Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I also thought that there was huge credit due to him for moving on and not holding a grudge against those involved in the heave.

He has sidelined a few of his former Front Benchers who went against him - like Denis Naughten and Billy Timmins

However,all the high profile rebels were kept 'in the tent', as either Senior or Junior ministers, albeit in lesser roles than they would have had if they kept their mouths shut last year.

As you say, he earned a lot of respect from how he dealt with that and hasn't looked back.

Vincent wants to talk about US foreign policy - I'm really not in the humour for it, to be honest. Definitely not until 12.30am

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Morrissey on Vincent Browne?

Thought Kenny was rigid this morning, terrified of making a mistake.. His speech this evening was over the top, sounded like he was giving the half time talk to a junior hurling team..

I thought he sounded great this evening.

Nice to hear a bit of passion for a change.

Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I think that Fionnuala Kenny is a major asset to Enda, she was the first female press secretary in the Dáil (she was working for Haughey when she met Enda) so she is quite experienced, well known and is liked in political circles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

aw .. niamh is cute..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Great Woman, and well he knows it.

Thought Kenny was rigid this morning, terrified of making a mistake.. His speech this evening was over the top, sounded like he was giving the half time talk to a junior hurling team..

However, given that just over one year ago he had been under huge pressure following a gaffe on the LLS about why FG wouldnt go in to Government with Sinn Féin, George Lee leaving the party, a leadership challenge from Bruton, website being hacked.. The wheels looked like they were seriously coming off the wagon.... And he certainly has done a great job to steady the ship, leading them in to Government, almost getting a majority...

Really annoyed that he nominated dramatic windbag Marie Louise O'Donnell to the Seanad though..
    I was very annoyed on Friday when I heard about Marie Louise's appointment as she has spent months ass licking on radio and tv. However, he has nominated her to education panel and she has been a Communications Lecturer in UCD for over thiry years so at least she is qualified for the role.

Vincent didn't deliver that 'Barack To The Future' line very well.

I suspect he isn't a Marty McFly fan.

Does anyone who how Giggs name ended up in the papers, I thought he had taken out a super injunction ?? I knew he had been mentioned on Twitter but I thought the super injuction covered newpapers, tv and radio. :confused::confused:

However, he has nominated her to education panel and she has been a Communications Lecturer in UCD for over thiry years so at least she is qualified for the role.

BECAUSE she was on the radio gushing about him before and after the elections, he should have deliberately disqualified her from his nominations... Now it just looks like she is being rewarded.. I mean I'm sure she already pull a substantial amount of money out of the state, and now she's getting an extra 70k... What value for money do we get from these academics?????

• Advertisement

Does anyone who how Giggs name ended up in the papers, I thought he had taken out a super injunction ?? I knew he had been mentioned on Twitter but I thought the super injuction covered newpapers, tv and radio. :confused::confused:

A Scottish Newspaper showed his face on the front page, and named him yesterday (Sunday)

Scotland has a distinct legal system and Giggs should have applied there for a similar injunction.

Then an MP named him in parliament today, that was widely reported under Parliamentary privilege and the game was up.

I see that Martin Mcalesse is not going to take his wages( new Senator) from the Irish taxpayer until his wife has finished her term as President. I haven't herd any of the other nominees being as patriotic although very well payed.

BECAUSE she was on the radio gushing about him before and after the elections, he should have deliberately disqualified her from his nominations... Now it just looks like she is being rewarded.. I mean I'm sure she already pull a substantial amount of money out of the state, and now she's getting an extra 70k... What value for money do we get from these academics?????
    It feels alot like the Eoghan Harris' appointment but as I say at least she is well qualified to sit on the education panel.

Did you hear Obama say he had a sneaky pint in Shannon at a stopover on the way to Afghanistan some time back?

They kept that one quiet, surprised it didn't leak out before. (that he was here briefly, not that he had a pint)

SkidMark wrote: »
    A Scottish Newspaper showed his face on the front page, and named him yesterday (Sunday)

Scotland has a distinct legal system and Giggs should have applied there for a similar injunction.

Then an MP named him in parliament today, that was widely reported under Parliamentary privilege and the game was up.
    Thanks for that Skid. I'm not a soccer fan but I remember when I was at school he was very popular in our all girls school. I always got the impression that he had a squeaky clean reputation smiliar to Linekar (maybe I'm wrong). I hate the use of super injunctions :( The rich think they can buy their way out of everything.

Did you hear Obama say he had a sneaky pint in Shannon at a stopover on the way to Afghanistan some time back?

They kept that one quiet, surprised it didn't leak out before. (that he was here briefly, not that he had a pint)
    When I heard that first, I was more upset that he might be saying that the Offaly pint was better than the Clare pint. He quickly clarified things though. What a relief :D

A bit of friction between the girls tonight.

Thanks for that Skid. I'm not a soccer fan but I remember when I was at school he was very popular in our all girls school. I always got the impression that he had a squeaky clean reputation smiliar to Linekar (maybe I'm wrong). I hate the use of super injunctions :( The rich think they can buy their way out of everything.

Lineker was only squeaky clean on the pitch. he dumped his wife for that Danielle Buxton one.

Gary Lineker's wife was granted a 'quickie' divorce yesterday after claiming the Match of the Day host caused her stress and anxiety.
    The couple's 20-year marriage was dissolved in 70 seconds.
    A judge accepted that their relationship had irretrievably broken down because of Gary Lineker's 'unreasonable behaviour'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-398608/Linekers-20-year-marriage-70-seconds.html#ixzz1NDl39u3M

Giggs used to go out with Dani Behr (the presenter) years ago but he generally keeps a low profile. Shame it's because of lawyers he had the low profile!

Oval balls good.

Round balls bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

enjoyed tonight, Vinny listened for a change. v good panel

• Advertisement

Lineker was only squeaky clean on the pitch. he dumped his wife for that Danielle Buxton one.

[/COLOR]
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-398608/Linekers-20-year-marriage-70-seconds.html#ixzz1NDl39u3M
    [/LEFT]

Giggs used to go out with Dani Behr (the presenter) years ago but he generally keeps a low profile. Shame it's because of lawyers he had the low profile!
    I have no issues with someone having an affair, that is a matter for them and their family. However, I do have a problem with hypocrites like Chris De Burgh, Ronan Keating and Tiger Woods who were making a fortune from portraying the happy family man image to the world.

However, I do have a problem with hypocrites like Chris De Burgh, Ronan Keating and Tiger Woods who were making a fortune from portraying the happy family man image to the world.

Yeah, I bought a Nintendo DS Lite for a friend of mine, after seeing how happy it supposedly made Keating and his family... Now I'm worried he's gonna shag a dancer.. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Yeah, I bought a Nintendo DS Lite for a friend of mine, after seeing how happy it supposedly made Keating and his family... Now I'm worried he's gonna shag a dancer.. :mad:

I bought a Nintendo DS Lite for myself .... now I am worried I won't shag a dancer :(

A panel of man hating feminists... boring..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

oh god, kill me now...how do these misandrists get away with such bs, i pity the poor guy on the panel...still he is the only one talkign sense yet he'll be drowned out by the cackling groupthink hysteria of the ladies around him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

All men are b*astards.......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,388 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

donfers wrote: »
    oh god, kill me now...how do these misandrists get away with such bs, i pity the poor guy on the panel...still he is the only one talkign sense yet he'll be drowned out by the cackling groupthink hysteria of the ladies around him

They seem to be talking a lot of sense to me. Perhaps you should listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

Ah I think the women are all right. Maybe one is doing the propaganda bit.

Was pretty shocked about the "impudence" remark. Hadn't heard that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,388 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

baldbear wrote: »
    All men are b*astards.......

Is that meant to be a joke?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

After her ridiculous misandrist rant not so long ago, are we supposed to believe McKay is a 'serious' contributor again?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement