Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Where does vinny the sly dog get these hot ladies from. another one on tonight.

can someone tell me who are these mysterious bondholders and where do they get their money from?

wealthy business people from around the world. abramovich will maybe lose a fair whack if he's made take a hit on anglo. a fair few middle eastern oil sheiks put up a lot of money last year to save barclays in the uk from taking a government bailout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

can someone tell me who are these mysterious bondholders and where do they get their money from?
    Jasus! You're easily pleased.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

c

Theres nothing hot about her except that accent!!! Pfhwrrrr! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭AOwannabe

A nice bit of positivity from that guy there, Vinny won't like that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

I think i'll withdraw my €4.32 from BOI. Bring back the Pound coin with the Dear on it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

baldbear wrote: »
    I think i'll withdraw my €4.32 from BOI. Bring back the Pound coin with the Dear on it!

meh, when i was in college i had about that amount in my account. when i went to close it they wanted to charge me 16 snots for the atm card.

on the other hand, i was at home a couple of weeks ago, and found 2 old 1 punt notes, the green ones with queen maeve on them, an old fiver with scocus, 2 twenties with yeats, and a fifty with carolan! i'll be ready when this euro thing collapses!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

you're thinking of when we were in the Commonwealth. Our pound coin had a DEER on it.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Does Vinny need glasses or something? He always struggles to read the sub headings while doing the newspapers.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Joseph...

what browne provides is simple.... entertainment hes supposed to be neutral but every now and then throws in his opinion and shows his frustration which is funny!!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Joseph...

telekon wrote: »
    Does Vinny need glasses or something? He always struggles to read the sub headings while doing the newspapers.

yeah the last day he pronounced a word wrong aswell!!

• Advertisement

Joseph... wrote: »
    yeah the last day he pronounced a word wrong aswell!!

ok....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

interesting to get the outside views, prob the obvious one outsiders looking at the greens and thinking what the hell are you doing in the middle of this mess you crowd of t***s. they seemed slightly optimistic, slightly. we will take any we can get right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Just heard on the news there that the "expected" bailout interest rate is 7%.... :eek: ... This is what Sommerville and Lucey was NOT doable... they said 3% or 4% would be difficult but workable, but that 5% or 6% would be unworkable.. Wonder what they'll think of 7%.

I think it may be kite flying though.. I can envisage another statement being released in a couple of days announcing that the government have negotiated the rate down to 5%,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

I think it may be kite flying though.. I can envisage another statement being released in a couple of days announcing that the government have negotiated the rate down to 5%,

I hope its just a bargaining position from the EU/IMF. If it is anything over 5% then it really is game over. We may just as well default now and get it over with.

As was said on VB the other night, it might be wise to use the "nuclear option" now. Threaten a default and hope it frightens the EU horses.

Noel Dempsey mentioned 6% today. :eek:

Game over man...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Noel Dempsey mentioned 6% today. :eek:

I don't think he did, he said that it hadn't been set when an RTÉ reporter asked him about it. Not that it would matter what Noel Dempsey Said as he general gives a good gloss about things. He possible said something like this a few days after traitor was written across his local office.

"I am glad to see so many people are literate that they noticed that the vandals spelled the word traitor incorrectly. As far as I am concerned that is a plus going forward. We just now need to put more emphasis on spelling for vandals in ours schools, what 6%?".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

I hope it 10%. Because we should not have to pay any money:mad:

Elmo wrote: »
    I don't think he did, he said that it hadn't been set when an RTÉ reporter asked him about it. Not that it would matter what Noel Dempsey Said as he general gives a good gloss about things. He possible said something like this a few days after traitor was written across his local office.

"I am glad to see so many people are literate that they noticed that the vandals spelled the word traitor incorrectly. As far as I am concerned that is a plus going forward. We just now need to put more emphasis on spelling for vandals in ours schools, what 6%?".

Sorry, actually youre right...my bad.

Sorry, actually youre right...my bad.

Why your not Noel Dempsey?:D

"We are where we are" I'll load my gun the next time i hear that:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭AOwannabe

Surprised that there's no economists on seeing as we now have details of the bailout. When we had no details he had them all on speculating and scaring the bejaysus out of everyone.

I think that guy in seat number 2 will magically disappear after the break.. :D

I think people are absolutely insane to put any trust into anything Colm McCarty has to say. He seem to be washed up.

His cost cutting was what anybody could have done, cut cut cut. Very little real detail it in as to how each department would run. IMO.

On several occasion he has said we have a tunnel to the airport, and it only cost €3 each way. He seems to think everyone has a car and even if they do that they are willing to pump more money into its running costs. In fairness I agree that when they built the bloody port tunnel they could have had a light rail tunnel organised for it at the same time, thus connecting the airport, or now that Bus Services should run in and out of it. But the €3 (cheap as chips) just annoyed the **** out of me, its a recession FFS perhaps its different when your on a consultancy wage for the government and getting a nice lecturing wage.

Then on a show about the Green Economy he rubbishes the idea of putting money into because of the recession and that the only economy available is the black economy, and that people need to start forgetting about silly things like the smart or green economies. I suppose we should invest in the Black economy since it is doing so well and sure lets sell of EirGird.

On the PD love-in documentary on RTÉ by Sam Smyth he praised the wonderful work of our brilliant Minister for justice who quickly put an end to the Bertie Bowl, but he forgot to mention the high cost of land paid for by the same Minister for a Prison that like the Dublin North Metro is unlikely to ever be built, but the overpriced land well thats just doing fine in Government hands. (The land was over price in 2006 btw even by 2006 standards, so it was overprice and then overpriced again).

He's a ****ing idiot. :mad:

Thank you :pac:

Jaysus this lad is fairly up for a row isnt he...

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭loike

he savaged that poor old lady LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Jaysus this lad is fairly up for a row isnt he...

:D Big time, talking some sense though.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Taxi Drivers

Who are all these clowns??

€1.2 trillion in "wealth"! Has she ever heard of the IFSC??

As a percentage of GDP our Corporate Tax Receipts are comparable to the EU average.

The lady in green is living in a fantasy land. Those companies will follow Dell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

The lady in green is living in a fantasy land. Those companies will follow Dell.

Who is she?

• Advertisement

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Who is she?

Katherine someone, you're man John is been a bit agressive to her. She's nearly shaking!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement