Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I'd be mildly annoyed about that, not upset.

Will female TDs have to wear suits aswell? And will they have to wear mute colours too?

It reminds me of the "uniform checks" we had to endure at school:
    " Black or navy shoes, not boots or sandals. Black or Navy knee socks or tights. No necklaces, no bracelets, no rings.Studs or sleepers in ears only, and one in each ear only...."

I think females can't wear jeans, apart from Catherine Murphy we have the following people who came up with the new dress code.

Dail's Committee on Procedures and Privileges Members
    • Seán Barrett (Ceann Comhairle), FG
    • Joe Carey, FG
    • Martin Heydon, FG
    • Paul Kehoe, FG
    • John Lyons, LB
    • Nicky McFadden, FG
    • Catherine Murphy, Ind
    • Seán Ó Fearghaíl, FF
    • Aengus Ó Snodaigh, SF
    • Emmet Stagg LB

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Yes, ladies will have to wear business suits.
    :rolleyes:

Elitist nonsense.

They are supposed to be representing us, not doing business deals. As long as people are clean and presentable it's more important that they can do their jobs. IMO, it is an attempt to make the indies invsible, in case anymore of them do what Mick did and use their image to brand themselves and appeal to younger voters.

Not forgetting that a more informal presentation can be more appealing to "working class" voters.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Corsendonk wrote: »
    I think females can't wear jeans, apart from Catherine Murphy we have the following people who came up with the new dress code.

Dail's Committee on Procedures and Privileges Members
    • Seán Barrett (Ceann Comhairle), FG
    • Joe Carey, FG
    • Martin Heydon, FG
    • Paul Kehoe, FG
    • John Lyons, LB
    • Nicky McFadden, FG
    • Catherine Murphy, Ind
    • Seán Ó Fearghaíl, FF
    • Aengus Ó Snodaigh, SF
    • Emmet Stagg LB

Not very surprising that Emmet Stagg is concerned with the fashion side of things ;)

Go Niamh!! Mary Louise(Enda Senate nomination) doesn't seem to like this negative FG talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

:rolleyes:

Elitist nonsense.

They are supposed to be representing us, not doing business deals. As long as people are clean and presentable it's more important that they can do their jobs. IMO, it is an attempt to make the indies invsible, in case anymore of them do what Mick did and use their image to brand themselves and appeal to younger voters.

Not forgetting that a more informal presentation can be more appealing to "working class" voters.
    I completely agree with you! We will end up paying for these suits as I'm sure some TD's will claim them as an expense.

• Advertisement

Let's see how that apologist Marie Louise sticks up for her buddy Enda on the Roscommon hospital issue....

Feckin pathetic.

I have no issue with people who prefer to dress smartly for work (in fact, back in the day :rolleyes: when I had a job we could dress in jeans but i preferred to smarten up) but don't see why they should be forced to.

They have far more important things to do.

It's all about image over substance and i think it's a disturbing symptom.

Let's see how that apologist Marie Louise sticks up for her buddy Enda on the Roscommon hospital issue....

Feckin pathetic.
    She is safe enough, she has access to an A&E service in Dublin and when she goes back home to Mayo.

Was Mary Louise always this rampant a FG supporter or just recently? You have to ask questions how the Pat Kenny radio show had her as an independent reporter during the election when she is quite clearly biased towards one party.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Is Naughton gone from FG now.

• Advertisement

Marie therese loosing the rag a bit, tonight.

And I call BS on naughton being a hero. He's minding his seat after the next election, which is virtually guarenteed now.

Marie Louise O'Donnell: "We have no money"

No wonder we have no money when our third level lecturers are paid obscene amounts of money and our unelected Seanad representatives are leeching off the State. This woman is making me want to throw my feckin chair at the TV!! :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

How much was she?

Marie therese loosing the rag a bit, tonight.

And I call BS on naughton being a hero. He's minding his seat after the next election, which is virtually guarenteed now.

The Mattie McGrath Defence.

It's all about image over substance and i think it's a disturbing symptom.

Well said Sardy!!

1233_hand_clapping.gif

Vinny (albeit playfully) calls it as it is.
    :D

Is Naughton gone from FG now.
    Yup.

Reilly should not have been making promises til he had all the facts in front of him. As a doctor he should be hanging his head in shame for palying political football with healthcare.

Well impressed with Trevor Hogan speaking I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Why does she think anyone cares about what she wants to hear? What does she lecture in? Bluster?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

ascanbe wrote: »
    Why does she think anyone cares about what she wants to hear? What does she lecture in? Bluster?
    She's a horrendous creature, she really is.

• Advertisement

I always said Eamon Gilmore is a 2 faced so and so.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Worzel Gummidge, Frank Costanza & Martin Keown walk into a studio...

Well impressed with Trevor Hogan speaking I have to say.
    I'm very impressed with him myself I can tell you :D

ascanbe wrote: »
    Talking loud over other people and not having a clue about the real world methinks.

I think your disconected buddy:D

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I'm very impressed with him myself I can tell you :D

Remember your a married woman!:D

Did anyone else hear that truncated yelp when Vinnie announced the break? Have they come to blows?

Worzel Gummidge, Frank Costanza & Martin Keown walk into a studio...

At least Frank Costanza gave us Festivus! ;):D

Michael D- good choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Was Mary Louise always this rampant a FG supporter or just recently? You have to ask questions how the Pat Kenny radio show had her as an independent reporter during the election when she is quite clearly biased towards one party.
    I had to laugh at the Independent tag after her name on the screen . nonsense.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement