Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I have a copy of the broadcast, she made very damaging remarks about Ms. Harney.

I am aware of the remarks made about Harney. I had heard such damaging remarks form other people who are not in the habit of damaging people or spreading rumours. But the remarks have been denied and proven wrong in court, so that's that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

SkidMark wrote: »
    There is no point to this Friday Night Show, It is indulgent meandering pointless conversation every week.

Come in 'Friday Late with Vincent Browne', your time is up.
    I'd say you won't have to suffer much more, he will be going on holiday soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Someone suggested a while back they should give Matt Cooper an interview slot on Friday Nights, 'one to one' rather than a panel.

I think this is a very good idea, it would shake it up a bit and make Vincent Browne (and Ryan Tubridy) raise their game.

ArtSmart wrote: »
    Have ot say Vinny always looks wasted on Friday. I assume it's tiredness, but wud love to know the truth of de matter.

Ask Nell.
    Preferably when a mic is nearby.

And yes, I said socks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

There is no point to this Friday Night Show, It is indulgent meandering pointless conversation every week.

Come in 'Friday Late with Vincent Browne', your time is up.

Dose anyone remember the channel 4 late night show After dark, I loved it. 6-8 people sitting around, having drinks late night discussions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Have ot say Vinny always looks wasted on Friday. I assume it's tiredness, but wud love to know the truth of de matter.

Itching for pints in Ryans of Parkgate Street. Didn't he plug them a couple of times on the show.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I am aware of the remarks made about Harney. I had heard such damaging remarks form other people who are not in the habit of damaging people or spreading rumours. But the remarks have been denied and proven wrong in court, so that's that.
    The laws of libel prevent us from discussing this issue :D:D

MrsD007 wrote: »
    The laws of libel prevent us from discussing this issue :D:D

Indeedy.

Hence my "that's that."

No1J wrote: »
    Dose anyone remember the channel 4 late night show After dark, I loved it. 6-8 people sitting around, having drinks late night discussions.

Is that the one that Tracey Emin got pissed and off her tits and told them all to fcuk off?

Indeedy.

Hence my "that's that."
    It's a shame though ;):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Group Theory Rocks

I have to say that the ammount of garbage talked on this show tonight was ammazing.
    I must say that I find Alan Stanford to be highly pretencious.
    Nell is spouting complete nonsense with a very narrow focus and with very little appeal to any sort of logic.
    Actually the guy on the right is the only reasonable person on the show I think.

I remember that, it was live and could go on for hours at a time.

Hit and miss, but it had it's moments.

Including Oliver Reed

Alan looks like he is in a hurry to get back to his 27 years old girlfriend, aaaaaaah.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

I can imagine the tv3 staff now... "Well I thought that went well", "Yes, another excellent Friday night show, let's do it again next week and make sure to invite these guests back." :rolleyes:

When the highpoint of a show is a discussion on Glenroe you know it's pretty bad... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

I have to say that the ammount of garbage talked on this show tonight was ammazing.
    I must say that I find Alan Stanford to be highly pretencious.
    Nell is spouting complete nonsense with a very narrow focus and with very little appeal to any sort of logic.
    Actually the guy on the right is the only reasonable person on the show I think.
    and he works for the Daily Mail! (i think)

yeah, bad enough

Is that the one that Tracey Emin got pissed and off her tits and told them all to fcuk off?

Sounds like it. I would have been a bit under the weather watching it:) but we all rushed home from the pub to watch it, young people's tv.

She's become a joke. You don't know what crazy thing she's going to come out with next. You could see Vincent talking through gritted teeth at the end trying to ignore her and get the hell out of there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Alan looks like he is in a hurry to get back to his 27 years old girlfriend, aaaaaaah.

I can imagine the tv3 staff now... "Well I thought that went well", "Yes, another excellent Friday night show."

When the highpoint of a show is a discussion on Glenroe you know it's pretty bad... :o
    "Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen, it's back to the 80s tonight on TV3 with our twee theme tune, a discussion about blasphemous picures of Our Lady in a bikini and a chat about Glenroe. Don't forget to tune in tomorow night when we'll have a controversial discussion about condoms and the rising appeal of teenage discos."

Vincent Browne was on Ray Darcy's Radio show during the week.

He let it slip that the Friday Late show wasn't getting good audience numbers and would probably be dropped soon.

No harm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

watchin Ginger Cartman south park

Sounds like it. I would have been a bit under the weather watching it:) but we all rushed home from the pub to watch it, young people's tv.
    I don't think it is the same show actually, but have a look and see:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKNr2LOkXYE

I do remember the one you are talking about, though. Iremeber Julian Lennon on it one night really ripping Yoko Ono to shreds.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

watchin Ginger Cartman south park

The Terminator's on BBC1.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

He let it slip that the Friday Late show wasn't getting good audience numbers and would probably be dropped soon.

No harm.

They should cut back to 3 nights per week (Mon, Wed & Fri).. 5 nights is just overkill. And put it on at around 9PM too.. 11:15 is mental. They're so obviously afraid of RTE.. they may as well merge with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

No harm.

The guests are really terrible and I don't think VB does casual discussions very well. It's probably a little too serious for a Friday night. That said, I don't know how the LLS is still so popular given how morbid that can be.

"Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen, it's back to the 80s tonight on TV3 with our twee theme tune, a discussion about blasphemous picures of Our Lady in a bikini and a chat about Glenroe. Don't forget to tune in tomorow night when we'll have a controversial discussion about condoms and the rising appeal of teenage discos."

Well, in all fairness, UCC is paid for by taxpayers' money, so people have a right to give out if they don't like what it's being used for.

Well, in all fairness, UCC is paid for by taxpayers' money, so people have a right to give out if they don't like what it's being used for.

I was referring to the content of VB show, not the protestors down at UCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Ooooh, new media vs old media row.. haha, how ridiculously alike they are, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The skinny, pretty girl doesnt get on with the fatter, cleverer girl... It's like school all over again..

• Advertisement

The independent.ie's editor was on thin ice earlier whinging about thejournal.ie's polling methods. The Sunday Independent refuses to publish their methodology and get very dubious results.

She was rightly pulled up on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement