Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Lucinda is talking through her hole.

No surprise there, I think she gets away with alot in FG because she ain't bad looking if she ever smiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

God Cassie looks terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

community worker is not doing herself any favours , predicable .
    Lucinda has shut up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

Jaysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

InReality wrote: »

i want to see a community worker from cork on the same panel as her, with an equally strong accent. they'll have similar outlooks on everything, but there'll be a fierce sense of suspicion in the air based completely on accents.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Vincent is made up with this inner city guest. Big smiley face on him going to the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Her jaw is on the floor

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Is it posssible that somebody with a smattering of Spanish (his sister) would know the word odontologia??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Norris leading in that Independent poll. The smear campaign may not have worked.

Gay Mitchell is on 2%.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

What is the point in having them on the panel. We all know exactly what they are going to say.

- Celtic tiger never roared in <<Insert local area>>
    - Bankers ..... <<<gangsters>>>
    - Fianna Fail ...... <<<wrecked the country>>>
    - the poor people (those on welfare and minimum wage) are only suffering whilst the rich get away free. They are paying for the banks mistake.

YAWN!

:D

I'm loving it!

Can't do sums.

Lucinda getting her maths all mixed up in a rush to support FG.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

"We have excellent candidates"

Then why the fúck are they parachuting in Pat Cox??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

I wonder how TV3 screen these audience nominated female guests? Open to someone like SF pushing the working woman on the show who quite clearly supports them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Has Lucinda sharpened her teeth? She looks like she should have been in Sleepy Hollow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Fuk sake, we're not wasting enough money by employing only one of the candidates as President... I think we should introduce a monarchy so that they all get a job out of it... We could have Pat Cox and Avril Doyle as King and Queen, Michael D Higgins as the King's scribe and David Norris as the court jester....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Two is a number! Wow is she arrogant!

I actually want to slap her now.

I hate that kind of arrogant dissmisivness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

COYW wrote: »
    What is the point in having them on the panel. We all know exactly what they are going to say.

- Celtic tiger never roared in <<Insert local area>>
    - Bankers ..... <<<gangsters>>>
    - Fianna Fail ...... <<<wrecked the country>>>
    - the poor people (those on welfare and minimum wage) are only suffering whilst the rich get away free. They are paying for the banks mistake.

YAWN!
    They forget that welfare rose 3 times faster than inflation during the bubble and many young working class men got work in construction and women in retail etc given there was full employment.
    I wonder how much benefit these community welfare schemees and community activists etc actually create.

• Advertisement

God Cassie looks terrible.

Too right, the make-up department in TV3 must be off tonight.

dambarude wrote: »
    Two is a number!
    How does the rest of that song go?

I miss sesame st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Lucinda Creighton gives great legitimacy to blonde jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Craebear

Hey Creighton, **** you.

I wonder how much benefit these community welfare schemees and community activists etc actually create.

They create full time jobs for themselves as a revolving door of "participants" (increasingly graduates with more education in their little fingers than the supervisors have between them) are churned in, out and back on the dole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Is she looking for a place on the Jeremy Kyle show?

They forget that welfare rose 3 times faster than inflation during the bubble and many young working class men got work in construction and women in retail etc given there was full employment.

I can only call on personal experience but a community work scheme where I grew up took 10 years to build a wall that was about 100 metres long and 4 foot high. There were 10 or so on it and they spent most of the day in their hut drinking tea.

Lucinda does come across as a person that isn't particularly nice off the cameras as well as on them.

FG is going to have to allow Norris to enter the campaign, the councillors can abstain from a vote. Then let the public decide.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I actually want to slap her now.

I hate that kind of arrogant dissmisivness.

you're right, she needs to work on her likeability I think

Am I right in saying (and I haven't read through the thread) that earlier in the programme she was tring to say that small business owners and employers should try to ride out the storm during these difficult times but instead she didn't finish the expression and said they should ride their way through the recession, could be misinterpreted, could even trend on twitter if true.....and to be fair it would be far from the worst advice she has given out tonight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Has Lucinda sharpened her teeth?

Is she helping TV3 to promote Jaws on Saturday Night (9pm) ??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement