Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Well, considering that Norris wouldn't go anywhere near the Vincent Browne Show when all the Helen Lucy Burke stuff was hitting the fan, I find it absolutely pathetic that TV3 bosses would now turn around and offer the coward a show during the summer; unless it was to secure high audience ratings of course :rolleyes:

Fair point. But yeah, audience ratings is all that TV3 care about; they're a commercial station after all.
    Come to think of it, audience ratings also seems to be RTE's guiding light, despite their suppossed public service remit.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Well, considering that Norris wouldn't go anywhere near the Vincent Browne Show when all the Helen Lucy Burke stuff was hitting the fan, I find it absolutely pathetic that TV3 bosses would now turn around and offer the coward a show during the summer; unless it was to secure high audience ratings of course :rolleyes:
    Norris is going to be on for one night only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

MrsD007 wrote: »

So get your tickets now..
    He may be 'back by popular-demand', though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I hope the Twitter Machine is working that night..

I hope the Twitter Machine is working that night..
    I'd say the show will be pre-recorded. It will be a great pre presidential election broadcast for him, I'm amazed that it is allowed at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'd say the show will be pre-recorded. It will be a great pre presidential election broadcast for him, I'm amazed that it is allowed at all.

Maybe because he is not nominated yet? (AFAIK)

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Maybe because he is not nominated yet? (AFAIK)
    That is correct Sardy but the show is due to air in August and barring some major disaster he will have received an nomination by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

It doesn't matter if it's for one night, one week or one month. The fact of the matter is that this coward is being alloted air-time despite the fact that he refused point blank to appear on VB's show when the whole HLB controversy was raging. Presumably it will be a show where Norris will be allowed to indulge his own guests and nothing of his own personal travails will be mentioned.

It's this kind of shyte, not no mention the fact that Nora Owen is being indulged on her own show on Midweek, which turns me right off TV Twee.

It doesn't matter if it's for one night, one week or one month. The fact of the matter is that this coward is being alloted air-time despite the fact that he refused point blank to appear on VB's show when the whole HLB controversy was raging. Presumably it will be a show where Norris will be allowed to indulge his own guests and nothing of his own personal travails will be mentioned.

It's this kind of shyte, not no mention the fact that Nora Owen is being indulged on her own show on Midweek, which turns me right off TV Twee.
    Harry, I completely agree with the points you have made and I've made some of them on this thread last week. It is interesting that Norris has been given one night while others have been given a week, maybe TV3 forsee some difficulties already.

I really can't understand why retired ministers are being given jobs in journalism. I also wish that RTE would use the summer schedule to do a Saturday Night Live programme with different guest presenters every week instead of having Miriam on both radio and TV every weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Remember when her and the sister Mary had to keep slipping into conversation who their grand uncle was.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Harry, I completely agree with the points you have made and I've made some of them on this thread last week. It is interesting that Norris has been given one night while others have been given a week, maybe TV3 forsee some difficulties already.

I really can't understand why retired ministers are being given jobs in journalism. I also wish that RTE would use the summer schedule to do a Saturday Night Live programme with different guest presenters every week instead of having Miriam on both radio and TV every weekend.

What are TV3 doing for friday nights? VB mentioned the guest presenters were covering mon-thurs.

Corsendonk wrote: »
    What are TV3 doing for friday nights? VB mentioned the guest presenters were covering mon-thurs.
    As far as I know the Friday night show is going to be axed, I think Skid said that Vinny was interviewed by Matt Cooper recently and he admitted that ratings on a Friday night were not great.

Corsendonk wrote: »

I think the Friday night show is finished for good. Vinnie was on the Ray D'arcy Show a couple of weeks back and he intimated that the Friday show wouldn't be continuing for much longer. It was an abject failure so it won't be missed much, apart from the Jedward night ;)

I think the Friday night show is finished for good. Vinnie was on the Ray D'arcy Show a couple of weeks back and he intimated that the Friday show wouldn't be continuing for much longer. It was an abject failure so it won't be missed much, apart from the Jedward night ;)
    Jedward were absolutely brilliant that night, maybe they should take over the Friday night slot :D:D

Jedward were absolutely brilliant that night, maybe they should take over the Friday night slot :D:D

I'm all for Jedward taking over the Friday night slot. They've got much better hair than Vinny's for a start. ;):D

It wouldn't surprise me if VB comes back to a 4 day week. He seems to be struggling to get enough material for the 4 nights of serious debate without a weekly update on the death of the CelticTiger. If they stuck on a decent movie show like Moviedrome. they would get a better audience on Friday nights.

Hey guys did ye read this... I thought it was a joke but it's actually true..
    Another case that it is truly who you know in this country..

Amanda Brunker to play Oxegen
    It may look like something you’d read in disbelief on Broadsheet, but Sunday World journalist, novelist and sofa plugger Amanda Brunker plays at Oxegen this weekend. She is a late addition to the bill due to line-up changes (Jessie J has dropped out due to a broken foot and Alice Gold has been moved to the main stage as a result) and will appear on the Vodafone Stage at 2pm on Saturday........

After all, let’s be honest, Brunker was hardly going to say no when she was approached. No-one in her situation would. According to her Twitter, she has been working on tracks in the studio inbetween making lasagne. She also tells us to expect kicking dance music and covers for her first gig.

Seems she has shut down her own Twitter machine for the night on account of all the abuse she's getting.

brunkertwitter.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Hey guys did ye read this... I thought it was a joke but it's actually true..
    Another case that it is truly who you know in this country..

Amanda Brunker to play Oxegen

It's a disgrace, whatever joke they are trying to make it's not funny.

It might end up like Daphne and Celeste at Reading, all over again ...

I'm almost relieved that Vinny is going on his holidays.

I'm almost relieved that Vinny is going on his holidays.

What's happening.. I'm fighting with a coax cable to try and get my telly back working :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Ming needs a new shirt methinks...

What's happening.. I'm fighting with a coax cable to try and get my telly back working :(

No idea what's going on with Vinny, but I'm developing a bit of a man crush on Hugh Grant, after watching him on Question Time talking a lot of sense about the phone hacking scandal. He's terrific :o

You're missing Aine Kerr, you'd want to hurry on an fix that auld cable :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Ming's voice is much less annoying when he's bunged up with a cold as I'm presuming he is. He's quite lucky that he didn't actually use the Cannabis issue in his manifesto or he wouldn't have a leg to stand on at this stage.

Skid wrote: »
    No idea what's going on with Vinny, but I'm developing a bit of a man crush on Hugh Grant, after watching him on Question Time talking a lot of sense about the phone hacking scandal. He's terrific :o
    F**k it, I meant to watch that :mad: :mad: :mad: Was it a good programme? Ah, I'm more into Colin Firth anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

You're missing Aine Kerr, you'd want to hurry on an fix that auld cable :D

MrsD, you FOO! You shoulda told 'em Cassie was back!

I love Paschal saying closing A&Es is not a political issue! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Cassie got her bewbs out. You missed it...

Sardonicat wrote: »
    MrsD, you FOO! You shoulda told 'em Cassie was back!

I love Paschal saying closing A&Es is not a political issue! :mad:
    Ah Sardy, it's Skid who is into Cassie. JA is a fan of Aine and Sarah :D

Got me coax fixed ... Aine ... my love.. :)

EDIT: aw jaysus, cancelled out by that other left wing HATCHET..

• Advertisement

F**k it, I meant to watch that :mad: :mad: :mad: Was it a good programme? Ah, I'm more into Colin Firth anyway :)

It was excellent, Hugh went toe to toe with Jon Gaunt, a smarmy columnist from The Sun, and wiped the floor with him.

Have a look on Youtube tomorrow for some clips.

Put it this way, Hugh would be a much better PrimeMinister in real life than he was in Love Actually.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement