press room Farmleigh, Speech in Collage green a bit too long.

• Advertisement

Thought Kenny was rigid this morning, terrified of making a mistake.. His speech this evening was over the top, sounded like he was giving the half time talk to a junior hurling team..

However, given that just over one year ago he had been under huge pressure following a gaffe on the LLS about why FG wouldnt go in to Government with Sinn Féin, George Lee leaving the party, a leadership challenge from Bruton, website being hacked.. The wheels looked like they were seriously coming off the wagon.... And he certainly has done a great job to steady the ship, leading them in to Government, almost getting a majority...

Really annoyed that he nominated dramatic windbag Mary Louise O'Donnell to the Seanad though..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement