Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Would you wear b.bs shirt, not even in the 80's

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I was aware of a lot these views that he held and don't see an issue with them frankly. You may disagree with them, but the president cannot change any laws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Is it just the "Cassie" related quotes that have been removed? (There were a lot of them) Perhaps there have been complaints.

Maybe Jonathon would know.

Were there that many tags about Cassie, I can only remember a few?

Speaking of Cassie, if Friday Night is meant to be light hearted, could they please have Cassie on as a guest.

Just once more that's all ....

( Cue Sardy's fancy 'never coming back' post in reducing font :()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Corsendonk wrote: »
    I think he still only has Fingal Council supporting him too.

Got someone to vote for, tell me all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Just tuned into Vinnie, got Monica Bellucci on my screen instead. Sounds like a fair replacement to me. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Well it's better than talking about David Norris' sexual preferences any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Just tuned into Vinnie, got Monica Bellucci on my screen instead. Sounds like a fair replacement to me. :D

One of only a few possible guests, who could leave Vinnie speechless. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Michael O'Doherty had a piece in todays Evening Rag that seemsto imply that VB finally sold his pad.

You can see why the old men might want to go to that home anyway..

Regarding Norris, I'd say he's sorry he ever threw his feather boa in the ring.. Everything from his past is being dug up.. He was hugely naive to think that it wouldnt and given the nature of his remarks about sex, the pope, abortion.. etc etc etc .. he hasnt a hope of being President..

Peter Mathews is on a hiding to nothing,

If he wasn't an FG TD he'd be tearing into them right now.

• Advertisement

Let me guess Vincent, the Tweet machine is already broken for tomorrow night?

Good panel tonight..

You can see why the old men might want to go to that home anyway..

Regarding Norris, I'd say he's sorry he ever threw his feather boa in the ring.. Everything from his past is being dug up.. He was hugely naive to think that it wouldnt and given the nature of his remarks about sex, the pope, abortion.. etc etc etc .. he hasnt a hope of being President..

Hilarious... (is his sexuality an issue for you??)

As if anyone gives a toss what he said about the pope, is that meant to be a joke?

He is against abortion, so I presume you mean the pro-choice element of Ireland won't vote for him..not quite sure where you're going with that.

His comments about sex? I don't recall him making any comments on sexual intercourse.

Who is the woman with the crow sitting on her head?

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Who is the woman with the crow sitting on her head?

Siobhan O'Connell of The Irish Times,

think she might be a newbie on this, I've heard her on Radio panels before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Agonist

I sense a prior agenda, Jonathan.

Agonist wrote: »
    I sense a prior agenda, Jonathan.

+1

Any chance they could let Stephen Donnelly speak?

They bumped him from the panel an hour before they went on air a few monhs back because they got a 'better' panellist.

Hilarious... (is his sexuality an issue for you??)
    The last refuge of a poor debater... And this is spouted around a lot.. I like David Norris, he's colourful.. but he's too brash, impetuous and loose tongued to be good at the job as President...
    As if anyone gives a toss what he said about the pope, is that meant to be a joke?
    What if the pope wants to visit here? Would President Norris refuse to shake hands with him?
    He is against abortion, so I presume you mean the pro-choice element of Ireland won't vote for him..not quite sure where you're going with that.His comments about sex? I don't recall him making any comments on sexual intercourse.

Norris 'confident' of nomination
    He was responding to an interview conducted last year which was published today, in which he was quoted as saying he did not support an age of consent for sex. The report also stated that Mr Norris was “pro-prostitution”, “pro-abortion” and that he believed drugs should be legalised.

SkidMark wrote: »
    Any chance they could let Stephen Donnelly speak? They bumped him from the panel an hour before they went on air a few monhs back because they got a 'better' panellist.

He's probably the best of the new bunch of TDs.. Who was he bumped for ? Mary O'Rourke?

He's probably the best of the new bunch of TDs.. Who was he bumped for ? Mary O'Rourke?

Not sure, It might have been The Count I think.

I like Donnelly too, he got my vote at the Election, I'm happy with his performance so far.

https://twitter.com/#!/DonnellyStephen/status/53557779838939137

• Advertisement

Was just thinking that myself, I suspect one of the political parties will approach him before the next election,

The last refuge of a poor debater... And this is spouted around a lot.. I like David Norris, he's colourful.. but he's too brash, impetuous and loose tongued to be good at the job as President...

What if the pope wants to visit here? Would President Norris refuse to shake hands with him?

Norris 'confident' of nomination

The report you've found is incorrect. I take it you didn't bother to listen to his radio interview on Morning Ireland where he stated that he was not in favour of abortion. He has said that he will put his personal views aside if he becomes president and that meeting with foreign heads of state won't be a problem. I take it you didn't hear that either.

The reason I asked you that question was because you included a pathetically unfunny remark to poke fun at his sexuality. The comment and the intention behind it is clear for all of us to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

"Situation's changed", with a dissmissive wave of his hands and avoiding eye contact.

Grrr

"They're in government, that's what's changed."

Spot on. Do you think we have learned yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I'm not accusing you of having a homophobic agenda, but your choice of words (specifically your reference to Norris' "feather boa") is unfortunate, to say the least.

Anyone catch the story on the front page of the Indo?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Hermann Von Rumpey (sp)!

Refusing to share a plane? Sounds like a charachter and plot from 'Allo 'Allo.

The reason I asked you that question was because you included a pathetically unfunny remark to poke fun at his sexuality. The comment and the intention behind it is clear for all of us to see.

He did deny it later.. It seems it may have been another "academic posing of questions" when interviewed with The Daily Mail. But he did similar with the Helen Lucy Burke interview, only for John Waters to back her 100% last Sunday. So his credibility regarding these things is seriously in question. I'm really surprised that the media didnt make more of the Waters' interview to be honest..

He's prided himself as somebody who speaks his mind, but this is not one of the list of traits required for a prospective President.. If you ever heard any of the Marys' speeches, most are so painfully, meticulously inoffensive that they effective mean nothing..

RayM wrote: »
    (specifically your reference to Norris' "feather boa") is unfortunate, to say the least.

It's a joke ffs.. does the remark about tonight's female presenter having "a crow on her head" mean that that poster is misogynistic? (I thought that one was funny btw :D )

He did deny it later.. It seems it may have been another "academic posing of questions" when interviewed with The Daily Mail. But he did similar with the Helen Lucy Burke interview, only for John Waters to back her 100% last Sunday. So his credibility regarding these things is seriously in question. I'm really surprised that the media didnt make more of the Waters' interview to be honest..

He's prided himself as somebody who speaks his mind, but this is not one of the list of traits required for a prospective President.. If you ever heard any of the Marys' speeches, most are so painfully, meticulously inoffensive that they effective mean nothing..

Right yeah, just ignore the thrust of my post about your pathetically immature comment, but anyway.

You don't like Norris and you probably never did. Let's try not to make up stuff as to why you don't like him all of a sudden.

I would bet quite a lot that you haven't read either of the articles in full, but then again I don't care.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Right yeah, just ignore the thrust of my post about your pathetically immature comment, but anyway.

Norris has a sense of humour about his sexuality...the least you can do is try have the same.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement