Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Bit insensitive of Vinny to focus in on Mick's wrinkles given the pressure that the man must be under..

Said he with tear in the eye, piognant music playing. Don't think Mick could give a builders crack about his wrinkles or botox, He is a good fella, hard working and giving to his local community. Pity he over stretched and the banks turned their backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Mick Wallace is the type of developer that so many people get angry about and yet a few people love him after his appearance tonight. Strange aul country!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Used to see him 12 + years ago flying up and down the quays on a digger trowing shovels and picks to the lads, loads of encouragement and off again to another gang up the road like a teenager. The man worked hard, thus the slogan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Mick Wallace is the type of developer that so many people get angry about and yet a few people love him after his appearance tonight. Strange aul country!

It's unfortunate we always seem to be at loggerheads.. however I again disagree with your analysis.. I think Mick Wallace should not be lumped in to the general "developer" category.. he wasnt flaunting his wealth, he pumped personal money in to good causes (money that he could probably do with now), he didnt buy trophy properties like Ray Grehan and his ilk, he put personal guarantees behind the business, and he stayed here .. he didnt take flights like a lot of the former "hero" property developers..

Terrible to think that he may be made bankrupt and have to give up his seat.. It always seems like there's an "out" for people of no moral character.. I mean Beverly Flynn should have been bankrupted during the last Dáíl session, cos she owed a fortune in legal fees after she lost her case against RTE.. But RTE let her off, she was not made bankrupt and was allowed to keep her seat..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

It's unfortunate we always seem to be at loggerheads.. however I again disagree with your analysis.. I think Mick Wallace should not be lumped in to the general "developer" category.. he wasnt flaunting his wealth, he pumped personal money in to good causes (money that he could probably do with now), he didnt buy trophy properties like Ray Grehan and his ilk, he put personal guarantees behind the business, and he stayed here .. he didnt take flights like a lot of the former "hero" property developers..

Terrible to think that he may be made bankrupt and have to give up his seat.. It always seems like there's an "out" for people of no moral character.. I mean Beverly Flynn should have been bankrupted during the last Dáíl session, cos she owed a fortune in legal fees after she lost her case against RTE.. But RTE let her off, she was not made bankrupt and was allowed to keep her seat..

let's not forget our former taoiseach who was unable to furnish a tax clearance certificate for 3 years, which every other TD had to present to keep their seat. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Mick Wallace is a good human being.

He seems to be.

I remember his banner in Dublin opposing the Iraq war drum beaters.
    He's always struck me as a man of principle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Mick Wallace is no different than any other developer but people sympathize with him because they think they know him.
    He over borrowed from the banks, gave personal guarantees and now that things have gone pear shaped he thinks he shouldn't have to pay back the money he owes.

Did I read correctly that in 2008 when his company lost €2.7m, himself and his partner took nearly 300k in directors fees?

When I hear people defending him as one of the good guys, it always reminds me of when RTE went down to Offaly to talk to the Cowen faithful or Drumcondra to talk to Berties people - sure their grand fellahs, not "the other lot".

I was just commenting on the typical Irish contradiction. I personally couldn't care less about him or his monrey or him losing his Dail seat. Are you going out for Beverly Flynn because she has no moral character?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I was just commenting on the typical Irish contradiction. I personally couldn't care less about him or his monrey or him losing his Dail seat. Are you going out for Beverly Flynn because she has no moral character?:confused:

Not all property developers fiddled their way into big money loans, and trampled people underfoot to get to the top. Some were reasonable businessmen, who were unfortunately brought down thanks to what the less reputable ones got up to. It was the few that screwed it for the many after they left the lenders bled dry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

is nobody watching tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

donfers wrote: »
    is nobody watching tonight?

I am.
    I've always found Stephen Donnelly impressive and hearing him talk about how much the Eurozone is in trouble is worrying.

Mattews looking like a right idiot tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

lol

Neither Matthews nor Dooley objected to the con-artist label

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

How much do you think we would get paid for going on the show.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

It's amazing how quiet Matthews has become since he became a fully paid up member of Fine Gael.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

the employers lobby have really been making their money lately. cutting people's rights is not going to lead to employment, will further depress the economy, and will only serve to line multinationals pockets.

Big grin on Vinny's face after he got the last word. :)
    Fair point all the same.

bluefinger wrote: »
    the employers lobby have really been making their money lately. cutting people's rights is not going to lead to employment, will further depress the economy, and will only serve to line multinationals pockets.

I'm sick of hearing members of IBEC and ISME on practically every media outlet lately. These people only serve the viewpoint and interests of a very narrow number of people. They're given far too much time by the media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Guests on the Friday Night Show include George Hook (who is good when he goes head to head with Vinny) and Amanda Brunker (Why!? Why does she get airtime ?)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

SkidMark wrote: »
    Guests on the Friday Night Show include George Hook (who is good when he goes head to head with Vinny) and Amanda Brunker (Why!? Why does she get airtime ?)

as george just said, they'll be discussing their chest sizes.

• Advertisement

SkidMark wrote: »

What could Amanda Brunker possibly add to the discussion apart from plugging a new book, a new tv show, slimming products, Cost Plus Sofas etc etc.? (I wish there was a "Yawn" smiley on this thing)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

What could Amanda Brunker possibly add to the discussion apart from plugging a new book, a new tv show, slimming products, Cost Plus Sofas etc etc.? (I wish there was a "Yawn" smiley on this thing)

Ehh...tits?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Suffering Jesus of Nazareth

Think I'll give it a miss tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

#I think Amanda has a new book out. It has WAGS in it
    James Joyce better watch out !

Vinny put back in his box by George Hook there.

#I think Amanda has a new book out. It has WAGS in it
    James Joyce better watch out !

Molly Bloom's soliliquy will be nothing compared to Brunker's "literature" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

oh dear just switched over... If a terrorist crashed a plane in to Vincent's couch, I wouldnt shed a tear...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

George will be watching this back on his sky+ tommorrow

Colmo52 wrote: »
    George will be watching this back on his sky+ tommorrow

I hope he doesn't start talking about erectile dysfunction again. The lovely Ingrid mightn't like it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Oh dear god. Its like a shouting match.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement