Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sanfran88

How can a Minister know soooo little.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

They forget that welfare rose 3 times faster than inflation during the bubble and many young working class men got work in construction and women in retail etc given there was full employment.
    I wonder how much benefit these community welfare schemees and community activists etc actually create.

Very hard to know. Sometimes I think they do good , othertimes I doubt they do any.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

Vincent has a thing that county councillers should allow everybody to run for president.
    Lucinda didn't know what he was on about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

sanfran88 wrote: »
    How can a Minister know soooo little.

She's young and has a vagina. That's why she got the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭tweedledee

God that Creighton gets on my wick,very arrogant.She talks of "difficulty" and "hard times "for the people she represents.She hasn't a clue about "hard times".She represents one of the wealthiest postcodes in the country.
    FG are FF on steroids,its gona get a whole lot worse in 2012.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭tweedledee

Its not that she didn't know her facts or what was going on,she couldn't care less.She's in for the next four years and probably dosn't care. Going by the past chaos of the ever clueless Irish voter she might be here for longer than that.
    Roll on August and that one way ticket to Canada.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

tweedledee wrote: »
    God that Creighton gets on my wick,very arrogant.She talks of "difficulty" and "hard times "for the people she represents.She hasn't a clue about "hard times".She represents one of the wealthiest postcodes in the country.

I live in her constituency and have never seen her canvassing once. I got a few circulars during the last election but have never had the pleasure of her presence at my door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

She's young and has a vagina.....
    Wouldn't be too sure about that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

SkidMark wrote: »
    Vincent is very selective with his choice of statistics. We also have some of the highest social welfare and minimum wage rates in Europe.

vinny often bangs on about how taxes in sweeden and germany are much higher than in ireland , of course he forgets to mention that taxes on low earners are up on 20% in scandanavia where as in ireland low income earners pay hardly any income tax

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭ahal

Craebear wrote: »
    Hey Creighton, **** you.

Most umparlimentary language, Creabear :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Some feckin tie.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I never realised before now how much John Fitzgerald looks like his old fella!..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

I never realised before now how much John Fitzgerald looks like his old fella!..

Same absent professor dress sense too!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Who's this poet one? I don't think Vincent will be eager to have her on again.. she won't shut up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

dambarude wrote: »
    Who's this poet one? I don't think Vincent will be eager to have her on again.. she won't shut up!

borderline insane Academic loon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Who's on Vinny tonight? (assuming the TV£ audience hasn't retired to bed early for homework)

Edit. on no, a cnut a nobody a twat - oh wait Nelly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Nell McCafferty, George from Glenroe, Sinead Ryan from The Herald and some chap whose name I didn't catch are on the couch tonight.

4 is a better number, gives them all a chance to speak.

Humility - no Alan, you're not.

Still, he sometimes makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Nell McCafferty, George from Glenroe, Sinead Ryan from The Herald and some chap whose name I didn't catch are on the couch tonight.

4 is a better number, gives them all a chance to speak.
    Alan Stanford :D
    Paul Drury, Irish Daily Mail

I just wish Nelly would allow the moustachioed to hang himself.

and everyone else - oh, Vinny in annoying form.

could be good ...

• Advertisement

As has been said before on this thread, you should choose a President who would do a good job - solid, dependable, make the odd good speech - not someone who 'deserves' it for past achievements.

Nell appears to have learnt nothing from the Harney affair, she is still spouting off.

I wish Stephen Fry would tell Sinead Ryan to shut up.. she is so annoying, I have an irrational hatred for that woman

I wish Stephen Fry would tell Sinead Ryan to shut up.. she is so annoying, I have an irrational hatred for that woman
    It's ok, I'll tell her to shut up for you, she really annoys me too.

he he he. yes Steve and Alan are interchangeable accent wise.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Nell appears to have learnt nothing from the Harney affair, she is still spouting off.

She's hard to listen to - I know he did a lot for Women's equality in the 80s but in recent years she just mouths off on whatever takes her fancy.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    It's ok, I'll tell her to shut up for you, she really annoys me too.

She's insufferable

http://www.herald.ie/opinion/columnists/sinead-ryan/sinead-ryan-fasttrack-evil-rapist-murphys-passport-to-get-him-out-of-here-2661185.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

A bunch of journalists talking about a newspaper...

Why am I watching this, again?

Sardonicat wrote: »
    A bunch of journalists talking about a newspaper...

Why am I watching this, again?
    because like meself, you're single and alone on a Sat night. :D

• Advertisement

She's hard to listen to - I know he did a lot for Women's equality in the 80s but in recent years she just mouths off on whatever takes her fancy.
    I agree, but she is a bit of a loose cannon these days, she could say anything about anyone and doesn't seem to be too concerned about the libel laws.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement