Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Haha!

The National Consumer Agency is gone.

I presume concomreg is next?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Just in case anybody thought the News Of The World werent actually scum, we have proof.... Hacking the mobile phones of missing / dead people is low ever for them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Just in case anybody thought the News Of The World werent actually scum, we have proof.... Hacking the mobile phones of missing / dead people is low ever for them...

... And deleting messages from Milly's inbox, so they could eavesdrop on whatever new messages her parents and friends left.

Disgusting.

The silence from the other British papers would suggest that it is not unique to that Rag, unfortunately.

That Department is too important to give to Kathleen Lynch.

She sounds out of her depth, with no idea why previous plans failed.

I'd rather see someone with a bit of Political experience taking on Mental Health, bu the time Kathleen figures it out she will be reshuffled.

I feel like have additional mental issues myself after watching that..

• Advertisement

Strange that they didn't give out Helpline numbers at the end.

It's normal practice after discussing Mental Health.

Me too. Perhaps we could get a referral?
    That Ivor Brown is highly questionable...... John Waters did LSD with him one time as part of a group therapy session he said in an article.

SkidMark wrote: »
    Strange that they didn't give out Helpline numbers at the end.

Send me your number so I can ring you instead.. Just let me get a box of tissues so I can have a good cry ..

Send me your number so I can ring you instead.. Just let me get a box of tissues so I can have a good cry ..

I'm grand, thanks for your support, though.:)

Mind you, I could have done with conselling when they dropped Cassie from that show.

She was amazing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭laughter189

SkidMark wrote: »
    ... And deleting messages from Milly's inbox, so they could eavesdrop on whatever new messages her parents and friends left.

Disgusting.

The silence from the other British papers would suggest that it is not unique to that Rag, unfortunately.

Everyone should know by now the depths that tabloid newspapers will go to find a story .

Don't buy them .-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Kathleen Lynch.. Minister with special responsibility for murderin de English language..

edit: just looked above, and apparently I'm okay to slag off the way she speaks.. ;-)

I would have got there first but I chickened out.:(

I've tried listening to what she says, but dis dat dese and doze is all that I hear.:o

Many politicians across the world have elocution lessons, but they don't seem to bother here, which is probably the reason for their not getting the point across to the public as well as they could.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Many politicians across the world have elocution lessons, but they don't seem to bother here.
    If they did they'd probably get kicked out on their ear at the following election. Such is the Irish electorate - we like our gombeens to sound like gombeens. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Mary O'Rourke will interview Bertie next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

DeepBlue wrote: »
    If they did they'd probably get kicked out on their ear at the following election. Such is the Irish electorate - we like our gombeens to sound like gombeens. :(

It's okay to communicate with the constituents in the native dialect, but they have to take it up a notch to communicate with the rest of the population. Perhaps the main reason for none of them bothering, is that it's easy to deny having said something, if no-one's actually certain that it was said in the first place.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

The full list of presenters is here (from TheJournal.ie).

Mary O’Rourke. Former TD and Senator – 11-14 July
    Sam Smyth. Journalist – 18-21 July
    Ger Colleran. Editor, Irish Daily Star 25-28 July
    David Norris. Senator and presidential hopeful Tuesday 2 August
    Feargal Quinn. Senator Wednesday 3 August
    Mary Ann O’Brien. Senator Thursday 4 August
    Declan Ganley. Former Libertas leader, founder of St Columbanus AG – 15-18 August.
    Sarah Carey. Former Irish Times columnist 22-25 August.
    Ivan Yates. Broadcaster 29 August – 1 September.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

dambarude wrote: »
    Mary Ann O’Brien. Senator Thursday 4 August.

I don't really understand how current holders of office can appear as a host of a current affairs show.

Sarah Carey. Former Irish Times columnist.

Oh! Why? Perhaps she will get Andy Coulson to appear, they can exchange notes.

I don't really understand how current holders of office can appear as a host of a current affairs show.
    I agree, all of these people have vested interests.. Surely this means that there will be a moratorium on discussion of anything political while the Senators / ex TDs / ex political candidates are hosting.. ?
    Declan Ganley. Former Libertas leader, founder of St Columbanus AG – 15-18 August.

Sarah Carey should have been held to account for lying to the Tribunal and costing the state money.. In other right thinking countries, she would have served a few weeks in jail for perjury.. She has shown that she is prepared to bend the truth of her pal Denis O'Brien, and is not a fit host for this type of show..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

One to probably miss - I don't have the cash to replace a kicked-in TV screen listening and looking at two of the bástards that helped put me on welfare and ruin the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I agree, all of these people have vested interests.. Surely this means that there will be a moratorium on discussion of anything political while the Senators / ex TDs / ex political candidates are hosting.. ?

Sarah Carey should have been held to account for lying to the Tribunal and costing the state money.. In other right thinking countries, she would have served a few weeks in jail for perjury.. She has shown that she is prepared to bend the truth of her pal Denis O'Brien, and is not a fit host for this type of show..

I agree.
    I wonder (I'm sure) does VB have a say in who replaces him?
    In this case and that O'rourke yoke's case, his choice is up his arse and reflects pretty badly on him.

Dear god, this appears to be true.. Post on politics.ie about it..

Mary O'Rourke to interview Bertie Ahern when she guest-hosts Vincent Browne show
    Mary O'Rourke is standing in for Vincent Browne all of next week on TV3's Tonight with Vincent Browne. One of the shows she will be guest-presenting will feature an hour-long interview between herself and former Taoiseach Bertie Ahern.

The interview, which is taking place at TV3 studios this Friday will be edited down and broadcast next week, so viewers won't be able to interact online or by text. TV3 says that it was Mary O'Rourke herself who approached Bertie Ahern and got him to agree to be interviewed.

One asssumes that the interview between Mary "Mammy" O'Rourke and Bertie Ahern won't be the kind of interview that Vincent Browne would conduct. We all remember the ding-dong between Bertie Ahern and Vincent Browne during the 2007 General Election.

I cant believe that Vincent would allow his show to be used for a FF love in, in his absense.. If Bertie wanted to appear on the show, then he should have appeard when Vincent himself was on..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Dear god, this appears to be true.. Post on politics.ie about it..

If Bertie wanted to appear on the show, then he should have appeard when Vincent himself was on..

Because he is a coward and knows Vinny would bury him:mad::rolleyes:.Wimp! (Bertie, not you:p).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

The full list of presenters is here (from TheJournal.ie).

I'm concerned that some members of those of the list will use their presenting slot as an opportunity to promote their own agenda. Surely there are lots of young journalist out there that could do with a break.

The heads of Irish television only seem interested in rolling out the same old familar faces.

Did anybody else wipe their screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

if that lying shít carey is on i'll be switching off till Vinnie comes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Another fcukin pointless show tonight. This is a complete no-brainer.

What about a proper debate on the closure of A&E services at Roscommon Hospital?????

What about a proper debate on the closure of A&E services at Roscommon Hospital?????

In recent weeks he seems to completely and deliberately avoid the main controversial issue of the day..

Judges are the same as everyone in the legal profession, and the rest of the elite in society... no morals, in it for what they can get themselves and nothing more.. There is no justice in this country..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I agree or a programme on how special needs kids are being adversely affected by the cut in SNA's and resource teaching hours.

It's a done deal now, is it not?

I would be very interested to know if we have the infrastructure to make centre's of excellence viable, i.e., the size of the ambulance fleet, the types of ambulances available, numbers of paramadics, the extent of treatment they are legally covered to give, etc. Centre's of excellence are well and good on paper but without a robust emergencey response service how are they supposed to work?

Does anyone know what the current state of affairs is vis a vis ambulance services in that neck of the wood, or in Ireland generally?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

Good sense being talked by the judge on the show. Amazing that the last AG's advice was so wrong !

• Advertisement

Why does that lad want to match their wages against bankers.. the only thing they have in common is lack of morality.. Can we find out what judges wages were before the increases of the last ten years.. For example, what were their wage the last time the Exchequer income was 30 Billion??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement