Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

What is the point of repeating this interview?

This fella looks like a LC student!

What moisteriser is he using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Just back from the rugby match? what's the story with the Tie.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

There was no negotiations, according to Honohan. In effect, everything was dictated to us. Lenihan and Cowen did nothing.

There was no negotiations, according to Honohan. In effect, everything was dictated to us. Lenihan and Cowen did nothing.

Do you think Enda will pull the plug and put it up to them? No.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Seems the same situation with the current government, take the deal or leave it option is the only option.

So the whole idea of "re"negotiating is a load of bollix, too. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

It's a bad show when Vinnie does not do one cough or grunt.;)

At least the Pinstripe suit has gone to the cleaners.

If you could pick any team to go over to negotiate on our behalf, who would you send?

• Advertisement

That felt like half a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Anyone paying attention knew this long ago.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    So the whole idea of "re"negotiating is a load of bollix, too. :rolleyes:

Yep, I think many of us knew that before the election too.

No1J wrote: »
    If you could pick any team to go over to negotiate on our behalf, who would you send?

Michael Lowry and a dozen brown paper envelopes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

Martin Cahill if he was still around.
    The General.

Yep, I think many of us knew that before the election too.
    :eek:

Noooo!

Really?

Sardonicat wrote: »
    That felt like half a show.

VB was down to finish at 12.20 on my guide, he seems to make up the finish time to suit himself.

Anyone paying attention knew this long ago.

Certainly..but Honohan basically confirmed it.

It's a pity that Lenihan died so young given that he won't be able to give his side of the story as further details emerge about the "negotiations".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Certainly..but Honohan basically confirmed it.

It's a pity that Lenihan died so young given that he won't be able to give his side of the story as further details emerge about the "negotiations".

Here's hoping he made provision to record his side of the story before his untimely passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Maybe it's been forgotten that both Cowen and Lenihan shattered their credibility at the time of the IMF/ECB bailout. Lenihan in particular had a penchant for spin that made anything he said tainted. Recall the "We have turned a corner." "Cheapest bank bailout in the world". "The worst is over." etc etc
    I would automatically expect that anything either of those two said about the crisis and their response to it was a lie unless it was proven otherwise.

You can engage in spin or you can have credibility - you can't have both.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Recall the "We have turned a corner." "Cheapest bank bailout in the world". "The worst is over."

I actually liked Brian Lenihan personally, he was one of the few FF politicians that would genuinely try to answer honestly the question being asked.. However the hero-worshipping that people are getting involved in is over the top..

No matter what "great things" he had done previously, or whatever "mavellous intellect" he possessed, the only thing that matters to the people of Ireland is the complete mess they made of the banking bailout.. He naively believed those crooks in Anglo and gave them everything they wanted, allowing them to burn the evidence in the months after the bailout.. The place should have been landed on by the regulator on September 29th 2008, the way that they landed on Quinn. And conditions of the bailout should have been that i) Drumm, Fitzpatrick and other management surrender their passports AND ii) that they should not be allowed back on any Anglo premises or talk to any other Anglo employees unless supervised by Dept. of Finance...

He certainly didnt cause the problem.. McCreevy is the one we can blame mostly for that.. but when Lenihan did take over, he made a lot of bad decisions all on his own... And that is professionally what he will be remembered for..

TV3 might as well cancel for the summer, if the show's time limit is going to be greatly reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Vincent Browne is good tonight says my mother. and whats on now only a sex show....:o I wonder will Vinnie make a comment on it.

baldbear wrote: »
    Vincent Browne is good tonight says my mother. and whats on now only a sex show....:o I wonder will Vinnie make a comment on it.

'My show is better than sex?'

From one bell-end to another...

I'm feeling a little queasy now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Agonist

I'm not a fan of clapping at funerals. Not the right tone at all.

Brian Lenihan was C of I?

Agonist wrote: »

Bit of a debate on this in the politics forum, apparently its not uncommon for Catholics to be buried in C & I graveyards in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

No Catholic but buried in a CoI graveyard.

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Bit of a debate on this in the politics forum, apparently its not uncommon for Catholics to be buried in C & I graveyards in Ireland.

My grandmother was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

His funeral was held in a Catholic Church but he was buried in a Church of Ireland graveyard. Perhaps his wife is C of I.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement