Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Sardonicat wrote: »
    It's a done deal now, is it not?

I would be very interested to know if we have the infrastructure to make centre's of excellence viable, i.e., the size of the ambulance fleet, the types of ambulances available, numbers of paramadics, the extent of treatment they are legally covered to give, etc. Centre's of excellence are well and good on paper but without a robust emergencey response service how are they supposed to work?

Does anyone know what the current state of affairs is vis a vis ambulance services in that neck of the wood, or in Ireland generally?
    We lost A&E services in Clare two years ago. At the time we were promised a Centre of Excellence in Limerick but the reality is that Limerick didn't get additional resources and it is now struggling to cope with patients coming from Limerick City and County as well as Clare and North Tipp. I've had the misfortunate of attending A&E in Limerick with a family member a few months ago and it was more like a warzone than a hospital department.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

I tune more to this thread lately rather that switch to the show, its a good barometer as to whether or not VB is brutal on any given night. I take it Vincent is heading off on a Marian Finucane type summer holiday with all the stand in presenters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Billy, we havent forgotten yet.. You and your FF shower can go and FUKKKKK off.. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

MrsD007 wrote: »
    We lost A&E services in Clare two years ago. At the time we were promised a Centre of Excellence in Limerick but the reality is that Limerick didn't get additional resources and it is now struggling to cope with patients coming from Limerick City and County as well as Clare and North Tipp. I've had the misfortunate of attending A&E in Limerick with a family member a few months ago and it was more like a warzone than a hospital department.

What's the update with the junior dr situation there? Wasn't there talk of closing Limerick A&E overnight due to a shortage of NCHDs?

But what I really want to know is; if you suffer a hear attack, for example, and require an ambulance, will an ambulance get to you in good time? Will it be a cardiac ambulance? Will it be staffed with paramedics who can perform life saving procedures on route if neccesary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

dambarude wrote: »
    The full list of presenters is here (from TheJournal.ie).

Mary O’Rourke. Former TD and Senator – 11-14 July
    Sam Smyth. Journalist – 18-21 July
    Ger Colleran. Editor, Irish Daily Star 25-28 July
    David Norris. Senator and presidential hopeful Tuesday 2 August
    Feargal Quinn. Senator Wednesday 3 August
    Mary Ann O’Brien. Senator Thursday 4 August
    Declan Ganley. Former Libertas leader, founder of St Columbanus AG – 15-18 August.
    Sarah Carey. Former Irish Times columnist 22-25 August.
    Ivan Yates. Broadcaster 29 August – 1 September.

Michael D should get first choice replacement for Ger if the News of the World journalist practices are found to extend to the Irish tabloids as hinted by the Irish Independent online editor this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Poor Billy is shocked by how cynical politicians can be..He'd never have gone into politics if he knew the likes of this would happen.

What's the update with the junior dr situation there? Wasn't there talk of closing Limerick A&E overnight due to a shortage of NCHDs?

But what I really want to know is; if you suffer a hear attack, for example, and require an ambulance, will an ambulance get to you in good time? Will it be a cardiac ambulance? Will it be staffed with paramedics who can perform life saving procedures on route if neccesary?

No real point, most of the hospitals falsify the dept of health reports anyway so only real way to find the answer is to have a heart attack to test out the system. Not something I would recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Fine Gael are giving those Fianna Fail bastards the oxygen of publicity because of the Roscommon debacle.

Didnt Cowan take on the brief himself when Mary Harney resigned ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Wasn't it Mary Coughlan.

• Advertisement

Think I'll ask in the emergency services thread.
    They'd know, surely.

I tune more to this thread lately rather that switch to the show, its a good barometer as to whether or not VB is brutal on any given night. I take it Vincent is heading off on a Marian Finucane type summer holiday with all the stand in presenters?

The length of his holidays is irrelevant; the tax-payer doesn't pay his salary.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Sketch on now:D

Wasn't it Mary Coughlan.

The reason no-one can remember is because it's so hard to comprehend.

Constanin takes real good care of that cat.

In Clare, they have some specially trained Advanced Paramedics who treat people at the scene of an accident or at home. I believe that only one advance paramedic is on duty at a given time and he/she serves the county. Ambulance personnel assist the AP to stabilise the patient before transferring to hospital.

I only recently heard that ambulances don't have SAV NAVS and this has contributed to delays as ambulance personnel have experienced difficulties locating houses in some rural areas.

http://www.clarechampion.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6352:hse-apologises-to-kilnamona-family-for-ambulance-delay&catid=43:health&Itemid=60

ascanbe wrote: »
    Constanin takes real good care of that cat.

Purrrrrr

/sorry, I'll stop now

Wasn't it Mary Coughlan.

Just checked wiki and it was.
    I remembered shuddering at the time.

Vincent gets great crack out of those.
    The others largely look on bemused.

Wasn't it Mary Coughlan.

I had thought the role had been given to the Tanáiste alright,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Coughlan_%28politician%29
    Minister for Health and Children: 2011
    Following the resignation of Mary Harney in January 2011, Coughlan was also appointed as Minister for Health and Children.

and it was, but I cant remember the uproar that that news should have caused..

The length of his holidays is irrelevant

Maybe not, but if he's planning to give David Norris his own show, why not give Michael D. and the Fine Gael Presidential candidate their own show as well??

• Advertisement

Wasn't it Mary Coughlan.

She be back on our TV screens soon as a host on Feirm Factor. I really can't wait!

Corsendonk wrote: »
    She be back on our TV screens soon as a host on Feirm Factor.

Jesus wept :rolleyes:

MrsD007 wrote: »
    In Clare, they have some specially trained Advanced Paramedics who treat people at the scene of an accident or at home. I believe that only one advance paramedic is on duty at a given time and he/she serves the county. Ambulance personnel assist the AP to stabilise the patient before transferring to hospital.

http://www.clarechampion.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6352:hse-apologises-to-kilnamona-family-for-ambulance-delay&catid=43:health&Itemid=60

I presume an Advanced Paramedic has some limited prescribing abilities, etc?

Would be interesting to know what the agreed safe ratio of APs on duty to population is, if such a thing exists, and if this chimes with the conditions needed for Centre's of Excellence possible.

Jesus wept :rolleyes:
    So did Sardonicat.

You know that story last night about the guy who was stabbed by a couple of women while looking for a threesome. Vincent found that incredibly funny but i read that story today and tbh thought it seemed kinda serious.
    He really can be inappropriate.

I presume an Advanced Paramedic has some limited prescribing abilities, etc?

Would be interesting to know what the agreed safe ratio of APs on duty to population is, if such a thing exists, and if this chimes with the conditions needed for Centre's of Excellence possible.
    Yes, APs do have prescribing abilities, I read an article a while back on the ins and outs of what they do and the training they receive, it was very impressive. I will try to locate the article for you.

I'd say that the HSE would say that Clare has adequate cover but a difficulty could arise if there were two major incidents at the one time, maybe there is a second AP on call.

Maybe not, but if he's planning to give David Norris his own show, why not give Michael D. and the Fine Gael Presidential candidate their own show as well??

Why not, indeed? That's a good question. It's a question for TV3, i'd say; Browne probably doesn't give a f*ck about who is standing in for him.
    Is there regulation regarding giving equal media time to presidential candidates? Has Norris got a nomination yet?
    I'm not sure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Vincent just said the budget was next:confused:

Vincent just said the budget was next:confused:

That's mental.com, bosco.

• Advertisement

Why not, indeed? That's a good question. It's a question for TV3, i'd say; Browne probably doesn't give a f*ck about who is standing in for him.
    Is there regulation regarding giving equal media time to presidential candidates? Has Norris got a nomination yet?
    I'm not sure.

Well, considering that Norris wouldn't go anywhere near the Vincent Browne Show when all the Helen Lucy Burke stuff was hitting the fan, I find it absolutely pathetic that TV3 bosses would now turn around and offer the coward a show during the summer; unless it was to secure high audience ratings of course :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement