Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Vinny's favourite word is "disahhhstrous".
    The Greece situation is precarious and troubling enough- but Vinny seems to revel in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

What's Elton John doing on the show? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Vinny's favourite word is "disahhhstrous".
    The Greece situation is precarious and troubling enough- but Vinny seems to revel in it.

Next he be whipping out the cyanide pills for the panel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Made it back in time for tonight's show.. So what's on people .. anybody know?

Is Brian Lucey still on your 'list of economists I can trust'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

SkidMark wrote: »
    Is Brian Lucey still on your 'list of economists I can trust'?

not sure about any of them any more.. Easy for the academics to tell people what to do without having to implement any of the decisions themselves..

• Advertisement

If you have a burning desire to read out the newspaper headlines on Vincent Browne, here's your chance.

You would have to go on air with Ray Darcy first, though ...

http://www.todayfm.com/Shows/Weekdays/Ray-DArcy-Show/VincentBrown.aspx
    Do you eat, sleep and drink the news? Are you the first to devour the papers each morning?
    Do you have something to say about the news stories of today?
    If so, we want to hear from you....

We want to give the chance to one of our listeners to review the newspapers live on TV3 on Tonight with Vincent Browne.

Fill out the application form and you could be chosen to be one of 5 finalists that we'll speak to on the show next week. The winner will be chosen on Friday 1st July.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

^^^^

Has the tinge if barrell scraping to it.

Think I might get a bit queasy watching this. Well more than usual.

horrific.

Naaaannnnnaaaannnaaaa, my hospital phobia is kicking in now.

• Advertisement

"Our Lady of Lourdes, Drogheda"

What a surprise.

The Lourdes is still a maternity hospital and training hospital after all these mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Corsendonk wrote: »
    The Lourdes is still a maternity hospital and training hospital after all these mistakes.

They weren't mistakes.

I'd like to see an obstetrician make a comment about this.

The reputation of their profession has already been dragged through the mud by that butcher, Neary. you'd think that at least one of them would be shouting from the rooftops his/her condemnation of this female mutilation. I'm not asking anyone to comment on a specific case, just a "this procedure is barbaric and I cant condone it" would suffice. The silence does not do their reputation any good and it fuels the speculation as to why these operations were performed at a time when they had been abandoned and repalced with c sections elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Craebear

Oh lawd...

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I'd like to see an obstetrician make a comment about this.

The reputation of their profession has already been dragged through the mud by that butcher, Neary. you'd think that at least one of them would be shouting from the rooftops his/her condemnation of this female mutilation. I'm not asking anyone to comment on a specific case, just a "this procedure is barbaric and I cant condone it" would suffice. The silence does not do their reputation any good and it fuels the speculation as to why these operations were performed at a time when they had been abandoned and repalced with c sections elsewhere.

Seriously doubt one will, seems to be an unwritten rule with doctors that they don't break ranks on issues like this because they someday could be in the same position.

Hello people .. missed last nite... Did I miss anything?

Vincent was on just there.. he tells us that in some study by the OECD I think, Ireland was ranked as the third wealthiest country in the EU... So Vincent is questioning why we have to implement austerity measues.... I'd say he's filling up the left wing of TV3 studios as we speak..

Hello people .. missed last nite... Did I miss anything?

Vincent was on just there.. he tells us that in some study by the OECD I think, Ireland was ranked as the third wealthiest country in the EU... So Vincent is questioning why we have to implement austerity measues.... I'd say he's filling up the left wing of TV3 studios as we speak..

Daly V Lucinda, should be good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

The Donegal "Danny Dyer" on tonite. Would like a competent economist on this panel .

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'm just going to pretend that everyone on the panel are Morbegs tonight.

• Advertisement

The Donegal "Danny Dyer" on tonite. Would like a competent economist on this panel .

I'm prepared to give you the lend of my list if you want to give one of them a ring..

economistsibeleve_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I think there should an economist on this show every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I know I shouldn't but I've always fancied Lucinda Creighton, even more so since Olwyn Enright hung up her hustings :D

If the JLC rates are cut, it won't economically viable for some of these workers to conitnue working. Weekend and overtime are what makes these jobs viable in the first palce. Take that way and you cant live on these wages.

I'm prepared to give you the lend of my list if you want to give one of them a ring..

economistsibeleve_1.jpg

Surprised Peter Matthews is still there.

Vincent is very selective with his choice of statistics. We also have some of the highest social welfare and minimum wage rates in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Surprised Peter Mattews is still there.

Agreed. Matthews has done a complete about-turn since he became a gamekeeper.

Sure. do away of the JLC, people will havbe to give up their jobs because they will get more on the dole and then they can go back to work on a WPP. Sorted.

Did you see the eyes from Lucinda when Daly laughed. I get the vibe that Lucinda doesn't like VB.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

It looks like Lucinda thinks shes in the midst of a load of loopers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement