Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

ascanbe wrote: »
    Why's she there? What's she there to talk about? Did one of the Middleton sisters dye their hair or something? Perhaps we'll find out after the break..

I thought she'd be grilled about her business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

dambarude wrote: »
    It's actually hilarious watching this... Glenda looks like she's afraid she'll be asked a question to me.

He had her on the ordinary show once last year and it was exactly the same

"What do you think about Ministerial Pensions, Glenda?"

"I've no interest in that at all Vincent"

Don't see the point of having her on at all, Vincent's idea of 'light hearted' is still far removed from Glenda's field of interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

VB just can't do laid back-he'll always find something to get mad about, although i'm finding this very funny especially the irish mail editor getting a hard time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

nummnutts wrote: »
    I thought she'd be grilled about her business.

Hope so, 'cause politics and stuff is like boring and stupid and stuff.

ascanbe wrote: »
    Hope so, 'cause politics and stuff is like boring and stupid and stuff.

as is filing accounts, and paying taxes and all that, apparently!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

"I met Dustin Hoffman on the red carpet in London, a year after bumping into him at the Ritz in Paris."

As you do. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

They really get great use out of this set don't they?! It's used on Ireland AM, The Morning Show and of course Friday Late. They hardly change it at all between the three shows.

And that theme music has got to be the tackiest and cheapest I've heard in a long time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"One of my favourite interviewees was Robbie Williams"

Robbie one of the great intellects of our time... I wonder did she get past the state of screaming and shouting "aahhhhhh it's robbie williams" at any point during the interview..

SkidMark wrote: »
    as is filing accounts, and paying taxes and all that, apparently!

filing accounts, what's that???

filing-nails.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

dambarude wrote: »
    They really get great use out of this set don't they?! It's used on Ireland AM, The Morning Show and of course Friday Late. They hardly change it at all between the three shows.

I've never come across someone who admits to watching that much TV3 before. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Lapin wrote: »
    I've never come across someone who admits to watching that much TV3 before. :pac:

:o

I don't watch the other two shows ... please believe me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

I dont know what's more shocking.. that Glenda Gilson is a model, or that she actually won a beauty contest (outside of Goffs that is)..

i think shes both easy on the eye and nice , shes clearly not over burdened with brains either so whats not to like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

irishh_bob wrote: »
    i think shes both easy on the eye and nice , shes clearly not over burdened with brains either so whats not to like

Just what exactly is the problem men have with a woman having brains? Serious question... it's probably intimidating for a man to speak to a woman who is more intelligent than him, but why more so than speaking to another man who's more intelligent than him?

I see Mary O'Rourke is guest presenting this show from Monday week :eek:
    Really looking forward to hosting #vinb from 11th July. Great panellists lined up. Feedback via 'twitter machine' please!
    She is on TV and Radio way too much, and offers very little. I can see this being a car crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

pog it wrote: »
    Just what exactly is the problem men have with a woman having brains? Serious question... it's probably intimidating for a man to speak to a woman who is more intelligent than him, but why more so than speaking to another man who's more intelligent than him?

I think you're making a sweeping generalisation there. I'd far prefer to speak to a woman with a brain instead of talking to one who thinks that watching Xposé is the highlight of their day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

An unbiased article *cough* by Vinnie on why RTÉ should have it's financial wings clipped to improve the prospects for other media in Ireland.

Presumably if only TV3 could get a large slice of the TV licence they could treat us to yet more informative and well made documentaries on how Cheryl Cole's career is progressing. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭INCONFIDENCE

Glenda is no gob****e. She put VB in his box when he asked her about Uncle Liam (Lawlor) the last time she was on. She did not dodge the question just told Vinny he was a good uncle to her and that was it. I thought she was brilliant , she has balls.........when she needs them. We should give credit to those who admit they dont know it also take guts. How many times have you heard one of Vinnys victims blabbering away and it becomes obvious they havent a clue. HELLO Mary Lou Mc Donald.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Glenda is no gob****e. She put VB in his box when he asked her about Uncle Liam (Lawlor) the last time she was on. She did not dodge the question just told Vinny he was a good uncle to her and that was it. I thought she was brilliant , she has balls.........when she needs them. We should give credit to those who admit they dont know it also take guts. How many times have you heard one of Vinnys victims blabbering away and it becomes obvious they havent a clue. HELLO Mary Lou Mc Donald.

Glenda was asked by The Daily Star editor about Lawlor, she wasn't asked by VB.

It's ridiculous having that cantankerous oul bat Mary O'Rourke hosting the show... It's gonna be more FF than Tubridy hosting the LLS.. no objectivity at all.. I wish these people would ever just take their pensions and f**k off.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

It's ridiculous having that cantankerous oul bat Mary O'Rourke hosting the show... It's gonna be more FF than Tubridy hosting the LLS.. no objectivity at all.. I wish these people would ever just .................. f**k off.

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

It's ridiculous having that cantankerous oul bat Mary O'Rourke hosting the show... It's gonna be more FF than Tubridy hosting the LLS.. no objectivity at all.. I wish these people would ever just take their pensions and f**k off.

She should invite Pakie O'Callaghan and Frank Twomey on the show for a Bull Island Re-union Special.
    Bull_Island-200x168.png

I dont think she is given enough blame for being one of a very small group of Fianna Fáil politicians who were members of Cabinets and Governments that voted through the policies and budgets that destroyed this country... You get the impression from her that she had nothing to do with it..

I think it is a real shame that TV3 have given Nora Owen and Mary O'Rourke presenting slots, surely there are lots of young journalists out there who are more deserving of a break.

I dont think she is given enough blame for being one of a very small group of Fianna Fáil politicians who were members of Cabinets and Governments that voted through the policies and budgets that destroyed this country... You get the impression from her that she had nothing to do with it..
    Are you sure she was a minister? I thought she spent a lot of her time in the bath :D

MrsD007 wrote: »
    It is a real shame that TV3 have given Nora Owen and Mary O'Rourke presenting slots, surely there are lots of young journalists out there who are more deserving of a break.
    and men ;)

and men ;)
    Jonathan - You should send your CV to TV3, Westgate Business Park, Ballymount, Dublin 24 :D

Where is Mary ?????????????????????????

Jonathan - You should send your CV to TV3, Westgate Business Park, Ballymount, Dublin 24

They already have it.. :mad:

What the hell is going on? :confused::confused:

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Where is Mary ?????????????????????????

Next week.

• Advertisement

SkidMark wrote: »
    Next week.
    I want my money back :(

This discussion has been closed.