Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I don't know why they're repeating the Mario clips, they weren't worth watching the first time around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

What the hell is going on? :confused::confused:

I have no idea and am more confused than usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Just wondering.. Does Ray Burke still get a State pension.. :confused:

edit: just googled it.. He is.. What a country, eh?
    By Patricia McDonagh

Monday November 09 2009

DISGRACED former minister Ray Burke has been given two taxpayer-funded pension increases worth more than €31,600 over the last six years.

Mr Burke, who spent four-and-a-half-months in prison for tax evasion, received pensions totalling €109,865 last year.

He gets an Oireachtas pension for his service in the Dail and a separate pension for his time as a minister. And as a result of a raft of agreements to increase public-sector pay, both pensions have increased substantially.

Mr Burke's Oireachtas pension was worth €36,726 in 2002 but this went up to €52,213 in 2008, a 42pc increase. His ministerial pension jumped by 38pc, from €41,492 in 2002 to €57,652 last year, according to documents released under the Freedom on Information Act.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/taxpayers-fund-836431600-hike-in-ray-burkes-pension-payout-1937682.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I went in to see The Bert give his evidence at the Mahon Tribunal,

He spouted some unbelievable nonsense about bundles of cash, The Judge had to ask us to stop laughing at him.

It was very entertaining, I was on the 6-1 and the 9 News that night giving my observations, highlight of my media career so far :)

SkidMark wrote: »
    I went in to see The Bert give his evidence at the Mahon Tribunal,

He spouted some unbelievable nonsense about bundles of cash, The Judge had to ask us to stop laughing at him.

It was very entertaining, I was on the 6-1 and the 9 News that night giving my observations, highlight of my media career so far :)
    Maybe you should be filling in for Vinny while he is on his holidays :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Love the way Vincent automatically challenges the view of everyone, even when the views are polar opposites.

Love the way Vincent automatically challenges the view of everyone, even when the views are polar opposites.
    That's his job :eek: :eek: :eek:

Who is the Woman with the black top?

She looks like British Gymnast Beth Tweddle, but I don't think it's her

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJy7fgXWGG0tll7Ol5soR0i4PZzPTkQNY-KQaXJYWKXbifd3HchQ

MrsD007 wrote: »
    That's his job :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ah i know but he does it to extreme. :)

There's not much point to this, except that Vincent will probably be away when the report is published, and he wants a chance to talk about it now.

The arguments about whether The Tribunal should have lasted so long have been trashed out many times - the only thing that matters now is the findings.

• Advertisement

Difference being if the chamber maid went off with it, she would have been banged up..

Ah i know but he does it to extreme. :)
    True enough, but that is why we watch him ;):)

SkidMark wrote: »
    There's not much point to this, except that Vincent will probably be away when the report is published, and he wants a chance to talk about it now.

The arguments about whether The Tribunal should have lasted so long have been trashed out many times - the only thing that matters now is the findings.
    But no mater what the findings will any one that did wrong have to pay for
    the wrong they did.?

"Third Rock From The Bum"..

Brilliant.. lol

Nice to see those judges are having to be dragged kicking and screaming over pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I really think heads should roll over that royal cock-up getting that kid to the uk for her op.

someone messed up big time.

That transplant story is really shocking. If it was my child I would want to meet the thick gobsh1te who turned down the the offer of the government jet.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    That transplant story is really shocking. If it was my child I would want to meet the thick gobsh1te who turned down the the offer of the government jet.
    I'd certainly want to know the reasons why it was turned down.

Does anyone else think that the woman in black looks like those funny stick people on the Lloyds Bank ads?

Judges, supposedly the moral custodians of society... They are just like the rest of the civil service, in it for what they can get out of it themselves...

Public service my ar*se.. self service more like ..

It is crazy.
    It's not like if you get there in time you get a car....It's a damn kidney.:mad:

• Advertisement

Dodd wrote: »
    It is crazy.
    It's not like if you get there in time you get a car....It's a damn kidney.:mad:
    it is a liver actually :D

It is crazy.
    It's a liver. A very big deal and a very serious op. The family did not need that trauma.

It is crazy. It's not like if you get there in time you get a car....It's a damn kidney.:mad:

Good job you werent orchestrating the thing, that could have been very embarrassing.. :)

It is crazy.

'Well, the good news is you now have three kidneys ...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQs4fXJ-QeaMJA8_-qsQmDlbfyRp01IOlzxcgjtvapiI0Jp07kUpw

Good job you werent orchestrating the thing, that could have been very embarrassing.. :)
    "There's some good news and some bad news...."

Edit:Damn you Skid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Folks a couple of things.

Comments on a person's physical appearance serve no purpose only than to show you cannot make a compelling arguement to support your own point of view. Lets cut that out.

Comments questioning a persons mental state, intellect and impartiallity regarding their job are defamatory and have no place on Boards.

I trust this is the last time we'll see this.

Kathleen Lynch.. Minister with special responsibility for murderin de English language..

edit: just looked above, and apparently I'm okay to slag off the way she speaks.. ;-)

Kathleen Lynch.. Minister with special responsibility for murderin de English language..

Doesn't sound like she's going to speak tonight at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

That Ivor Brown is highly questionable. A relative went to see him and he told him beleives in people living on through their organs donated after they die and lots of other mad stuff. He qualified as a psychiatrist when all you needed to become one was money to get into college. His anti psychiatry , anti biological and genetic evidence is dangerous.

He has some good points but is dangerously influential with south county dublin media types. John Waters did LSD with him one time as part of a group therapy session he said in an article.

• Advertisement

How I envisage a game of scrabble at Kathleen Lynch's house...

LYNCHSCRABBLE.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement